Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuclear Assault - Handle with Care

• 02-10-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Loved this album when it came out. Always was a big NA fan ( Game over and Survive were decent records) but when this hit the streets to me it was one of the greatest thrash albums of the golden era of thrash (late 80s - 1992). Well able to hold it's own with most of the majors (and better than many of the so called big 4's records) at the time.
    Lilker was a collosus on the bass and subsequently went on to form the excellent Brutal Truth.
    John Connelly for a small man was well able to belt it out in a high pitched frenzy. Really there wasn't a bad song on this album. "Critical Mass" with it's "Another oil spill" chorus was almost a pop tune it was so catchy. "New Song" - a devastating opener, "When Freedom Dies" , "Search and Seizure" all super songs. Also the hardcore/grindcore bursts of "Mothers Day" reminiscent of "Hang the pope" from Game Over lightened the mood considerably.
    Nuclear Assault went off the boil after this album and eventually broke up. They should never be forgotten in the pantheon of thrash metal.
    Review http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:rz6jtr59kl1x[url]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handle_With_Care_(Nuclear_Assault_album[/url])

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Yep!! Nuclear Assault one of the all time Great Trash Bands, Great riffs and Amazing Vocals and in my opinion would wipe the floor with the so called 'great 4'..... NA and Early Onslaught Are some of the best Trash I have ever Heard:D

Advertisement