Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy good value pet accessories?

• 02-10-2009 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Would love reccomendations on the best places to buy good quality, yet good value pet accessories? I want my animals to have everything they need, but need to be careful with my spending (damn recession).

Examples of the kind of thing I'm looking for:
    Covered litter tray
    Quick release collars
    Cat harness and lead
    Dog beds
    cat beds
    Scratching post/cat tree
    Plush dog toys with a squeaker inside
    Cat toys
    Radiator cat bed
    Pet carrier

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Check www.zooplus.co.uk . Good Prices, quick delivery, big selection! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

You can also check petconnection in newry. http://www.petconnection.ie/acatalog/cat.html

I ordered there for pet rescue charities and they are good too. Some of their stuffs are a bit cheaper than in zooplus, but they do not have the same large selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

Check www.zooplus.co.uk . Good Prices, quick delivery, big selection! :D

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have found that zooplus are quite expensive. They do have a great selection though!

You can also check petconnection in newry. http://www.petconnection.ie/acatalog/cat.html

I ordered there for pet rescue charities and they are good too. Some of their stuffs are a bit cheaper than in zooplus, but they do not have the same large selections.

Hadn't heard of these before so will have a browse later, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ddc

Ebay is great for all those type of items & alot cheaper that the pet shops. There is also a couple of good pet shops in Newry that are much cheaper for all the accessories & food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ddc wrote: »
    Ebay is great for all those type of items & alot cheaper that the pet shops. There is also a couple of good pet shops in Newry that are much cheaper for all the accessories & food.

Jollyes in Enniskillen and Newry is cheap compared to ROI stores.

Unfortunately I don't have a car, so going to Newry is not an option for me :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

i have used www.petbliss.ie and have seen there store and they a pretty big selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

zooplus aren't expensive really esp. if you order from the uk rather than the ie site.

Some things in Maxi Zoo are cheaper than other places and I think they match the price if you find it cheaper somewhere else.

Ebay can have some bargains on them too also Aldi and Lidl sometimes sell cat scratching posts and other pet stuff and they're grand. Sometimes some hardware shops have reasonably priced cat carriers and other bits try Homevalue Hardware esp. when they have a sale on.

Free ad papers/sites sometimes have pet items going cheap as well.
    You can place a wanted ad there too.

Dog bed wise I'd go for the basic plastic ones rather than those fleecey ones because they are a pain to wash and not that cheap plastic one should last years and pop cheap fleece blankets or vet bed into them instead.

After a good trawl through all the info, here are the cheapest bargains that I could find!! Thanks for all the help, will save a lot of money! Hope this info helps others out there!

Covered litter tray: Argos Cat Toilet - e21.99
    Quick release collars: Petbliss Rainbow Cat collar - e4.00
    Cat harness and lead: Petbliss Suede Harness Set - e5.99
    Dog beds: Ikea Soft Bed - e9.99
    cat beds: Ikea basket - e5.29 Zooplus Soft Oval Bed - e7.49
    Scratching post/cat tree: Argos basic cat tree - e9.99
    Plush dog toys with a squeaker inside: Zooplus Plush Bone - e1.99 Molly's Boutique Monkey - e3.50
    Cat toys: zooplus laser pointer - e2.39 Molly's Boutique disco fish - 99 cent
    Radiator cat bed: Zooplus - e9.90
    Pet carrier: Argos Pet carrier box - e14.29
    Food Bowls: Ikea - 49 cent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

there is a brilliant pet warehouse that has opened in Naas, lot of selection and very cheap. I got a cat wigwam for 3e

there is a brilliant pet warehouse that has opened in Naas, lot of selection and very cheap. I got a cat wigwam for 3e

Cool! What's it called and where in naas is it?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ditto where abouts is the place in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kildare263

Its in the M7 Business Park.(Unite G1) Just off Exit 10 from the motor way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

eBay.co.uk - if no postage marked for Ireland just ask - unless it's something heavy most are happy to post over here

zooplus aren't expensive really esp. if you order from the uk rather than the ie site.

Thanks for that. Have just ordered 9 items (including dog crate, collars, harness, toys etc) and the total comes to only 55 sterling. Am delighted with myself as the crate alone costs 75e in Argos and harness is 17e in the local pet shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Also keep an eye on adverts.ie and jumbletown.ie for freebies. There might be a freecycle group in your area too. I've picked up hamster equipment this way and sometimes there are dog crates, litter trays, dog beds etc. "free to good home" as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

cosnochta wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Have just ordered 9 items (including dog crate, collars, harness, toys etc) and the total comes to only 55 sterling. Am delighted with myself as the crate alone costs 75e in Argos and harness is 17e in the local pet shop.

i am finding at the moment that zooplus.ie is the same amount as zooplus.co.uk but of course being in Euros it's actually cheaper :D it's worth looking at both and comparing as the shipping is free over a certain amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

www.thebigbigpetshop.ie

These guys have everything you could possibly want for your pets.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Also try www.amazon.co.uk as they have pet items. Might not have everything you want but are worth a look. I got a few grooming items, leads and two tee-shirts:o:o for my dog for very good prices.

• Advertisement

Paul91 wrote: »
    i am finding at the moment that zooplus.ie is the same amount as zooplus.co.uk but of course being in Euros it's actually cheaper :D it's worth looking at both and comparing as the shipping is free over a certain amount

Thanks for that advice. It is well worth comparing. I prepared my orders on boths sites and then went for the cheaper option. This time is was the .co.uk, but I only saved about 8euro. Still it all adds up! ;)

aoife2k wrote: »
    www.thebigbigpetshop.ie

These guys have everything you could possibly want for your pets.... :)

just had a quick browse but found they didn't have a lot of things that I was looking for (e.g. shampoo, grooming spray, harness etc). Also, thought that a lot of the items were on the expensive side (e.g. dog crates start at 50e, I got mine for 30e). Think I'll stick to zooplus... :)

lindtee wrote: »
    Also try www.amazon.co.uk as they have pet items. Might not have everything you want but are worth a look. I got a few grooming items, leads and two tee-shirts:o:o for my dog for very good prices.

Thanks! Never thought of looking there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Kildare263 wrote: »
    Its in the M7 Business Park.(Unite G1) Just off Exit 10 from the motor way

Anybody checked out this warehouse in Naas? On the lookout for a cat tree and was wondering what their selection and pricing is like. Have two cats and looking for a tree with a hiding place and a few levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Google says that Unit G1 in the M7 Business Park is a tile place. Can anyone confirm if this is actually there before I send my MIL on a wild goose chase? :D

It's not Maxi Zoo in the Globe park that the original poster is thinking of is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

I didn't find their selection of dog stuff great but I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. Their prices were pretty good though so worth having a look.

I think it's in the same building as the tile place so that's probably where the confusion lies. Took me a while to find it so was beginning to think it was the Maxi Zoo place too because they opened around the same time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Thanks for that, I'll go take a look the next time I'm down that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I didn't know a new place has opened in Naas - will go have a look tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

I didn't know a new place has opened in Naas - will go have a look tomorrow!

Ive been there a few times now and I think their selection is excellent.

I got a new bed for my dog there on Saturday. Its one of those huge cushion type ones(she loves to stretch out!) It has a removable cover so you can wash it. Theres 25% off at the moment so it cost 38.50.

I had gone into Maxi Zoo first as we were passing and the selection of beds was terrible.

I would recommend this place. Its in the same building as the tile place and kind of hidden in the back but its signposted once you get into the business park!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sylwia 01

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    If you are looking for anything cheap around Naas you should go to Pet Discount Warehouse its on M7 businnes park. They have everything your dog/cat needs. They have good selection of Royal Cannin food and at a very cheap price. I got a large bag of Royal Cannin mini dog the green bag and payed 10 less than if i were to get it elsewhere. The cats food is also very cheap. So go there and have a look -its wort it. :)

Advertisement