Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Liverpool Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Do you think any Liverpool players would get into the Chelsea back 4? Honestly? Johnson would probable make the bench

I think johnson is a far better player than bosingwa. I said it before when he was at portsmouth and not just because hes at anfield now.

I think your assesment of insua (a championship player) is a bit ignorant. He is a very impressive young player whos had arguably his poorest performance for the club midweek. Hes been a revelation to most fans, is very young and is making the left back spot his own slowly but surely.

You praise the likes of alex and ivanovic who are streets behind agger imo.

So my back four would be johnson, carvalho, agger and cole at the moment. I dont rate john terry that highly, id see him on a par with skyrtel and miles behind a fit ledley king.

Thats just my opinion. Anyway, this is supposed to be a match thread, i dont really want to engage you further on this.

I think the game will be the same as usual, high octane, if liverpool can hold the midfield then it will be close, if not i think chelsea will take it by the odd goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Lets all be friends tomorrow in here and abuse each other on Sunday.

Say things like, ''oh you have a very good team, good luck tomorrow''

then Chelsea fans can say '' thank you very much, we wish you the best too, btw great team yous have despite the lack of depth''

Then '' Oh i know, you know our Rafa *chuckles* ''

Then '' Hardy har, oh you guys''

I should go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

CHD wrote: »

then Chelsea fans can say '' thank you very much, we wish you the best too, btw great team yous have despite the lack of depth''

I should go to bed.

Got a good laugh out of that. Don't see enough of it.:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I should go to bed.

I dunno, last time I trolled all the Liverpool guys and then did one of those, aw, you guys were the better team on the day etc. ones and got post of the day. Watch the formula repeat itself if we do lose

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I should go to bed.

We'll agree on that anyway :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I dunno, last time I trolled all the Liverpool guys and then did one of those, aw, you guys were the better team on the day etc. ones and got post of the day. Watch the formula repeat itself if we do lose
    We won't lose Bubs just wana be nice to our Liverpool fans we have here. Good hosts and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

FYP

They are shockingly bad. Even though Torres is probably marginally better than Drogba up front

'probably, 'marginally'. :pac:

Torres is a full league higher than Drogba my friend and i'm pretty sure you realise that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

1-1

or

3-1 chelsea

jamie to fall apart against drogba and chelsea's midfield will dominate
    'probably, 'marginally'. :pac:

Torres is a full league higher than Drogba my friend and i'm pretty sure you realise that too.

I would not say torres is a full league higher than drogba at all
    i think they're very close

Headshot wrote: »

I would not say torres is a full league higher than drogba at all
    i think they're very close

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Torres is by far the better footballer.

Btw ,i'm not dissing Drogba by any means, he's a superb player but Torres is one of those 'special' strikers that come around once in a while.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Torres is by far the better footballer.

of course you'll disagree but a neutral in this instance can see how close drogba is to Torres

but torres is only 25 so he still can get better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Reina
    Johnson -- Agger -- Skrtel -- Aurelio
    Masch
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Benayoun
    Riera
    Torres

If Carra starts - but I think he WILL - I fear he'll get slaughtered by Anelka and Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jesus, there is some amount of horse **** on this thread.

This is the first time that I remember Chelsea fans being quite so opinionated before this fixture. Says it all really.

of course you'll disagree but a neutral in this instance can see how close drogba is to Torres

but torres is only 25 so he still can get better

You're missing my point.

Torres is one of these players who it seems were born to score goals,he is a far more skillful player that Drogba could ever hope to be,i'd put Michael Owen in this bracket too but unfortunately his body wasn't up to it for a sustained period.

Drogba relys alot on his strength,of course there's nothing wrong with that but Torres doesn't have to, he has an abundance of natural ability that Drogba just doesn't have.

Of course i'm biased but i'm not stupid, just telling it like it is.

Saying 'of course you'll disagree' is quite frankly insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This is the first time that I remember Chelsea fans being quite so opinionated before this fixture. Says it all really

Must be a slow weekend for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

fky won't be answering any of your points for a while, I suggest the rest of you get back on-topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

This is the first time that I remember Chelsea fans being quite so opinionated before this fixture. Says it all really.

What's new?

Looking forward to the game on Sunday, I'm torn between who I want to win. I think Chelsea have the squad best capable of winning but Rafa has a habit of getting lucky results against Chelsea.

The Muppet wrote: »
    What's new?

Looking forward to the game on Sunday, I'm torn between who I want to win. I think Chelsea have the squad best capable of winning but Rafa has a habit of getting lucky results against Chelsea.

Good one there Muppet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I was going to pretend that I didn't notice it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

What's new?

TBH only an idiot would bite on that post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A lot has been said about Drogba vs Carragher but i'd fancy Torres vs Calvaliho + Terry any day of the week and twice on Sunday ;) 2-1 to the Pool

Bandit12 wrote: »
    TBH only an idiot would bite on that post.

Congrats, winner!

I should go to bed.

I lol'd

:D

I ****ing wish luck was habit.

Congrats, winner!
    Hardly biting is it :rolleyes:

Rolleyes: the getout clause for the keyboard warrior.

• Advertisement

Don't know what you are talking about, If you don't think it's lucky to be awarded penalties and have opponents wrongly sent off that's fine but I do. IMO Liverpool have had more than their fair share of luck in the recent Chelsea games.

Don't know what you are talking about, If you don't think it's lucky to be awarded penalties and have players wrongly sent off that's fine but I do. IMO Liverpool have had more than their fair share of luck in the recent Chelsea games.

There is no denying that Liverpool are a lucky team whereas Chelsea are a very unlucky team (see our last two Champion's League campaigns) but we have more class on the pitch than Liverpool so it more than balances out

Don't know what you are talking about, If you don't think it's lucky to be awarded penalties and have opponents wrongly sent off that's fine but I do. IMO Liverpool have had more than their fair share of luck in the recent Chelsea games.

What about the penalty decision Chelsea received at Anfield in the 07/08 season?

What about the ridiculous antics of Didier Drogba in last season's CL quarter final at Stamford Bridge?

What about Thiago getting away with a blatant hand ball in the box back in Rafa's first season? I'm sure you'll remember, it was the game were Carra gave Riley a bollocking at HT.

What about Lampard putting Alonso out for months?

I'm not having a go at Chelsea here, I'm having a go at your ridiculous suggestions that Liverpool are the only ones who receive luck in these fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm hoping to see a war with no winner. Bloody stalemate ftw.

Wait is this the penalty Chelsea right back Steve Finnan gave away against Liverpool flying winger Malouda?
    Oh wait I've mixed up the teams.

Oh you must be referring to the deflected goals Gerrard scores all the time in off the ref's nutsack,
    ****e I've done it again that's chelsea's Frank Lampard.

The Terrible tackles by Liverpools great midfielders Lamps, Essien and Ballack that were sent off?
    ****, how do I keep doing this? Again Chelsea players?

The brilliant hand Balls by our red rock in the Defense Carvalho?
    No way?! another Chelsea player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea are a low rent club with low rent players (not in talent, in attitude bar a couple)
    if any club has cheated, conived, spoofed and lucked thier way to victories over Liverpool its Chelsea. Even now I'm shocked to Robben is still alive as I'm sure Pepe Reina killed him stone dead in 2006. Drogba has been shot dead more times than Yossi has scored hat-tricks. Terry and Carvahlo have handled the ball in such clever and cunning ways they should do a master class.

There is no denying that Liverpool are a lucky team whereas Chelsea are a very unlucky team (see our last two Champion's League campaigns)

Trolling at its best/worst.

Perhaps mystic meg was right all along, first thing Sunday morning i'm off for a drive looking for a black cat.

There is no denying that Liverpool are a lucky team whereas Chelsea are a very unlucky team (see our last two Champion's League campaigns) but we have more class on the pitch than Liverpool so it more than balances out
    Lol.

jose_bosingwa_1251197c3.jpg
    TackleEssienITV_228x183.jpg
    6a00d83478053469e2010537104601970b-320wi
    090321215926-849-612.jpg
    article-0-0343B03B000005DC-35_468x262.jpg

Classy indeed.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm having a go at your ridiculous suggestions that Liverpool are the only ones who receive luck in these fixtures.

I didn't suggest Liverepool were the only ones to recieve Luck, I suggested they had more luck in these fixtures than Chelsea. Thats all IMO, no need for anyone to be throwing a hissy fit over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bet Xabi is glad not to be facing Chelski this year, unless it happens in the CL. Still Frank will no doubt be on best behavior. I'd forgotton about Bosingwa outrageous "tackle".

sorry I shouldn't be only showing one side of the argument there was this most heinous crime on malouda

MaloudaTumbleDM_468x376.jpg

mayordenis wrote: »
    jose_bosingwa_1251197c3.jpg
    TackleEssienITV_228x183.jpg
    6a00d83478053469e2010537104601970b-320wi
    090321215926-849-612.jpg
    article-0-0343B03B000005DC-35_468x262.jpg

Classy indeed.

What about those dives are classy. That nonsense is exactly what Bosingwa in the top photo is trying to stamp out of the game. Anyone when the going gets tough the tough get going

What about those dives are classy. That nonsense is exactly what Bosingwa in the top photo is trying to stamp out of the game

I would guess you have lost the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

mayordenis wrote: »
    I would guess you have lost the room.

It's cringeworthy or he's laughing his socks off or both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

To be honest, I'd be surprissed if this game isn't a 0-0.

Chelsea and Liverpool will both cram the midfield as Liverpool will want to protect the back 4 who are so "terrible" and Chelsea will have to deal with the most effective attack in the premiership for over a year and counting.

It's a game which could go eitherway, but here's what can be taken for granted.

If Chelsea win, queue all the talk of Liverpools season bing over (I mean it's been all over, according to certain media pundits and posters here, three times this season already, and one of those times was well before the season started).
      If Liverpool win it'll only be because Chelsea didn't play. As we all know Liverpool don't win games against top oposition, the opponents loose them.
      If Drogba dives for the whole game, or does so to win a costly penalty/free, fans who wear blue (and a certain shade of red) will come down with a rare temporary blindness followed by a delluge of posts about how Gerrard is a diver.
      If Gerrard makes a meal out of contact made on him to win a costly free/penalty and does the "starfish" the forum will implode with the outraged posts from those same fans.
      If Lucas plays a blinder, scores a hatrick, gets five assists, and manages to find a cure for cancer, aids, and solve the worldwide recession while doing so, he'll still be sh1t.
      No matter what the result, Ancelotti and Rafa will be civil and cordial to each other.
      Everyone in the Chelsea part of the crowd has a good chance of going home with a shinny new plastic flag.
      Babel will come off the bench
      If Liverpool loose, Ronnie Whelan will be all over the media.
      If Liverpool win, Ronnie Whelan will go into hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Johner wrote: »
    I hate these games, always a wreck watching them. Hopefully Joe Cole will start.

Line up like this maybe,

Hilario
    Bosser Ricky JT Ashley
    Micky Es
    Joey Malouds
    Lamps
    Nicky Double D

:D

3-1 Chelsea. :)

Can I suggest 'Hilarious' and 'Cashley'....not fair that 2 of the players aren't given nicknames.

To be honest, I'd be surprissed if this game isn't a 0-0.

Chelsea and Liverpool will both cram the midfield as Liverpool will want to protect the back 4 who are so "terrible" and Chelsea will have to deal with the most effective attack in the premiership for over a year and counting.

It's a game which could go eitherway, but here's what can be taken for granted.

If Drogba dives for the whole game, or does so to win a costly penalty/free, fans who wear blue (and a certain shade of red) will come down with a rare temporary blindness followed by a delluge of posts about how Gerrard is a diver.
      If Gerrard makes a meal out of contact made on him to win a costly free/penalty and does the "starfish" the forum will implode with the outraged posts from those same fans.

sorry here but i like the way you say drogba dives and then say gerrard makes a meal of a tackle

found that funny

sorry here but i like the way you say drogba dives and then say gerrard makes a meal of a tackle

found that funny

Find me videos of Gerrard going down for Liverpool with no contact.
    I'll gladly change the post.

Don't get me wrong, I hate diving, and honestly believe that any player who throws his hands in the air when going down should get a yellow card on the spot.
    If you're genuinely falling, your hands odown to protect yourself, not up like you're trying to start the YMCA!

I cringe inwardly and curse outwardly when Gerrard goes down like that.

But I think to compare the dives of Gerrard and Rooney to those of Drogba and Ronaldo for instance is ridiculous.

Gerrard and Rooney look to play the ball.
    If contact is made, the exagerate and take advantage of it.

Ronaldo and Drogba look for the foul.
    Quiet often their plan is to go down before they even get the ball, and both have gone down before with no contact at all made.

It's different to look for a foul, and to take advantage of the foul.
    both are rong, but diffeent degrees of wrong.

P.S: I used those 4 players as they're the ones that get bandied about the most here.

P.P.S: The post was obviously also made tounge in cheek with a broad Liverpool bias.;)

Don't get me wrong, I hate diving, and honestly believe that any player who throws his hands in the air when going down should get a yellow card on the spot.
    If you're genuinely falling, your hands odown to protect yourself, not up like you're trying to start the YMCA!

But I think to compare the dives of Gerrard and Rooney to those of Drogba and Ronaldo for instance is ridiculous.

Quiet often their plan is to go down before they even get the ball, and both have gone down before with no contact at all made.

P.S: I used those 4 players as they're the ones that get bandied about the most here.

P.P.S: The post was obviously also made tounge in cheek with a broad Liverpool bias.;)

fair enough Karmafaerie

I did find a video of Gerrard diving against chelsea but he's no where near drogba's level, fair enough

so ill let it go this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

i must say that kick in the back by bosingwa was an absolute disgrace. i forgot about that

No words to describe this post.
    gerrard is one of the biggest divers in the premier league.

"oh, he makes the most of contact" Yes, he seeks out contact by leaving a trailing leg or going down after the gentlest touch.
    sorry but no. Just look at you tube for an embarrassing number of dives from super stevie G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JPA wrote: »
    No words to describe this post.
    gerrard is one of the biggest divers in the premier league.

"oh, he makes the most of contact" Yes, he seeks out contact by leaving a trailing leg or going down after the gentlest touch.
    sorry but no. Just look at you tube for an embarrassing number of dives from super stevie G.

When it comes to diving

Gerrard < Drogba

Simples.

• Advertisement

When it comes to diving

Gerrard < Drogba

Simples.

2 divers though.
    I don't think there's degrees of diving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement