Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6600 flip phone

• 02-10-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I really want to get a Nokia flip phone and I've been looking online and really like the look of the 6600 fold. But i just want to check something before I buy it and hopefully someone here will have the answer - when someone rings you does their name flash up on the external screen without you having to tap the display? I have a samsung flip phone at the moment which I like but the one thing that drives me crazy about it is that incoming calls do not display on the external screen, you have to open the phone to see who is ringing you. Want to make sure that if I buy a new phone I don't end up with the same problem.

Other than that does anyone have any recommendations in relation to a nokia flip phone? I'm on Meteor which don't have any in their range so will have to buy a sim free phone. Don't need anything too technical on it (apart from bluetooth). Don't use my phone for photos or music so basically just use it for calls and texts - pretty basic needs!

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Any nokia flip ive had(which is 2) displayed the name/number/unknown on the external screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The Nokia 6600 Fold displays the caller ID of incoming calls according to a user on GSMArena; the question asked was "How do I actually set up the caller ID thing so i can see whos calling when the fone is closed??" and below is the response.
    GSMArena wrote:
    I do not think this thing has to do with settings.the caller ID just appears on the external screen, you cannot choose to make it appear or not, as I know so far.But maybe you should see if the software is updated or not and check that from nokia.com, cuz mine is updated and the caller ID is displayed when the flip is closed so I know who is calling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Any Irish Networks doing this phone? Looking to get one as a gift hopefully.. cheers,

Advertisement