Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting problem

Options
  • 02-10-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

really being jerked around in my rental house
    first of all When i moved in the place was a kip
    the landlord doesn't live in the house, but one of the tenants runs the house for him and takes rent etc.

this guy has not cleaned the house in what looks like 2 years.
    He said he would be getting a cleaner in to clean up
    I've been here 2 months and still no cleaner and a new tenant has joined since.
    She is getting annoyed too because both of us has cleaned the house from top to bottom and he and his partner just messes it up again!

I've never seen a rent book, and seriously i cannot descirbe how bad the dirt was, there was mould in the bath, mould in the microwave, mold in the mop bucket, old bags of rubbish in the back, garden overgrown

and just the other day i found a hole in my floor in my room!
    what can i do? I haver a place to move out next week, and I dont want to give my one months notice, but then i wont get my deposit back

is there anywhere i can report him? just for the sake of the other tenant as her english isn't very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you raised these issues with the landlord directly?

Also did you not look at the house before you moved in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

the landlord doesnt live in ireland, and only the guy who runs the house has his number

Yeah I looked at the house, checked the normal things, it looked like a good wipe down would clean it but the real dirt and mould I only saw after a few days, and they said they were getting a maid in to clean the place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

another case of somebody not bothiering to view properly the hoel in the floor i can excuse if its covere din carpet, but mould in the bath and microwave, your tyring to tell me you didnt see this when you viewed ??

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. If you dont bother to view properly you have no right to complain. give your notie move on and learn from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Are you witholding 20% of your rent to pay to Revenue? If your landlord is non-resident a tenant is supposed to pay 20% direct to Revenue for tax. Might be useful to use this to scare the other tenant/landlord into coming to an arrangement.

Advertisement