Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa 10 Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Footwork actually folded today. Atleast we got our win in before it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Kirby wrote: »
    Footwork actually folded today. Atleast we got our win in before it happened.

Wow i guess those defeats hurt them more then we thought ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

clubs 2nite lads.after england gme

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

up to 152 world ranking.. 10 points frmo division 3.

31 game unbeaten streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Rickard wrote: »
    up to 152 world ranking.. 10 points frmo division 3.

31 game unbeaten streak.

Rumblebizzle i presume...top 100 when im back on monday...BOOM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

clubs at half 9 boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Story with half of focking Finland and god knows where else joining our club? Bit ridic. People are kind of sucking the fun out of clubs and taking it far too seriously. We're here to have fun. Choo Choo

"Boards Ireland in name only"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Lamposts wrote: »
    Story with half of focking Finland and god knows where else joining our club? Bit ridic. People are kind of sucking the fun out of clubs and taking it far too seriously. We're here to have fun. Choo Choo

"Boards Ireland in name only"

Exactly my sentiments. This is an Irish team, and all of a sudden there are these people, or self proclaimed experts, that are telling us how to play the game? Because it is game after all. Too worried about points, fair enough that you're doing well, but I think there should be time to have a laugh too.

Seperate club perhaps?

Yeah, it's all about the points now. You make one bad pass and you get a lecture from some knob that's been with the club for a week. There is another club set up. Boards U21's. A few of the lads might join that club. A good portion of our current team aren't exactly happy with all these new players either. I don't particularly like playing with these new people irregardless of how good they are or what clubs they've played for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If yer not happy with them cant ye just kick them from the club?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's all about the points now. You make one bad pass and you get a lecture from some knob that's been with the club for a week. There is another club set up. Boards U21's. A few of the lads might join that club. A good portion of our current team aren't exactly happy with all these new players either. I don't particularly like playing with these new people irregardless of how good they are or what clubs they've played for.

Speak to me like a man in that case. Not in some sly third person way. If you're gonna call me a knob do it to my face. I have never insulted anyone in any way or form so thats a bit low.

I was invited by your CM to help boost your club and give suggestions. We are now on a 52 winning streak and 115 in world rankings. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I definitely agree its a good idea you go play for U21 with the other lads then. It's up to YAPA, HOKEM Para etc..

I get fun out of playing seriously, winning matches and not losing. There's no right way or wrong way.
    Personally I think that, it sucks to lose though

n btw I have a boards.ie account registered to 2002.... so im not just from god knows where place..

His name is PARAWIND. Is he not worthy of a caps lock from you? Who said I was calling you a knob? I was just generalizing. However I do think you're a knobhead. I think maybe it's a great idea that you and all your knobhead friends leave the club or else go to the U21's.

Your pal,
    Lamps

p.s I'm not really your pal because I think you're a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I shall be discussing the current issues within the club with Yapa tommorrow and we will sort things out. Its clear to me that there has become a divide in the club currently and this must be resolved. It does appear that success is a double edged sword and that it may have gone to certain peoples heads.

His name is PARAWIND. Is he not worthy of a caps lock from you? Who said I was calling you a knob? I was just generalizing. However I do think you're a knobhead. I think maybe it's a great idea that you and all your knobhead friends leave the club or else go to the U21's.

Your pal,
    Lamps

p.s I'm not really your pal because I think you're a twat.

It's quite obvious. Now you're just acting childish I've never attacked you at a personal level yet you're having a go. You're being quite immature and can't take any constructive criticism... although I have barely been speaking to you other than saying encouraging things. Yet I get this ****ing load of ****e.

No, it wasn't Parawind who invited me. It was Yapa. What the fk do those intricacies have to do with it anyhow. It's the fact that matters. The only player I brought with me is Weez, and we were having fun just now talking casually while battering 6600 pts teams (****in helll even bud was in good spirits).. He scored 46 in 11 matches and I think it's FUN that he makes a perfect run to pass for dribbles through a defence of 7 and scores.

We have different views on what fun is. If you play well and you're cruising to wins you can talk and banter.. if you don't, losing matches and then people start getting frustrated- How is that any fun whatsoever? Maybe it is to you. I joke around as much as anyone else but if we're playing against a good team then I think we should have our gameface on and step up to the challenge.

..and isn't a good message to send out from the Irish that we are ranked 4th in the British Isles league?

Bud needs to stop taking the piss in our games.

It's quite obvious.

No, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

The club is supposed to represent "Boards" and there is nothing wrong with having people from these forums or Irish people playing but look at the first few matches last night. Nearly half of the players had no connections to Boards and also took up some of the main positions leaving the less desirable ones to the regulars. Some were being told what to do the whole time as if the game was a matter of life and death.

"Weez" for example yeah he is a good player but he spends half the time spamming the EA forums looking for clubs to play with, what happens then if some of these players decide to leave? They could easily do as they have no connection with the club.

Some of us can say they have fun by winning but there is taking competitive to the extreme. There is very little banter now during the games compared to before.

We need to realise that this is "simulation" not the real thing, we don't get any prize at the end of the day, it's supposed to be fun. It is nice to be high in the rankings but it is also nice to play with a team where you know everyone and have the craic at the same time and do as well as you can with that group of players. Read back through the very start of this thread or even 10 pages ago and see how things have changed.

If football matters to you then go train with a team and play at the weekend where winning means something or take up gaming professionally

We play Fifa as we enjoy football, we are not professional gamers, we are casual gamers who play it socially with mates whether it be in person or over Live.

here's a quote I found which I think sums up the feelings of a few :)

The medals don't mean anything and the glory doesn't last. It's all about happiness. The rewards are going to come, but my happiness is just loving the sport and having fun performing.

my 2 cents..............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Town Man wrote: »
    The club is supposed to represent "Boards" and there is nothing wrong with having people from these forums or Irish people playing but look at the first few matches last night. Nearly half of the players had no connections to Boards and also took up some of the man positions leaving the less desirable ones to the regulars. Some were being told what to do the whole time as if the game was a matter of life and death.

"Weez" for example yeah he is a good player but he spends half the time spamming the EA forums looking for clubs to play with, what happens then if some of these players decide to leave? They could easily do as they have no connection with the club.

Some of us can say they have fun by winning but there is taking competitive to the extreme. There is very little banter now during the games compared to before.

We need to realise that this is "simulation" not the real thing, we don't get any prize at the end of the day, it's supposed to be fun. It is nice to be high in the rankings but it is also nice to play with a team where you know everyone and have the craic at the same time and do as well as you can with that group of players. Read back through the very start of this thread or even 10 pages ago and see how things have changed.

If football matters to you then go train with a team and play at the weekend where winning means something or take up gaming professionally

We play Fifa as we enjoy football, we are not professional gamers, we are casual gamers who play it socially with mates whether it be in person or over Live.

The medals don't mean anything and the glory doesn't last. It's all about happiness. The rewards are going to come, but my happiness is just loving the sport and having fun performing.

my 2 cents..............

This.

And if you're going to play the whole points/goal scoring game, it was me, lamps, cashelman, mark, allhailtheirish (when he wasnt getting sent off :P ) and a whole bunch of others that helped get the club to the level that we are in right now. You wouldn't be this high if not for us.

Most of the top clubs have a certain criteria to join their club, and I just think we should keep it to boards and irish players. It's not fun anymore tbh.

miralize wrote: »
    This.

And if you're going to play the whole points/goal scoring game, it was me, lamps, cashelman, mark, allhailtheirish (when he wasnt getting sent off :P ) and a whole bunch of others that helped get the club to the level that we are in right now. You wouldn't be this high if not for us.

Most of the top clubs have a certain criteria to join their club, and I just think we should keep it to boards and irish players. It's not fun anymore tbh.

Woah Seanie baby, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We don't want to give allhailtheirish any ideas of coming back. ;) Spot on about that though. So many players have stopped playing because of it. Moose, Gregg, Soby and our very own GME.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lamposts banned for a week for personal abuse.

You were all warned about this before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055628423

• Advertisement

So many players have stopped playing because of it. Moose, Gregg, Soby and our very own GME.

GME left months ago....before any of the current crop joined. So did Soby. And moose came on last night. And greg two nights ago. I understand what you are saying lamps and i don't disagree with what you are saying. But you have to discuss the facts.

There are those of us we are annoyed at the seriousness of the direction the club has taken. And there are those of us who are annoyed at losing games to poor teams because people are taking shots from the half way line, running into people, and not getting any better. There are several people doing this btw so I amn't picking on anyone inparticular.

Both sets of people can be accomdated and there is no need for the aggro we have between a couple of people at the moment.

This issue came up a few weeks back and we decided to create a mess-about club. Calling it the "under 21's" was a mistake in my opinion as it implies something that it isn't. We should have called it Boards Ireland practice or mess about or something.

The people who just want to have a laugh can play in one, and those who want to take things seriously can play in the other. This way you don't annoy the people trying to have a laugh, and you don't annoy the people who want to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kirby wrote: »
    GME left months ago....before any of the current crop joined. So did Soby. And moose came on last night. And greg two nights ago. I understand what you are saying lamps and i don't disagree with what you are saying. But you have to discuss the facts.

There are those of us we are annoyed at the seriousness of the direction the club has taken. And there are those of us who are annoyed at losing games to poor teams because people are taking shots from the half way line, running into people, and not getting any better. There are several people doing this btw so I amn't picking on anyone inparticular.

Both sets of people can be accomdated and there is no need for the aggro we have between a couple of people at the moment.

This issue came up a few weeks back and we decided to create a mess-about club. Calling it the "under 21's" was a mistake in my opinion as it implies something that it isn't. We should have called it Boards Ireland practice or mess about or something.

The people who just want to have a laugh can play in one, and those who want to take things seriously can play in the other. This way you don't annoy the people trying to have a laugh, and you don't annoy the people who want to win.

good post Kirby and I dont mind the organisation and personal improvement, what you didnt see Kirby and you werent on last night, bud was the only member of boards playing for Boards Ireland. The rest were only mercenaries playing for us because we are doing well. these guys will prob leave when we lose a game or when the new season starts again.

Lamposts was telling me that my brother joined the team with my player while I was away.

I gave him a loan of my xbox while I was away but told him not to play fifa online.

Sorry about that.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    good post Kirby and I dont mind the organisation and personal improvement, what you didnt see Kirby and you werent on last night, bud was the only member of boards playing for Boards Ireland. The rest were only mercenaries playing for us because we are doing well. these guys will prob leave when we lose a game or when the new season starts again.

This is complete misinformation.

Me, Bud, Mark and weez played a stretch of 11 winning games there vs some very high ranked teams. That's 3 boards members and 1 who's not from boards as far as I know..

When I joined Boards Ireland I had a lot of offers from division 1 teams to join. I chose Boards because I have lived in Ireland for almost a decade on and off. I have been visiting boards since 2002. My old account was registered in 2002. Most of the early PC gaming scene here will know me.
    There's no need to treat me like I'm some johnny foreigner/johnny come lately because I've been around the gaming scene in ireland probably longer than most of you.

I didn't join boards because it was doing well, it was average in comparison to my other options. I joined because I live in Ireand and YAPA sent me the most cogent offer, so I disregarded the other options. (div1/div2 teams)

Now there was the 2x 10 man matches which I don't agree with. Should never have played. I didn't bring in any of these players and I don't know any of them so don't peg it on me. I didn't know what was going on or who anyone was.
    Town Man wrote: »

my 2 cents..............

As I've said.. the reward is not in the points or that ****, it's just an interesting byproduct..

a byproduct of winning, and to me winning is fun. If you don't have a winning mentality then you're obviously a very different person.
    but its just not winning by any means... I don't do crossbar glitching of freekick glitching, that's not fun.. but winning playing a great and beautiful game. It's fun to watch, as much fun to watch Barca when they're on their game.

Why on earth do you think I play fifa? To get points?

your quote semi-contradicts what you just said as well... Fun performing, I'm certain this is in reference to performance (GOOD). THere's no fun in performing poorly. Well, I suppose there is to some but then they should no longer be playing for a team that's ranked 4th in the british isles. That gets invites to play against other top teams in exciting matches where 1 simple mistake loses the game.. and losing is NOT FUN.. do you see my point here?

1st of all people need to realize that I'm not some merc... YAPA wrote a long message to me and I wasn't even aware that boards had a club team until he did. I have played with weez temping&permanent at different clubs. the reason he spams EA is because he plays late nights and there aren't many teams that stay up late to play. We did yesterday for instance so he's very interested in playing. If we should have 1 non boards player then why not the guy who's 53rd on striker leaderboards?

Yes, I have played for a lot of high ranked teams and know the ins and outs of playing clubs. I know the ins and outs of what makes clubs FUN to play AT A HIGH LEVEL, which boards ireland team has now reached.
    Yes there were some players who got you up to division 4-5 or whatever (I've seen teams get up there in a few weeks of play).. but now we're a high level team.

You can't call me a temporary merc either because I've been on every night playing in a lot of matches.. Helping out and obviously staying on permanently. I get along fine with a lot of people in the club, especially bud! How many of you can get along with that kid?!

I'm sorry the team "outgrew" the people who are upset but I think the managers have the same outlook in ENJOYMENT AND FUN THROUGH BEING COMPETITIVE. THE REWARD OF VICTORY BY EARNING IT THROUGH GOOD PLAY.

The ones who share the different mentality of just playing for fun (which I am too, but in a different way).. then go start a team that's not gonna be competing high up the ladder. Maybe not the u21's although, how some of you have reacted it suggests to me that you are in fact U21. You could call it Boards ireland PURE IRISH 100% for all I care.. afterall, I'm just a johnny foreigner..

Lamposts was telling me that my brother joined the team with my player while I was away.

I gave him a loan of my xbox while I was away but told him not to play fifa online.

Sorry about that.

No problem. The lads were all saying "man, GME is mad rusty" and I was like "It's not him. GME was way better than this." It was fairly obvious it wasn't you. Though it was funny that he was pretending for about 30 mins :p
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

We are not points orientated. The number of points a club have is representitive of how good a team is (in general) so when we play teams in the high 6 or 7'000's we can be sure that it will be closer to our skill level. The majority of players are good and can play but there is a skill divide in the team that results in both parties getting frustrated with each other and because the goals of both parties are different and are beyond resolve as you cant make someone change their competitive orientation (nor would I ask someone to).

I for one have never enjoyed a game more than the footwork game and yes its a competitive environment because im sure that noone wants to lose any game. I didnt have any idea about these so called mercenaries in the club as I was away and couldnt address the issue until now. I dont know who accepted them in so ill have to sort that out later. If we hadnt changed the organisation and positions we would still be somewhere on 5000 points tbh and thats with people playing where they want and doing what they want. Its a not a coincidence that we play better when certain players play certain positions. There are the positions that you want to play then there are the positions that help the team more.

It is only a video game and it is not a job where we are getting paid but at the same time I for one would prefer to win than lose. Its akin to the Irish mentality where people would prefer to lose having a bit of craic than to actually be organised and try. GME left a few months ago and if he came back he would walk back into the team without a doubt but that was his decision and he preferred the casual game in a laid back environment. As hokem said there is now an option for anyone that wants to play in a less 'competitive' environment. Its not enjoyable for both the lads who want to win and the lads who are there for fun. Both parties are getting frustrated. Boards is about Irish players and it was and we had the odd person and in fairness ive only asked 3 players into the club and ive only asked 2 to actually join and one of them is Rumble. We have not inundated the squad with players and these lads want to win. Ive done my best to get people involved and after some weeks where ive organised 10 v 10 matches and only 6 players out of 15 have turned up I realized that casual personalities will only be on periodically. This situation was bound to crop up before fifa 11 and was always going to result in a division between two sides OR we could do the very irish thing of simmering in anamosity as both sides refuse that there is a problem. There are avenues open to both sides and we should discuss it over Live like adults and try to resolve the situation (luckily im trained in conflict resolution :))

I'm also trained in conflict resultion, just by completely different means :)

Lets just say I've broken my hands twice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

your quote semi-contradicts what you just said as well... Fun performing, I'm certain this is in reference to performance (GOOD)- performing as best you can. THere's no fun in performing poorly. Obviously, don't take a rocket scientist to work that out

then they should no longer be playing for a team that's ranked 4th in the british isles. (not your call i'm afraid) That gets invites to play against other top teams in exciting matches where 1 simple mistake loses the game.. and losing is NOT FUN.. do you see my point here?

I have played with weez temping&permanent at different clubs. the reason he spams EA is because he plays late nights and there aren't many teams that stay up late to play. go through his past posts on EA forums and see how many different teams he has asked to play with and how many threads he starts about his "stats"

Yes, I have played for a lot of high ranked teams and know the ins and outs of playing clubs. I know the ins and outs of what makes clubs FUN to play AT A HIGH LEVEL, which boards ireland team has now reached.
    Yes there were some players who got you up to division 4-5 or whatever (I've seen teams get up there in a few weeks of play)... but now we're a high level team. (we were on our way to becoming that anyway with the players we have)

You can't call me a temporary merc either because I've been on every night playing in a lot of matches.(when did i say this?). Helping out and obviously staying on permanently. I get along fine with a lot of people in the club, especially bud! How many of you can get along with that kid?!( all of us)

I'm sorry the team "outgrew" the people who are upset but I think the managers have the same outlook in ENJOYMENT AND FUN THROUGH BEING COMPETITIVE. THE REWARD OF VICTORY BY EARNING IT THROUGH GOOD PLAY. (hopefully it hasn't outgrown me as I think I have something to offer)

The ones who share the different mentality of just playing for fun (which I am too, but in a different way)??????.. then go start a team that's not gonna be competing high up the ladder. Maybe not the u21's although, how some of you have reacted it suggests to me that you are in fact U21 You could call it Boards ireland PURE IRISH 100% for all I care.. afterall, I'm just a johnny foreigner..

Rumble nobody has a problem with Boards people playing (which you are) on the Boards team, I played CDM after a while the other night (the night Yapa was gone) which I like but for some people I can see why they are annoyed:

1- there were 4 people playing not from boards who leave the club and come back when it seems to suits who get the positions they want

2- there was no organisation, nobody told players where to play except the new lads as mentioned in (1) , I would play left back if asked but everyone was left to fend for themselves and there was no communication in terms of who went where

3- if a person makes a mistake I think they know they went wrong, they don't need to always be told about where a pass should go, Fifa has funny AI at times

4- any Tom, Dick or Harry without a club seemed to come and join as they knew others already here

5- Boards members have got the team to a high level, we are only around 300-350 points better off then where we were once before and Boards members are quite capable of getting us even higher, we don't need outsiders e.g. we have Yapa, yourself, Moose, Bud and probably Hokem who can play upfront

6 - it should be down to the club managers to recruit new players, nobody else not even you...

7 - I hope this can be resolved, I love playing clubs and I love playing clubs with Boards Ireland who have the players to keep us at a high level and to go even higher,

do we really need all these other players not from boards?? :)

The problem itself was unattainable and was unfair on both parties to be asked to stay in their current situation. I spoke to all the 'mercenaries' and they have left the club for new pastures and a more competitive environment. I didnt issue them an ultimatum but merely explained the current situation and what the outcome would be and they were left with the decision to stay or leave. I dont think I did the wrong thing in bringing in Rumble and Javier. The other lads are real good players but the way they were introduced into the team while I was away from less than amiable. Both parties were left frustrated by the ordeal so I guess things are going to revert back to how they used to be and the casual community club returns tonight. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

HI!

Advertisement