Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon,, Swing towards No?

Options
  • 02-10-2009 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have voted today, YES. as I have not read one good reason to vote otherwise.

However, back in work now and it seems everyone has switched to No, saying that they believe that it would be best for Ireland in the long term. Nearly the whole office..

I think there may have been a large swing for the No side. Has anyone else noticed this?

btw, i think it would be a ****ing disaster for such a small country like Ireland to vote against such a far reaching and important treaty..

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think most people are using thier vote as a protest against the government whick would also be a ****ing disaster for Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ive lost my voting card. Have i lost my yes/no vote???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

greenman09 wrote: »

No - just take ID down to the polling station. A polling card is not required.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

The card is not required, just bring ID to the polling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No, take a passport/driving license to the polling station and you'll be fine. Polling card is not mandatory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

No. Go along to your polling station and bring a solid ID, like passport or driving licence. If you're on the register they'll let you vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭happymondays

if your planning on voting No then i think they will accept photo ID if you dont have ur polling card.

If your planning on voting Yes then im afraid without the polling card you've lost your vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

ID is fine just voted Yes, never want to see right wing libertas (to many secrets), the looney left (sinners, corr) and right (opus dei) will a debate in Ireland.

Bad and all as we are these people are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I don't see any swing here. Very confident of Yes in my constituency. But then we were emphatically yes last time....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

koolkid wrote: »
    I think most people are using thier vote as a protest against the government whick would also be a ****ing disaster for Ireland .

I never understood answering a question you weren't asked on the ballot, such as "do you approve of the government?". How are they to know that was the question you were answering :confused:

And even more confusing are the people who answered questions they weren't asked and then get annoyed when the question is repeated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

similar to my situation, many people at the polling office were overheard saying "what way did you vote? well I voted no. Ah Me too". I was outside waiting on my OH for about 5 minutes and there was atleast 3 such groups

Indeed within my social circle and family, i only know about 3 yes voters, including one who voted no last time,(turncoats:rolleyes::mad:) and the rest are no voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Max Power1 wrote: »
    similar to my situation, many people at the polling office were overheard saying "what way did you vote? well I voted no. Ah Me too". I was outside waiting on my OH for about 5 minutes and there was atleast 3 such groups

Indeed within my social circle and family, i only know about 3 yes voters, including one who voted no last time,(turncoats:rolleyes::mad:) and the rest are no voters.

So, insofar as there's a swing within the people you know, it's to Yes on the information you've given there.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    So, insofar as there's a swing within the people you know, it's to Yes on the information you've given there.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    Unfortunately, that would indeed seem to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

amongst a group of about 20 where I work, most are voting no, I cant get over the odds or paddypower on betfair, 15/1 on betfair for a no vote, Im definitely putting a few quid down on it.

going by the opinion polls i wouldnt bother

I'm a staunch NO voter but if i was a betting man my money would be on a yes side victory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

It will probably be a yes victory, but 15/1 is way over the odds, its gonna be a close one. Im not sure if i can thrust the polls tbh.
    Ironically ill be reducing my chances of winning money because Ill be voting yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Max Power1 wrote: »
    going by the opinion polls i wouldnt bother

I'm a staunch NO voter but if i was a betting man my money would be on a yes side victory
    Opinion polls aren't worth the paper they're printed on. People lie about what they're going to vote, particularly if "everyone" (the vocal majority = the media, politicans, friends/family) is "saying" that they're going to vote one way, they'll often tell pollsters they'll vote that way, and than vote the other.

So yeah, I'd throw a few quid on at 15/1.

I'm not there, but I wouldn't be altogether surprised if the No side won out. Both sides (seem) to have worked on people's own interests, but the No side have pushed the fear aspect way more than the yes side, who've worked on the hope side of things. I hope it'll be a yes though.

Advertisement