Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands that disappeared.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Refused split not long after dropping The Shape of Punk to Come. Very influential album. nice review of it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

With the "possible" exception of Vio-Lence - every band listed over the last 5 pages desappeared cos they were sh!te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

RayCon wrote: »
    With the "possible" exception of Vio-Lence - every band listed over the last 5 pages desappeared cos they were sh!te.

Of course!
    lt's all become so obvious now!
    Thank you for pointing that out!!
    lt was staring us in the face all along! :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

You're spot on except B*Witched*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

kings of metal though they are! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Theory in Practice
    Lykathea Aflame
    Mutant
    Garden of Shadows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Max Power1 wrote: »
    theyre actually 3rd cousins of mine..

... but they werent any good!

And CERTAINLY not rock or metal!!!??

I thought he meant the swedish old school black thrash band of the same name.;)

Some bands that I love that seemed to have faded away:

Arcane Sun
    In The Woods...
    Dawn
    Novembre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Reuben and The Refused were both brilliant bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Fad wrote: »
    Reuben and The Refused were both brilliant bands.

Sikth were incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

alien ant farm.

music wept.

Alien ANt Farm? i for one am glad they dissappeared,, couldnt stand the fookers.
    Im not a big michael jackson fan but alien ant farn slaughtered smooth criminal...shudda left it to jacko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

lord lucan wrote: »
    Another band who broke up/disappeared and should've made it pretty big were these guys:

They were a great band,their album Standunder had some great tunes on it. Not sure if being labeled "the next guns n' roses" hindered them or their first big show being at Slane supporting GN'R was too much. I met Brendan(i think) from MLF at a Velvet Revolver gig in the ambassador last year and he said they were going to give it another go.

That could be a big problem for them. Their record label dropped them the last time cause they werent selling enough. The record company lost over 2 million on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

You really sure? 'Cos Refused were f*cking awesome.

A great band that have long been forgotten about are The God Machine. They released two epic, sprawling, mind-blowing albums in 93 and 94 respectively before their bassist died from a brain-tumour. They could have had an amazing career.

Advertisement