Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa 10 Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its great craic alright, we have a good sized team now, obviously more people joining is better for the team.

Hopefully we can get a team of all 10 user controlled players soon. Maybe set up a night for this? Have 2 teams playing simultaneously :pac:

Got a few more requests to join the club.

Just want to make sure the following are members of boards before adding them.

Gamertags:

Fishtoe IOW
    BMF Irish Ace
    x19GAZZAx88x
    Unitedforever89

Reply here if any of these gamertags are yours.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'll join up to it when I get onto the box this evening. Sounds cool enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Leveled up my guy a good bit last night. He has five star skills moves now. expect some dancing feet down the wing with Hunter shortly :D I'll be online after the Aston villa v City game is over probably. might pop on at half time too.

Ill be on from 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Sign me up

This is seriously good fun.

Just off a few games there, played 4 won 4. Scored in every game :D One of them was real nice haha. The 5* skill moves do come in handy:p

Cant encourage this game mode enough. The more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

sry lads my connection just dropped. going to have to get onto eircom about it, its been happening a bit over the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Played one game with the lads. Was CB but I think I need to improve my pro a bit more before playing again. My cardio and acceleration and marking skills have all improved and I now have brand spanking new long sleeves. :)

I'll probably have a few games with whoever's on tonight from about 7.

Excellent idea and good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yeah, last night was great fun alright. We need to get a few CB's into the squad! :) See ye online tonight, any idea what time people will be on?

• Advertisement

I find that with the size of our squad its very easy to find 5 or 6 people to play from 7 onwards.

Would LOVE to get a team of 10 though, bound to happen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I havent even tried it out yet, but if my internet connection holds up I'd be on for a game soon enough. I'll search you's out later and join.
    GT : The14thLetter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Cool, see ye online tonight again so.

By the way, here's a link to the club page if anyone is interested - Boards.ie Fifa Club.

I missed some sitters last night lads :D

Think Ill have to drop back into midfield and give someone else a go up front tonight.

Anyone know if goals and assists and all are still counted if the team your playing against quits out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Will be on tonight for some more games. Really enjoying be a pro. Playing it way more than head to head. Probably had 5 head to head games so far

I missed some sitters last night lads :D

Think Ill have to drop back into midfield and give someone else a go up front tonight.

Anyone know if goals and assists and all are still counted if the team your playing against quits out??

They do.

I scored 6 in the 4 games i was on for last night, 3 of them came in 2 games we were quit on, and i checked after and we had the win and i had my goals :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Updated list of people who have sent requests to join.

Fishtoe IOW
    BMF Irish Ace
    x19GAZZAx88x
    Unitedforever89
    Williamgleeson
    mroddis
    ii mysterion Xx
    benyslaw

Please lads leave a message on here how I know your on boards.

Ill be on from around 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

wree playing well but we need more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ill join, i havent touched Be a Pro yet but this could be the excuse I need.

apologies for the poor displays today, chaps, been struggling with the game all day, cant seem to master it at all lately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

you need to pass it more tbh.. youre doing too much, keep it simple.

Not gonna argue with ya there. Maybe today was just a bad day. I also need to work on my VP's stats, make em stronger and faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Arciphel wrote: »
    Cool, see ye online tonight again so.

By the way, here's a link to the club page if anyone is interested - Boards.ie Fifa Club.

Best defender with an average rating of 2.0. Aw yeah.

been leveling up my guy with all our club games we have been playing. He is still really slow, but his Strength, Balance, Dribbling, Long shots, Power, Long passing, Short passing and Curce are all around 90 so im getting there. :)

Been trying stuff out against the AI too. Look at this nifty goal I scored against Bray wanderers :p
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/10603544

I dont play with this camera angle btw...I use tele cam. its just the camera angle the replay saved in.

I cant play in Tele cam when controlling 1 player. I hate the idea of not being able to see my player when the action is at the other end. Plus im used to Pro camera.

It usually pans. You only lose track of your pro completely, if its at the complete opposite of the pitch....for example, you are a defender at the edge of your own box....and the ball is in the opposition box.

But I rarely lose sight of my pro with telecam. But then, I have my telecam zoomed a good bit out so that could be why. It's alot easier to play well with tele by the way. The pro camera angle is nice for dribbling, but you don't have a good field of view......and passes longer than 20 yards become hard to make. I like spraying 50 yard passes around :p and you cant really do that consistently with pro cam.

If your useing the tele camera when playing be a pro you can press the back button to switch the camera from focusing on your player to focusing on the ball and vice verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ill join when I get in from work
    GT: Seany834

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Im just adding myself now.

GT: Screw2loose

• Advertisement

I think to make things fairer.

When theirs a good few people online we should trade around positions every few matches. It seemed to be Yip and seanog up front for nearly every match last night. I'm sure others would like to get a chance up there. I'm sure you lads were scoring goals but I think this is fair rather then just racing down on the positions screen and picking striker.

And don't say I cant play other positions cause my player is a winger/striker etc because my CAM player played right back last night and I got a 9 rating after the match :D

I don't know how people feel about this but I think its a good idea and will give people opportunities to play different positions.

Just one more thing.

If your playing up front and the computer is playing as any don't keep calling for the ball when the computer has it in defence because they'll just keep hoofing the ball up the pitch. I'm not saying don't ever call for it but only call for it when theirs something on.

2 things that I think will improve the club :D

Advertisement