If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me again! Budget surround system...Ash/John?

Options
  • 02-10-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Another one for ya. My sister is looking for a budget surround system and is willing to spend around 200Euro. She has been looking at the HTS3367 and an LG one. I dont think the LG one was up to much so the Philips one is leading the way. Just wondering if you guys knew of any better options for a budget all in one system? Or do you guys in the Philips shop do the HTS3367 (In littlewoods for €189?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Any ideas?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

chris_ie wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Another one for ya. My sister is looking for a budget surround system and is willing to spend around 200Euro. She has been looking at the HTS3367 and an LG one. I dont think the LG one was up to much so the Philips one is leading the way. Just wondering if you guys knew of any better options for a budget all in one system? Or do you guys in the Philips shop do the HTS3367 (In littlewoods for €189?

Cheers :)

Chris,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

Yep that's a mega price on that 3367 - but we will happily match it - I also have one open box HTS3365 which I can do at just €89.99 (in perfect nick!)

Keep me posted - we have both items in stock,

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Chris,

Yep that's a mega price on that 3367 - but we will happily match it - I also have one open box HTS3365 which I can do at just €89.99 (in perfect nick!)

ATB,

John Mc

Cheers John, what the difference between the HTS3365 and HTS3367?

Looking at spec sheets and dont see anything too major.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3367_05/hts3367_05_pss_eng.pdf
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3365_55/hts3365_55_pss_eng.pdf

There is the 2 links - basically the 3365 is a 5.1 system with satellite speakers - whilst the 3367 has 2 front speakers with stands - in most / all other respects they are the same thing!

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi guys

Actually the speakers with the stands are designed for rear use they have far longer lenghts of speaker cable than the compact front speakers.

I guess there is no reason why you couldn't extend the cable lenght though should you wish to use them as the main Left & Right speakers

We have one here in store if you fancy a look see at it.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Sis has got back to me and she likes the idea of the tall speakers for the rear so looks like it'll be the HTS3367. Littlewoods €189

Maybe a scart cable aswell and cable to connect to sky box (cant remember what connections a normal sky box have :confused:)

I've told her that the sound coming for her sky box wont be surround but the DPLII processing might do an OK job for her. She might be getting Sky+ later so it would do until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi John,
    Sent you a PM yesterday about a 32" TV and will take that open box HTS3365 if its still available since chris_ie is going for the 3367. I also have two of those USB keys reserved so once I decide on what TV to opt for maybe we could get the lot delivered together? Thanks.

Hi there Chris

its on its way today.
    You should have them in your place tomorrow.

Thanks for the order

Ash

Hi Chalky024

I have 2x Swarovski USB keys reserved in store for your goodself.
    Do you still need them or can I release them to the hungry hoards??

Cheers
    Ash

Hi there Chris

its on its way today.
    You should have them in your place tomorrow.

Thanks for the order

Ash

Cheers Ash, top notch customer service as usual! By the way, you have any idea of the time tomorrow it will land, doubt you will cos its out of your hands now, just that I'm at work all day but the girlfriend will be around til bout 1-2ish.

• Advertisement

Hi Chris

I'll ask the Driver when he arrives if he can give an ets plus I'll pass on the track and trace number also

cheers
    Ash

Hi Chris

I'll ask the Driver when he arrives if he can give an ets plus I'll pass on the track and trace number also

cheers
    Ash

Perfect, cheers Ash.

Hi Chalky024

I have 2x Swarovski USB keys reserved in store for your goodself.
    Do you still need them or can I release them to the hungry hoards??

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,
    I will be taking the USB keys and hopefully the HTS3365 that chris_ie passed on. I'm trying to decide on a TV to pick also. Sent yourself and John a PM yesterday. Was hoping to get the lot delivered in one go and maybe save a bit on postage costs:D. Was just waiting for a reply to the PM to finalise. Thanks.

Hi Chalky

Must check my pm's
    I'll hold the Swarovski for you.

Ash

Chris,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks Ash,
    Put me down for the 3365 in any case(assuming its still available) and we can sort the TV later:)
    Chalky

Hi Chris

cheers
    Ash

Hey Ash,
    You get that info? If you didn't, no worries.

Cheers.

Never mind! My other sister was in town there collecting something and seen the TV and sound system being loaded into the delivery van :P

Hi Chris
    pm ing you the no
    Hope this helps

Ash

Hey Ash,
    I replied to you in another thread regarding the delivery of this and my 32PFL7404 (sweet tv!). Another query, my sis has caught the home entertainment bug now. She's interested in buying a tv in the future. Fancies a 40-42 inch as this is what she had before. I was telling her about the one I got off you guys and she wouldn't mind having ambilight also. So I've suggested the 42PFL8404 to her. Last I seen on here the prices was €899 (after boardies discount) with 4 year warranty. Is this still the case?

Cheers,
    Chris.

Hi Chris

Yep thats the latest Boardies price.
    I have them in stock as well - finally!

You know you can't have you sister getting a bigger TV then you - shall I set aside a 47PFL8404 for you:D:D:D

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Chris

Yep thats the latest Boardies price.
    I have them in stock as well - finally!

You know you can't have you sister getting a bigger TV then you - shall I set aside a 47PFL8404 for you:D:D:D

Cheers
    Ash

Ha! Dont tempt me!! My current tv in the sitting room is a 40" Samsung, its a good TV but have to say I'm liking the Philips ha! I think I'll leave it for a while now though...:D

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    Sent you a PM today on a similar subject. Look forward to hearing back from you.
    Chalky

Hi John,
    Are you still out there????????
    chalky024 wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Sent you a PM today on a similar subject. Look forward to hearing back from you.
    Chalky

Hi John,
    I see that you are active this morning and was hoping you could help me. You might have seen fro my previous posts that I am looking for a price on a cinema system to go with a 32PFL7404 that I am waiting to order. Was thinking of something along the lines of the HTS3365 you mentioned on a post last week. Can you price something similar for me?

Thanks,
    Chalky

Hi John,
    I see that you are active this morning and was hoping you could help me. You might have seen fro my previous posts that I am looking for a price on a cinema system to go with a 32PFL7404 that I am waiting to order. Was thinking of something along the lines of the HTS3365 you mentioned on a post last week. Can you price something similar for me?

Thanks,
    Chalky

Chalky,

apologies ...again!

What about the HTS3020 - we can do this at just EURO €129.95 and it will match your 7404 quite well (although you would of course be much better going for a full separates system!)

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to you and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John,
    Nicola did suggest this model to me but I would prefer to get something that will upscale to 1080. I was hoping to get something with small speakers as well. Any other suggestions?

Thanks John,
    Nicola did suggest this model to me but I would prefer to get something that will upscale to 1080. I was hoping to get something with small speakers as well. Any other suggestions?

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3164_05/hts3164_05_pss_eng.pdf

I may have one or two of these left in Open box, perfect nick - £79.95 / €89.99

??

Keep me posted..

John Mc

Nicola on behalf of Ash

May be that one of the HTS6134 is booked. Will let everyone know asap whether or not its taken.

Thanks, Nicola.

Hi again John,
    That HTS3164 looks to be what I'm looking for but one final question before I confirm:o Do you have any of the HTS3365 units that you mentioned here
    Chris,

ATB,

John Mc

If not then I reckon the 3164 is the unit for me:D

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Chalky24,

As far as I know the HTS3365 is gone but the HTS3164 is very similar.

There's 2 in Richer sounds and I have one held for another boardie. Do you want me to pop your name on the second one?

Thanks, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Hi John/Nicola
    You can put my name down for the HTS3164 so please. Can you tell me if the 32PFL7404 comes with a stand as standard?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.