Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Chelsea to win 2-0 with Essien being universally praised afterwards for keeping Gerrard in his pocket.
    Also, Liverpool to have a genuine penalty shout turned down when Chelsea are 1 up (Well there has to be something there to keep this thread open 'til next week:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Care to share your little formula with us?
    So Essien, Lampard, Cole, Anelka and Terry only add up to 25% of a threat yeh??

havent got to subtraction in school yet then? dont worry, its your times tables you should worry about...

Labrador to get a tap in & Joe Cole to equalise. You heard it here first ;)

1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Liverpool's centre backs are just too bad to handle Didier. Can't see us losing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

havent got to subtraction in school yet then? dont worry, its your times tables you should worry about...

Ah look its my favourite friend Bastard Prince. yep you'll find that 100% minus 25% equals 75%, if ya ever need help with maths again honey just PM me xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Liverpool's centre backs are just too bad to handle Didier. Can't see us losing

Is that why Chelsea always score so many goals against us? Discounting those freak CL encounters last season, Drogba while obviously always a handful, has been managed

Is that why Chelsea always score so many goals against us? Discounting those freak CL encounters last season, Drogba while obviously always a handful, has been managed

Carra has never ever been this bad, there's no Alonso which has disrupted the team and I assume there are some questions over Masch's fitness. He'll play but not 100% but that's no surprise because his hearts not in it anyway. Also, you wing backs, not the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ah look its my favourite friend Bastard Prince. yep you'll find that 100% minus 25% equals 75%, if ya ever need help with maths again honey just PM me xxx

i think if you read the post again, you'll find he said without drogba they are only 75% as good, therefore drogba = 25%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

SlickRic wrote: »
    if you'd said cole is a better defender, i might have entertained a discussion.

going forward they're at least even. until this season, cole had 4 goals to his name in his career or something. assists-wise, not a whole lot better.

he is not 'a lot better going forward' by any stretch.

cole is the better all-round full back though, i'll give you that.

well at arsenal he had 8 goals and before this season he had 2 for chelsea

cole was ruined when he joined chelsea first. Mourinho didnt let him cross the half-way line, hence the lack of goals and assists.
    This season the width comes from the full-backs with chelsea so he is let play his natural game, resulting in him getting more assists and goals. i think we'll see him brow back into this role this year.

johnson got a lot of goals and assists last year when he was played on the right wing for a period for pompey. and when he was full back, he was always encouraged to get forward.

• Advertisement

i think if you read the post again, you'll find he said without drogba they are only 75% as good, therefore drogba = 25%

I love the way you try and pick me up on everything i say, you'd think you fancied me or sumthing :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Also no chance of a strong ref.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Carra has never ever been this bad, there's no Alonso which has disrupted the team and I assume there are some questions over Masch's fitness. He'll play but not 100% but that's no surprise because his hearts not in it anyway. Also, you wing backs, not the best

His heart's not in it? And you know this for a fact?
    (awaits Boggle's inevitable arrival to set us all straight . . . )

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Generally worried about Sunday I must admit.

I´d like to see vs Chelsea :

Reina
    Johnson
    Carragher
    Skrtel
    Insua
    Mascherano
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Benayoun
    Riera
    Torres

Don't think Agger should be thrown into this one whatsoever despite getting 70mins in the reserves during the week. If it were a lesser team I'd play him.

Feel bad for Lucas, as he has been made the scapegoat yet again despite us having 10 very poor outfield players last Tuesday. But.. Gerrard in the middle for me for this game. Still Lucas will start mind you.

I'm horribly terrified at the thought of any set pieces in and around our box. Drogba loves playing vs L'pool, just imagine him vs Carragher and Skrtel in their current form Saying that, Torres loves playing vs Chelsea as well. I'd take a draw atm tbf.

His heart's not in it? And you know this for a fact?
    (awaits Boggle's inevitable arrival to set us all straight . . . )

Barca this, Barca that. He was trying to leave a team in decline for one in assendency. Now he is sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Liverpool to win 1-2 or 0-1 ...

100% ..

• Advertisement

If Lucas is playing against Chelsea's midfield there will be facial stabbings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

berengar wrote: »
    Liverpool to win 1-2 or 0-1 ...

100% ..

Not going to happen my friend, Drogba to tear Carragher apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

you and your stabbings ehh..

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

you and your stabbings ehh..

Has become a bit of a franchise at this stage Headshot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

drogba is clearly the favourite in the tussle with Carra; what with the form of both.

by God i hope he has the game of his life to show up all us doubters.

it's like a funeral procession in here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

This will be a draw of the bore variety, or won by a deflected/offside/own goal, delete as appropriate.

Two coaches too good tactically to have an exciting game...... deleted certain CL final from memory banks. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Barca this, Barca that. He was trying to leave a team in decline for one in assendency. Now he is sad

Bit of an exaggeration, no?

I cant wait for sunday

ill have me popcorn ready for this thread :D

with regards to the match, im hoping it will be a thriller with plenty of goals and dodgy decisions by the ref which would result in this thread going nuts

good times hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

never be able to play against a decent side away from home alright.....

hold on, he has done so! and against a better side than Chelsea!

ah but it'd be different against Chelsea......

oh! hold on! he even had a very good goalscoring performance at Chelsea away last season in the CL!

i'm not sure how he'll fare there if he does play on Sunday, but he has shown us in the past that he can be trusted on the big occassion against big sides away from home, so i won't be ****ting my pants if he starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

only1stevo wrote: »
    Not going to happen my friend, Drogba to tear Carragher apart.

I hope your right ..

Mr Alan wrote: »
    so i won't be ****ting my pants if he starts.

Is that a problem for you usually??
    Try Immodium instants and if that doesnt work consult your GP.

P.s Lucas is SH1T!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Loss for the pool but it'll be a 3-2 or 4-3 even. Can see us scoring a few alright but we'll conceed more I fear.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Bit of an exaggeration, no?

Well swapping Xabi Alonso for an injured and incosistent Aquilani who's not as good in the first place, doesn't speak the same language as Masch and comes from a league that players have a tough time adjusting to the Premiership.

Massive decline. Also, Carra has declined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Liverpool's forwards are just too good to be handled Chelsea.

FYP

P.S: Liverpools "terrible" centerbacks have conceded a whole of 4 more goals than Chelsea's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Thanks for the lol.

• Advertisement

Well swapping Xabi Alonso for an injured and incosistent Aquilani who's not as good in the first place, doesn't speak the same language as Masch and comes from a league that players have a tough time adjusting to the Premiership.

Massive decline. Also, Carra has declined

We're all of seven games into the season, where we are all of three points from the top of the table. I'm not saying that you are wrong, you could well ultimately be proved right. But that's the thing, it's way too early in the season for your opinion to be given any weight in the slightest.

CHD wrote: »
    Thanks for the lol.

So what.

Our defense has conceded 4 more than yours so they're much worse.

Our attack has scored 6 more than yours, but that means nothing?

Biased logic is the sign of a weak mind my friend

Our defense has conceded 6 more than yours so they're much worse.

Our attack has scored 5 more than yours, but that means nothing?.

FYP

They are shockingly bad. Even though Torres is probably marginally better than Drogba up front we have more options when you lash in Anelka and Lamps against Torres and Gerrard. Even if you take my bias away, it's a close call

Every one of Chelsea's back 4 would saunter into the Liverpool team. Alex would as well, probably Ivanovic. Johnson is a Chelsea reject, Carra is an England Reject, Insua is a Championship player and Skrtel and Agger :D not even sure which one is worse

So it begins....

FYP

They are shockingly bad. Even though Torres is probably marginally better than Drogba up front we have more options when you lash in Anelka and Lamps against Torres and Gerrard. Even if you take my bias away, it's a close call

Every one of Chelsea's back 4 would saunter into the Liverpool team. Alex would as well, probably Ivanovic. Johnson is a Chelsea reject, Carra is an England Reject, Insua is a Championship player and Skrtel and Agger :D not even sure which one is worse

:rolleyes:

I'm out.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So it begins....

Was just thinking the same thing..........

thread is full of win already :D

Headshot wrote: »
    thread is full of wind already :D

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

FYP

Theres a strong smell off this post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Liverpool to prove the doubters wrong. 1-3 to the good guy's.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Theres a strong smell off this post.

Smell of success?

Smell of success?

The smell of amnesia.

That 'reject' defence you spoke of, claimed 6 points out of 6 against chelsea last season in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

daithijjj wrote: »
    The smell of amnesia.

That 'reject' defence you spoke of, claimed 6 points out of 6 against chelsea last season in the league.

That's what I love about liverpool fans, always looking to the past. Is it 19 years now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is it 19 years now?

Less of that thanks

Let's try keep this civil please to save people from bans before the game even starts.

• Advertisement

That's what I love about liverpool fans, always looking to the past. Is it 19 years now?

Why are you deflecting from what i said about last season?

You said any of the chelsea back four would "saunter" into the liverpool backline. Thats partially true i suppose, they did plenty of sauntering against wigan in their last league game.

Do you think any Liverpool players would get into the Chelsea back 4? Honestly? Johnson would probable make the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool did for one Chelsea manager last season, can we make it two from two? I was listening to Tony "Irish International" Casscarino on Today FM just now. God, we need a win just to shut him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

I think LFC will get stuffed 3-0 or 4-1.

This will mark the beginning of a catastrophic set of results in October and November which will see Rafa out and a movement towards new owners and new management.

Hopefully we can then buy the level and depth of quality required for 2010/11.

has rafa said anything about masch being fit for Sunday ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement