Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland - Cancellation Fee. How much?

• 02-10-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

Right, iv had enough with BT.
    Gonna cancel them and go with UPC, its gonna faster and cheaper to maintain.
    Im currently on a 3mb line with a 30gb cap, there are a few of us in the house, watching online streams, xbox live, and general usage.
    Every month we are over the cap, speeds are slow compared with UPC (they can offer us 10mb speed instead of 3mb)

Anyone know how much it is to cancel, so i can get out this phone line rental (which is a joke, since i dont use the landline at all), couldnt find the fee for the cancellation anywhere.

Thanks
    A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It'll depend on how much of your contract is remaining. Normally, they'd expect you to pay out the full 12 months. So if you've 6 months left, it'll be 6x€50 or whatever the monthly charge is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Ok so, ill have to hold off for a few months, have 5 months left on the contract and im not forking out 250€. Ill wait til feb or so then to cancel.
    Thanks for the quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

I was told it was €150 only a few months into a 12/18 month contract, thought that was just their standard charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

AdrianII wrote: »
    Right, iv had enough with BT.
    Gonna cancel them and go with UPC, its gonna faster and cheaper to maintain.
    Im currently on a 3mb line with a 30gb cap, there are a few of us in the house, watching online streams, xbox live, and general usage.
    Every month we are over the cap, speeds are slow compared with UPC (they can offer us 10mb speed instead of 3mb)

Anyone know how much it is to cancel, so i can get out this phone line rental (which is a joke, since i dont use the landline at all), couldnt find the fee for the cancellation anywhere.

Thanks
    A

Before you cancel, check the recent adds on the migration of BT customers to Vodafone, as they switch you one, you have a one-time only option to cancell free of charge if you do not want to do to vodafone..

Advertisement