Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSA with AIB at 5.5%?

Options
  • 02-10-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, one year ago I saw AIB offering the chance to open ,for AIB customer, a PRSA account with maximum saving of 300 euro per month at an annual rate of 5.5% with no DIRT (as it was a PRSA ).
    I tried to find on AIB website is they were still offering a similar solution but I couldn't find anything.
    I'm looking for the chance to open a PRSA with the best possible rate without risk (no funds).
    Can anyone suggest the best solution?

Comments

I can't recall that specific offer but it may have been a 'headline' rate on a product they offered through Aviva at the time.

Even if it was their 'Safe Haven' account, it was still a 'Fund' ie Cash Fund with a 1% annual management charge and a 5% charge on each contribution paid in.

I have no doubt that this headline rate no longer exists and that anyone that did 'invest' in it is no longer getting anything like it as a rate of return.

Probably best to look for a product that does not have the contribution charge, so as to reduce cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

thanks for the reply. The fact is that I'm looking for a pension scheme with no charge and fixed rate of return. I don't want invest my future pension in funds. I maybe old fashioned, but too many of my friend lost money with funds..

Advertisement