Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All my gear...

• 02-10-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Stolen! :-( guess I won't be posting for a while. Both my cameras are gone. I need sympathy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭derokid

where was it robbed from??? What did they get??? Any cover from insurance???

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I feel for you man!

Never a nice thing to happen to anyone. Trying being 13 yrs of age and some scumbag comes charging into the house and robbing the video whilst you're sitting there terrified. The worst thing was I never got that Top Gun video back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭derokid

Roaster wrote: »
    I feel for you man!

Never a nice thing to happen to anyone. Trying being 13 yrs of age and some scumbag comes charging into the house and robbing the video whilst you're sitting there terrified. The worst thing was I never got that Top Gun video back :D

No roaster ur lucky u didnt get top gun back... but u can have my other half's copy of the feckin thing if it will help u overcome the trauma... might help relieve mine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

where was it robbed from??? What did they get??? Any cover from insurance???

Outside University Halls of Residence in Leicester!!! Look like hopefully the car insurance will cover it since it was locked, in boot, in a car parking bay. Feckers were thorough though, my bag (with passort, ipod, dslr, chargers & clothes) went, other bag with just clothes wasn't touched, compact in the glove box is gone, plus a laptop. I'm now stuck in Newcastle trying to get a passport sorted to fly home... looks like I'm gonna have to stay a few extra days to get down to London...

Poo. That's all I have to say. Poo. I'd only just started taking photos, too. Saved up ages to buy a decent camera 2nd hand...
    Trying being 13 yrs of age and some scumbag comes charging into the house and robbing the video whilst you're sitting there terrified. The worst thing was I never got that Top Gun video back

That is worse, admittedly. And Top Gun? How have you lived without it??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

That's just pure sh!te. Hope the insurance comes through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Gutted for you! I hope the insurance comes through, I couldn't get anything from Quinn when I dropped my camera :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭CH3OH

zoegh wrote: »
    hopefully the car insurance will cover it since it was locked, in boot, in a car parking bay.
    Not sure about your specific car policy.. but most car policies have very limited cover for personal property stolen from the car. I know in my case it only covered €250 worth. Have you house insurance ? My house insurance covers unspecified items up to about € 2500 for all risks outside the home. Hopefully if you have a house policy it may cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Zoegh,
    Sorry to hear of your cameras being robbed.
    Not nice.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Bummer ... :(

this is my worst nightmare ... i must go get my stuff insured..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not nice. Terrible thing to happen.

What gear did you actually lose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Damn that sucks, so much stuff to be taken and the hassle of new passport etc.

What gear did you actually lose?

Konica Minolta 5D with the kit lens and a little tripod, plus my fuji compact...

I really, really really hope the car insurance will cover it. I rent, so no home insurance, and I don't even have travel insurance, which would have been ok since I'm over on a holiday... Damn being a student and never being able afford these things!!! If it can't be recovered, it's my own stupid fault, but still!!!

Thanks guys, the sympathy is helping!!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I feel for ya, especially witht he minolta, hard to come by if you wanted to get the same camera again, I loved mine.

I'd love to say something that would make you feel instantly better, but unlikely.

On the passport side though, I had my passport stolen on honeymoon, with all my oney and hubbies passport, but we just went to the local station where there was a special form filled out to verify our story and we got home, a little bit of agro at the airport but otherwise ok. Do you even need your passport for uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Sorry to hear that, thats a bummer. Hope the insurance pays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Konica Minolta 5D with the kit lens and a little tripod, plus my fuji compact...

I really, really really hope the car insurance will cover it. I rent, so no home insurance, and I don't even have travel insurance, which would have been ok since I'm over on a holiday... Damn being a student and never being able afford these things!!! If it can't be recovered, it's my own stupid fault, but still!!!

Zoegh, Sorry to break it to you but your not going to get much from your car insurance on this. I think you’ll be looking at E200 up to (and if your very lucky) E500, still not enough to cover the cost of the items.

If your renting in a halls of residence check with them to see if there is insurance cover included in the room . I was robbed twice and both times it was covered. But this might only apply to the room.

Good luck

.Ps have you informed the police? if not do so, to get a crime number. Also check the local shops that buy used goods for the next week or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Balls! I am sorry to hear that. I hope you'll sort that soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

250 euros or better pounds might be enough if your insurance in english might be enough to get you a2nd hand 5d/ sony a200

Hey all, I'm only just back in Dublin after an epic train & ferry ride (yay for not needing a passport unless you're flying with poxy ryanair!) and I know, no insurance will cover it. I really loved that camera...

Oh well, let this be a lesson to everyone- even if you're a student and can't afford it- GET INSURANCE!!!

Ah well, I guess it's the college society gear for me for a wee while... Still, that might be the only way I'll get to try out a decent Canon for while, so silver lining, right?? :P

Advertisement