Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback ban.

Options
  • 02-10-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Upon reflection I'd like to appeal the severity of the one month ban from feedback and accompanying infraction I received. If you look at it from an objective point of view I've had no serious infractions on that forum. My last ban from feedback was in 2004, lifted early 2005. Thats nearly six years ago and I'd argue should not be used as justification for such harsh punishment.

So in summary
    • I hadn't been banned before (If a ban is six years old its time to let it go)
    • I hadn't been red card infracted before.
    • I hadn't been officially warned before.
    For the sake of argument we'll agree that I was banned for personal abuse. To step in with a full one month ban for personal abuse right off the bat, seems to my mind excessive and that a 3 day - one week ban is more in line with what is typically dealt out for a first time ban.

I have contacted the banning moderator several times as per boards.ie guidelines without response. I look forward to being able to continue posting on the feedback forum.

Advertisement