Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with speakers

• 02-10-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hope someone can help, just recently (10 days) bought a new series samsung LCD 32" TV, has all the mod cons and looks the part.
    problem is, I have noticed a vibration on the built in speakers, now the speakers are on the bottom of the TV and it is on its stand on a timber cabinet, so I put carpet and then cardboard under the stand to stop the vibration but to no avail. The sound happens generally when someone with a deep voice speaks, Its like a re-vibration at the bottom of the TV, Im baffled as its my opinion that this is not normal, I thought it may have been where its sitting on the cabinet, put its not, I have not changed the sound settings on the TV so anyone out there help.?
    the obvious solution is to bring it back and get a replacement but my concern is that the next TV will do the same thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Hope someone can help, just recently (10 days) bought a new series samsung LCD 32" TV, has all the mod cons and looks the part.
    problem is, I have noticed a vibration on the built in speakers, now the speakers are on the bottom of the TV and it is on its stand on a timber cabinet, so I put carpet and then cardboard under the stand to stop the vibration but to no avail. The sound happens generally when someone with a deep voice speaks, Its like a re-vibration at the bottom of the TV, Im baffled as its my opinion that this is not normal, I thought it may have been where its sitting on the cabinet, put its not, I have not changed the sound settings on the TV so anyone out there help.?
    the obvious solution is to bring it back and get a replacement but my concern is that the next TV will do the same thing.
    There's a 50" Samsung in my house and if suffers the same problem. I though it was the stand or something touching off of it but nothing helped. It must be the speakers themselves. Come to think of it, lifting the TV slightly made a slight improvement but nothing major.

I find that adjusting the EQ settings to Normal seems to help a good bit - such a shame though - I hate the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

Cheers
    I actually brought it back and they replaced it, think there was a damper missing from one of the speakers.

Advertisement