Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I didn't think he was anyway at fault for the first goal tbh Kag. I may have to see it again.

Evra wasn't poor last season Bubs, he wasn't as good as Cole & hasn't been so far this year, but he was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In comparison to your centre backs Evra and O'Shea are a drop in quality. O' Shea certainly. Evra I suppose ain't that bad but I've never felt he was that good and he was very poor last season. Very good the season before that in fairness though. Bosingwa and A.Cole on the other hand are easily at the same level as Terry and Carvalho

WTF. Evra is the equal of Cole, or some people will argue one is better then the other but they are both at the same high level.
    Right back is weaker no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

JPA wrote: »
    WTF. Evra is the equal of Cole, or some people will argue one is better then the other but they are both at the same high level.
    Right back is weaker no doubt.

Evra is not as good as Cole. Last year he wasn't as good. His overall career hasn't been as good.

Cole has been better than Evra for at least the last 12-18 months tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Evra is not as good as Cole. Last year he wasn't as good. His overall career hasn't been as good.

What's this based on? Medals, team of the season? or clean sheets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I didn't think he was anyway at fault for the first goal tbh Kag. I may have to see it again.

Evra wasn't poor last season Bubs, he wasn't as good as Cole & hasn't been so far this year, but he was very good.

Evra is quality but had a shocking last 4 months of the season last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Skrtel is one of the best centre halfs in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

keep on-topic which is the game between chelsea v liverpool

good enough to play for any of the other top teams, wouldnt get in at the moment, because he is younger & more inexperienced without as big a rep as the others.

but he has already shown he can be depended on for a team wanting to be involved in a title race.

i'd put him as in the top 6 or so CB's in England.

Believe it or not, the team that wins the league doesnt have the best player in every position, as much as you would like to think so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

(To the air of 'Yellow Submarine')

'Piss off Gerrard,
    You'll never win the league,
    Never win the league,
    Never win the league.'

Liverpool were very poor on Sunday, Hilario only had two 'big' saves to make all game (Riera's FK, and Gerrard's last minute screamer). Gerrard and Torres were anonymous.

Drogba was excellent when he was passing and playing, but a bloody disgrace otherwise... His diving was pissing everyone, including me, off. I was delighted when Terry had a word with him and told him to cop on. He's one of the best centre forwards going, if only he'd quit the diving!

Henrique Hilario fully deserved MOM, he was immense and controlled the penalty area like a pro. When called upon, he was world-class. I honestly believe he should start against Villa ahead of Cech on the back of his performance on Sunday.

2-0 was a satisfying result, and sweet revenge for last season!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

They weren't very poor, the general concensus was that it was a very even physical game, the difference between the 2 sides being Chelsea's clinical finishing with their couple of opportunities.

By the way, can you not see the irony in you giving the Chelsea keeper MOTM?

podge018 wrote: »

I didn't give it to him, he was the Barclays MOTM on Sky. Honestly, I'd have given it to Essien.

It is kinda ironic, but in all fairness, Hilario only had two saves to make, it was just he controlled the penalty area and dealt with any crosses superbly.

You said he fully deserved it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

DazMarz wrote: »
    I didn't give it to him, he was the Barclays MOTM on Sky. Honestly, I'd have given it to Essien.

It is kinda ironic, but in all fairness, Hilario only had two saves to make, it was just he controlled the penalty area and dealt with any crosses superbly.

HAHAHAHA Shot in the foot

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

LOL

He wasn't MOM the match. He was given it because he was our supposed weak link and was solid. Essien and Drogba were better. Terry and Carvalho were immense.

Chelsea Irony 2-0 Liverpool.

You said he fully deserved it! :D

He, along with several others, fully deserved to get MOTM. Essien, Drogba, Ashley Cole, Deco... All in the running to get MOTM. They all fully deserved to get MOTM, it was just, as CHD said, that Hilario was supposed to be the weak link and he performed so well that he got MOTM.

Anyway, enough nitpicking: Bottom line is...

Chelsea 2
    Liverpool 0.

No team who has ever won the Premiership title has ever conceded more than 10 goals or lost more than 2 games out of the first 8. Liverpool have succeeded in doing both. Goodnight, Vienna.

No team who has ever won the Premiership title has ever conceded more than 10 goals or lost more than 2 games out of the first 8. Liverpool have succeeded in doing both. Goodnight, Vienna.

you said Hilario was a deserved MOTM, then you said that about 7 of your players deserved MOTM, christ! must have been some performance from Chelsea, feel quite good now that we held our own against Chelseas performance of the decade! :D

we're on the same amount of points as Utd were this stage last season.
    if we won on Sun & Utd didn't get a flukey o.g. on Sat, we'd be top. I'm not saying thats what should have happened or anything like that. Just pointing out how close it is at the top.

An Italian Manager has never won the Premier League (its a useless stat, but it has about as much merit as your stats).

Goodnight Hollywood Blvd!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

He, along with several others, fully deserved to get MOTM. Essien, Drogba, Ashley Cole, Deco... All in the running to get MOTM. They all fully deserved to get MOTM, it was just, as CHD said, that Hilario was supposed to be the weak link and he performed so well that he got MOTM.

Anyway, enough nitpicking: Bottom line is...

Chelsea 2
    Liverpool 0.

And thanks to the types of shenanigans displayed by Drogba on Sunday, as well as various other incidents and reasons, no team has managed to generate as much disdain, disgust, and outright hatred by fans of so many other teams in the history of the league as Chelsea have. Congratulations ;)

spockety wrote: »
    And thanks to the types of shenanigans displayed by Drogba on Sunday, as well as various other incidents and reasons, no team has managed to generate as much disdain, disgust, and outright hatred by fans of so many other teams in the history of the league as Chelsea have. Congratulations ;)
    Deadly you can be jealous and bitter. Love it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its all true though. If the law were applied properly the man wouldn't have been on the pitch by the time he set up the first goal.

noodler wrote: »
    Its all true though. If the law were applied properly the man wouldn't have been on the pitch by the time he set up the first goal.
    He would have and was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sure let's keep this thread going until the Anfield fixture.

who's with me?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I still think Liverpool can win this. It's only two nil. Torres to get two and Yossi with a last minute winner

monkey9 wrote: »
    I still think Liverpool can win this. It's only two nil. Torres to get two and Yossi with a last minute winner

where do you think the game was? Old Trafford?!

SlickRic wrote: »

who's with me?

;)
    I'm with you.You will be playing for pride at that stage and maybe to scrape 4th :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

SlickRic wrote: »

who's with me?

;)

i think the real post game debate should not be which team has the better fullback/centreback/defence in general, not who was the better keeper/in the game/in general, not who deserved the MOTM and who played useless..no..

the real debate that needs bringing up is:

which team had the better subs bench?!

(ill get me coat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

is this match still in extra time?

quarryman wrote: »
    is this match still in extra time?
    Nope, Chelsea won 2-0

CHD wrote: »
    Nope, Chelsea won 2-0

**** it anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CHD wrote: »
    Nope, Chelsea won 2-0

:D

ill get the dagger will I ?

Headshot wrote: »

If they wana keep bumping it i will too :)

Lucas had a good game though

Headshot wrote: »

Want mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lucas had a good game though

how many times have you've said that now ?

iv lost count ;)

so does anyone know the starting elevens?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement