Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands that disappeared.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Pity these lads didn't keep on, they're a good laugh.

Jaysus, i am old.

Never thought i'd see the day when a silver shiney tracksuit was metal!

I WORE A BULLET BELT FOR YEARS DAMMIT!

...and i coulda just got a tracksuit....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Irish band Skindive -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skindive

Really thought they were going to make it big. Odd one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Not as old as some bands on the thread but two that kind of surprised me by releasing one album and then dissapearing were Will Haven (Carpe Diem) and Mad at Gravity (Resonance) two strong first albums but just never went anywhere.

Cant provide links sorry, no youtube access from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

ADTR wrote: »
    Sikth

They didn't disapperar,they just broke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Pity these lads didn't keep on, they're a good laugh.

No wonder they didnt,

They probably spent there entire budget on `how to wave your arms` lessons

but they are good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

They didn't disapperar,they just broke up.

I know that. But they did disappear after their initial success. Some of the other bands mentioned in this thread broke up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Max Power1 wrote: »
    is this not a rock/metal forum?
    Bewitched?
    There was a metal band called Bewitched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Was moving house recently, and when packing away I came across Sh*tloads of old tapes, so I thought A tread with forgotton bands would be an Idea: Ones that stood out for me was 'Pist.on : Number One' which is a great album although the follow up was terrible. Another Band which is worth Mentioning is 'Nocturnas' - anyone got any idea what these guys are doing lately??

pist on "number 1" great album still listen to it
    shame they fell by the wayside
    anyone remember Pyogensis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Thank Christ. I think this band had more possible mentally retarded members than Alien Ant Farm.

I've hated checkered shoes ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Lil Kitten wrote: »

I've hated checkered everything ever since lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

****in' LOVED this band's album 'Start with a strong and persistant desire'. Broke up 6 months after it though. Man i F*CKIN' LOVED THEM, though they were like post 'Melon Collie' Smashing Pumpkins meets 'Vs' era Pearl Jam. Was going to catch them live but they broke up b4 the gig.

Front man was in a band after called Septembre or some **** which they ended up sounding like!

Wasted potential(sic)! :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Think they released an absolute bomb so that's them wiped clean.

I liked the Hurt Process, lots of different members left and were replaced. They just split up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

I know what happened to those bands. Actually, I saw good reviews for Hondo Maclean's album back when they released it. They just broke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

The Nymphs, one great album then disappeared

Dan Reed Network, shoulda been huge

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

furiousox wrote: »
    Dan Reed Network, shoulda been huge

Jaysus there's a blast from the past!! Seen them backing up Bon Jovi at the point in 1990. Still have 2 of their albums on cassette somewhere,"Slam" and "The Heat" i think they're called.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Jaysus there's a blast from the past!! Seen them backing up Bon Jovi at the point in 1990. Still have 2 of their albums on cassette somewhere,"Slam" and "The Heat" i think they're called.

Yeah!
    Was there myself, Slam is a great album.
    'Dan' is still out there, still bald and doing solo acoustic gigs!

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Yeah!
    Was there myself, Slam is a great album.
    'Dan' is still out there, still bald and doing solo acoustic gigs!

I heard he went all spiritual and stuff and then went into construction or something!!

Used to love the song "seven sisters road",must see if i can get the album online.

Here's some nymphs

crap video quality but still a great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hnbOW0tAWI

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Still going ... and coming here no less. He is playing The Diamond Rock Club in the village of Ahoghill, just 4 miles from Ballymena and 9 miles from Antrim on 11 December!

yknaa wrote: »
    Still going ... and coming here no less. He is playing The Diamond Rock Club in the village of Ahoghill, just 4 miles from Ballymena and 9 miles from Antrim on 11 December!

Wow! Fair play to him,wonder if he's doing any DRN stuff?

Another band who broke up/disappeared and should've made it pretty big were these guys:

They were a great band,their album Standunder had some great tunes on it. Not sure if being labeled "the next guns n' roses" hindered them or their first big show being at Slane supporting GN'R was too much. I met Brendan(i think) from MLF at a Velvet Revolver gig in the ambassador last year and he said they were going to give it another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Sad to see these guys go.... I thought they'd go all the way!!

Wasnt a huge fan, but did think they would make it alot bigger!!!

Another Band that is Truly Missed...Is the Mighty Stampin' Ground - Amazing Band!!!!
    Mini update on One Minute Silence their drummer Eddie (edwin Stratton) is now a "medicinal marijuana user that has refused a police caution for growing his own medication to alleviate his suffering and is seeking a Judicial Review of the Government's classification of cannabis, arguing they are incompatible with the European Human Rights Act and also the Misuse of Drug Act itself." More details here http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=13316.

Also like most UK based bands they could only get so big and the Taste Media deal went sour AFAIK. There have been vague rumours of a reformation (see http://www.myspace.com/oneminutesilencefans)

You might think Stampin' Ground would be missed but the 100 people at their final show in London says otherwise (i.e. they were animal but no one was interested). Also Romeo Must Die are quite good and worth checking out live.

I really liked Sona Fariq and disappointed they never went further their album was stonking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Groop Dogdrill - Doncaster's Finest

Cecil - no youtubes...
    http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/CECIL

Cold - these fellas are still around seemingly? I lost them back in 1998

12 Rods - the new smashing pumpkins in 1996

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Ponyclub, great band from Finglas. "Family Business", their 2004 album was brilliant. Their current album "Post Romantic" is good too, but they don't seem to gig that much. A band that should have been huge imo.

(not exactly rock/metal, but some of those mentioned here aren't either, feel free to remove post if it's in the wrong section)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Scheer, I think they were called. First album was really good 90s rock, second album got delayed for years, and they kinda dissolved I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

The Eagles. Oh, ah ... right, thought the thread was about Bands I wish had disappeared. :D

Bit like Ponyclub mentioned above The Would Bee's were top notch.
    Thankfully Jason and the Scorchers were once lost and now found and returning in 2010 with a new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Another band who broke up/disappeared and should've made it pretty big were these guys:

They were a great band,their album Standunder had some great tunes on it. Not sure if being labeled "the next guns n' roses" hindered them or their first big show being at Slane supporting GN'R was too much. I met Brendan(i think) from MLF at a Velvet Revolver gig in the ambassador last year and he said they were going to give it another go.

Graham from My Little Funhouse had some small success as Halite, didn't he?

He was in Therapy for a bit too but he's mostly been gigging with people like Snow Patrol and Glen Hansard in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

yknaa wrote: »
    Thankfully Jason and the Scorchers were once lost and now found and returning in 2010 with a new album.

Good to hear that. Picked up "Lost and Found" on eBay recently. Didn't realise some new stuff was forthcoming!!!!

Advertisement