Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry for the sack?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post/

It was too good to be true.... :(

Looks like there's truth in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd imagine it's complete bullsh1t. Bookies odds are based on rumours as much as anything and I don't see where this has come from. If he was under investigation for dodgy dealings we'd have heard about it by now.

It's probably a rumour planted by Gary Megson or someone else involved with Bolton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

has to be bullsh1t, if not i am definitely giving up this time!!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Senator Clay Davis sums it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

We've a bit of a leaky backroom, and there's rarely smoke without fire. Could an "Asian betting syndicate" really manipulate odds across all the major bookies in this way, and still profit from it? Or is that just wishful thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=682031&sec=england&cc=5739

False alarm, it seems! Harry's put the rumours to bed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

markesmith wrote: »
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=682031&sec=england&cc=5739

False alarm, it seems! Harry's put the rumours to bed. :rolleyes:

That article is from the future....look at the date on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Strange rumours lads. No smoke without fire, anyone got any idea what its about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Don't like what I'm hearing. No smoke without fire and all that. And just when things seemed to be moving in the right direction for the first time in years......FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Harry said it was a load of nonesense,that's good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I reckon (and hope) it's just a slow news day with tabloids making up stuff as usual.

I mean, on what basis would you sack him ? A loss to Manchester United and Chelsea ?

Apart from those two, he's doing just fine this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    Harry said it was a load of nonesense,that's good enough for me.

What is it that people tend to say about Harry, whatever he says, you can assume that the opposite is the truth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Either a slow news day or some attempt to trying a boost the odd's on a more likely candidate

Either way, the story itself is bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'd say surely if there is any truth to this it can't be to do results/form. I think that will be the end of football for me if this happens, i was prob his largest objecter on this fourm when his name was first mentioned and i have come to love the man as i would a drunk uncle at a wedding. I really hope if lies there will be no damage done in the spurs camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Deal is as follows. Syndicate manipulate odds downwards fast. Easy and not costly to do. Tabloids and SSN then try to join the dots ( Portsmouth takeover, Inland investigation grassy knoll) Joe p[unter gets in on the act, odds plummet further, and syndicate now lay off on spread, making a surefire fortune.
    There is only one potential problem with this system, and that's if the story feeds on it's own momentum and unsettles a wobbly board.
    Tottenham was a great place to locate such a story
    1 We have sacked managers in oct 08 and 07 - not likely to go this path again.
    2 Harry is a good fit for where our club is
    3 portsmouth a third time ?- grassy knoll.

Advertisement