Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- October 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto but warm now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

22:00 hours Dublin Airport 5 deg.
    Shannon Airport 14 deg.

Pretty shocking difference in a small country like ireland:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

patneve wrote: »
    22:00 hours Dublin Airport 5 deg.
    Shannon Airport 14 deg.

Pretty shocking difference in a small country like ireland:rolleyes:

back up to 8 deg now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Opposite of yesterday. Dull and mild.

Overcast with hint of brightness to come.

• Advertisement

Overcast but mild.

Meh, damp & mild.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Overcast and mild all day,( boring yawn)

Same again. Eastern half of country is cursed.

mike65 wrote: »
    Same again. Eastern half of country is cursed.

Not much better this end. Although there is some clearance on the horizon.

• Advertisement

The cloud has broken up but still less than blazing. Very mild when the sun does show. Very very still.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Here in Sligo the October weather has been mild dry and settled and I have been able to totally redesign my weather website. http://weathergossip.com

It may not be the most spectacular website but I do spend a large amount of my time search the WWW for long range weather forecasts for Ireland and then I put them on this website.

I have a reasonable record of forecasting weather events. There are moments that define certain periods of weather and one is coming at the end of October. You see there is a Low coming over Ireland next week and then a High is beginning to develop over Scandanavia. As the days are going on the High is developing more and shoving cold air westards at a slow pace it has to be said but it is.

What this defines is that there may be a cold November in the offing if it occurs , however if that Low gets any momentum going and starts dragging its other friends behind it we could be in for an endless flow of mild wet and windy weather. At the moment it is hard to say but Highs are on a High at the moment so even in a couple of days it may be more apparent.

Maybe a wet week next and then a drier one the following and then the start of November could be cold. One thing I would think is that Ireland may see some of the white stuff in November this year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Overcast,calm 11 deg c

Indeed.

Yesterday - chilly enough brightish
    Today - dull milder.

mild and wet

Dry. Wind is starting to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Very dark here in Wexford for the last hour, cloudy. Heard there was some bad weather due tonight, anyone know anymore about that?

heavy rain and gale force south easterly winds here since 2pm (about time we can moan about the weather again)

Bleugh all day.

• Advertisement

sunny and dry so far no wind

Started meh but is brightening up.

mike65 wrote: »
    Started meh but is brightening up.

Dark, wet and breezy.

Breezy and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

Bucketing out of the heavens all the way into work. Now I'm at my desk and its stopped. Looking slightly brighter :(

very heavy showers

Some serious heavy showers last night, must have been woken 3/4 times.

Bright but with the threat of more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Rain is horsing down in SouthDublin..sun is also shining...which is nice.

Rain has been non stop since last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I might be the odd one out here but am i the only one who seems to love the wet chilly days and nights ahead? I say bring it on!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

absolutely brutal rain here for ages,looked at radar and im caught in an organised train of downpour.

Advertisement