Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bookie odds on Harry Redknapp to quit

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hopefully FIFA are banning him from football, need some consistency after what they did to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

11/8 on skybet from 50/1!!

What the hell is going on???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

One bet of a couple of hundred can slash odds these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Ya I know but why would someone throw a few hundred on the gangster geezer leaving? To push out other odds (hart and brown) and lump onto them??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

To be fair, by his standards he has been there for ages, probably time to move on.

• Advertisement

glanman wrote: »
    Ya I know but why would someone throw a few hundred on the gangster geezer leaving? To push out other odds (hart and brown) and lump onto them??

Don't know, maybe someone saw odds of 50/1 and thought, hey, it's Harry, that's very generous, he could leave any minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bookies always do this
    they're trying to regenerated a stagnate market

anyone remember rafa to quit and ribery to liverpool :rolleyes:

My mothers auntie's kenyan twin norweigan step father told me he is leaving Spurs.

In fairness, only idiots bet on this market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rarnes1 wrote: »
    My mothers auntie's kenyan twin norweigan step father told me he is leaving Spurs.

How the hell would Peter Kenyan know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

CHD wrote: »
    To be fair, by his standards he has been there for ages, probably time to move on.

Harry would beat the rats off of a sinking ship alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

So what your sayin is this is an international betting coup. fcuk me I better get on quick :D

In fairness, only idiots bet on this market.

Betting on Phil Brown are Paul Hart as first manager to leave their job at the start of the season would have been a decent bet IMO.

I'm sure plenty did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Nothing in this. The man doesn't pass gas without first involving the media somehow.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Nothing in this. The man doesn't pass gas without first involving the media somehow.

That'd be a good press conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

JPA wrote: »
    That'd be a good press conference.

Same as any other managerial press conference. They all talk through their arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rumour or not, my fingers are crossed as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

JPA wrote: »
    Betting on Phil Brown are Paul Hart as first manager to leave their job at the start of the season would have been a decent bet IMO.
    I personally can't wait till Phil Brown gets the boot so I can unload those you've been tangoed gifs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Aidric wrote: »
    I personally can't wait till Phil Brown gets the boot so I can unload those you've been tangoed gifs.

why the hate for phil ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=harry+redknapp

Says he's been arrested, NOTW story apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The odds on Harry Redknapp becoming the next Premier League manager to either be sacked or resign have been cut to evens by the bookmaker Victor Chandler. Redknapp began the day as 50-1 outsider to be the next man out, but after a run of bets from punters the longest odds available is 2-1 with Paddy Power.

"There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this one and frankly it's left us baffled," said Darren Haines, spokesman for Paddy Power. "But no matter what price we cut Redknapp to punters keep backing him– surely they don't think he's going to go back to save Portsmouth for a third time?"

Graham Sharpe, of William Hill, added: "It is probably a bandwagon effect as usual, based on unsubstantiated gossip, but in volatile markets of this nature you can't afford to take a chance and we are being inundated with calls from punters wanting to bet that Harry will be the first to go."

Before the run of bets on Redknapp, Paul Hart and Phil Brown had been the favourites to lose their jobs. They have now drifted out slightly to 7-2 with Skybet.

source : http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/02/harry-redknapp-odds-sack-race

Statement from William Hill on the matter

more pf the same here

The flurry of activity has surprised bookmakers Paddy Power, who said that punters are still laying down large sums despite odds being cut severely.

On Thursday night Redknapp was 50/1 with the bookmaker to be the next Premier League manager to leave his job. They have since slashed the odds to just 2/1, and this despite Tottenham currently lying in fourth place.

Related Articles
    Bolton v Tottenham: match preview
    Keane sees 'bigger picture' at Spurs
    Jermain Defoe has broken hand
    Spurs given boost over Modric return
    Redknapp warns against complacency

Darren Haines, a spokesman for Paddy Power, said: "There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this one and frankly its left us baffled.

"But no matter what price we cut Redknapp to punters keep backing him. Surely they don’t think he’s going to go back to save Portsmouth for a third time?"

William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe added: "It is probably a bandwagon effect as ususal, based on unsubstantiated gossip, but in volatile markets of this nature you can't afford to take a chance and we are being inundated with calls from punters wanting to bet that Harry will be the first to go."

Hills make Paul Hart 11/10 to be the first out, with Phil Brown at 5/4 and Redknapp 5/1 third favourite.

Redknapp is due to give a scheduled press conference this afternoon ahead of the weekend game against Bolton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/6254522/Harry-Redknapp-betting-surge-mystifies-bookmakers.html

but it does mention he is due to give a press conference this afternoon so i guess we will have the answers then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

shotamoose wrote: »
    http://search.twitter.com/search?q=harry+redknapp

Says he's been arrested, NOTW story apparently.

I should have added, this could of course be complete bollocks, NOTW filtered through Twitter does not make for the most authoritative source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Even more money for the bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Des wrote: »

It's Peter Kenyon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Des wrote: »
    He's been lined up to replace ancelloti now he's lost a game and everyone thinks he's going to go the same way as scolari.;)

Advertisement