Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa 10 Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Everyone be on for 10:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The other thing is I don't think it's fair expecting Parawind to play as "Any" every match - no matter how good he is and how may times he pulls our fat out of the fire at the last minute! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I agree about the rotation with positions. It makes things fairer. And the Any rotation too. People want to play their pro's too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Arciphel wrote: »
    The other thing is I don't think it's fair expecting Parawind to play as "Any" every match - no matter how good he is and how may times he pulls our fat out of the fire at the last minute! ;)

Thanks for that and for taking over the any for a few games last night, i wasn't on for long but it was nice to get a few games with my pro, tbh i don't mind playing as any most of the time, just nice to have a change. I think i might change my pro to a centre back for a few games, build up his def stats a bit. That way if i did have to play any and my pro is forced to centre back, he won't be completely useless lol.

Stupid servers disconnected me after the 2nd game.I gave up after that.We're really good though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I agree on the position rotation.

I dont mind playing CB, but, my guy is 5"11, no defensive abilities and 89 finishing. Tomas Vermaelen i suppose :D

The gameface thing is working now so i want to see some seriously realistic faces online tonight!

Ill play a few games as any tonight to give other lads a break.

That lad Yip that was playing last night has to start trading positions. Every match last night he would race down and take the ST position. I don't think he hasn't played a game up front. I know hes good but he'll have to give other people a chance up there. You cant just hog the position for the night.

If your playing tonight and talking to your man will you tell him about the message on here and trading around positions every 2-3 games. Not sure how often hes on boards. (He did say he was on boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Do any of you lads use voice when playing online? Just wondering if it's a requirement. I've only played one game thus far and wondering if it might be easier if we use voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

ok i think im getting the hang of this game been playing mid field and winger both sides . so ill be on tonight after 11 if there any games. Dont mind playing any position but prefer the right hand side.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I played a few games on any and let in at least 5 I just cant defend at all. I am using pro camera always tho. Should I be using tele cam at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Sent a request there. GT: lamposts

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I think to make things fairer.

When theirs a good few people online we should trade around positions every few matches. It seemed to be Yip and seanog up front for nearly every match last night. I'm sure others would like to get a chance up there. I'm sure you lads were scoring goals but I think this is fair rather then just racing down on the positions screen and picking striker.

And don't say I cant play other positions cause my player is a winger/striker etc because my CAM player played right back last night and I got a 9 rating after the match :D

I don't know how people feel about this but I think its a good idea and will give people opportunities to play different positions.

Just one more thing.

If your playing up front and the computer is playing as any don't keep calling for the ball when the computer has it in defence because they'll just keep hoofing the ball up the pitch. I'm not saying don't ever call for it but only call for it when theirs something on.

2 things that I think will improve the club :D

:( sorry...been practicing with my player in midfield to build up strength stats and passing...vision is above 90 so ill try set up some lads when they play up front.

Dont press the pass button when the Com has the ball anyway...i let one of the human controlled ones pass when they have it.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Cactus, we need to sort you out with a headset for the online play. I think I might have a spare one at home, I'll have a look...

Anyone around for a game now.Im off drinking tonight and with Flashpoint out tomorrow i might not get a game in for a while:D

I'm not about now, but i'll be around from 8 to have some games :)

:( sorry...been practicing with my player in midfield to build up strength stats and passing...vision is above 90 so ill try set up some lads when they play up front.

Dont press the pass button when the Com has the ball anyway...i let one of the human controlled ones pass when they have it.

Ye man not to worry.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Cactus, we need to sort you out with a headset for the online play. I think I might have a spare one at home, I'll have a look...

No need mate. I have one around my house somewhere. I'm just not one for using the headset when I'm playing any online games but Ill try find it for the club matches.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Do any of you lads use voice when playing online? Just wondering if it's a requirement. I've only played one game thus far and wondering if it might be easier if we use voice.

It certainly helps. "Left wing!" "Back post" "Go yourself" etc etc. Cant always see the best option so having the lads talking helps i think.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It certainly helps. "Left wing!" "Back post" "Go yourself" etc etc. Cant always see the best option so having the lads talking helps i think.

yup 100% agree, it is very important for the defenders so they know they have options, and don't get caught on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Very enjoyable games tonight chaps, disappointed I didnt get me hat trick in one of the games :P

I changed the camera angle and it really made a difference.

Are we in a league or anything? that'd be great craic, add spice to the games.

• Advertisement

Last time Ill play with a few pints on me.

I was giving the ball away all over the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

building up my pro, not playing again until I have an ovr of 80-90

Sean Og, you'll unlock the achievements to improve your pro just as fast playing online as against the CPU ;) and it's more fun.

Has everyone used the free unlock code on the back of the instruction manual to bump up their pro's ratings for a few matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I sent a request to join the team.

Im expecting a good few on tonight so be sure to pop in to the match rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

anyone up for a game??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Sorry about leaving early in the games lads, my DSL went twice so I left it for the night :/ Eircom hate me.

Sorry for taking your goal there Yip.

I tried to press cancel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

i will join as soon as i set my self up. My username is romanningo. I am positively awful though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

anyone goin to b on round 3 or 4 for a couple of games?

Advertisement