Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa 10 Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm going to the match tonight so I won't be home till about 11 or so. Ill log on when I get home.

We went on a great streak last night. Played some brilliant stuff. By the way cactus, you don't have a mic and thats cool......but how well can you hear us all talk through your speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

The only time I can hear any of ye over the TV speakers is when someone goes "OOOHH" or "AAAAH" or some such.

ah you are missing out then. :D. Seriously, even if you don't want to talk you should use your headset so you can hear what people are saying.

Suppose it would give us an advantage. I shall look into gettin a headset, anything to better the team ;)

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm going to the match tonight so I won't be home till about 11 or so. Ill log on when I get home.

We went on a great streak last night. Played some brilliant stuff. By the way cactus, you don't have a mic and thats cool......but how well can you hear us all talk through your speakers?

Ye I can hear it grand through my speakers. Usually you saying "Backpost" or Yip saying "Edge of the box" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Lads does anyone know what the craic is with this game face malarch? I downloaded it to create my virtual pro so I can join the club but the game face thing wont work!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Sorry for taking your goal there Yip.

I tried to press cancel :D

you were on a hat trick so i if i was in your position my cancel button would have been the 'x' (shoot button lol)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

V9 wrote: »
    The only time I can hear any of ye over the TV speakers is when someone goes "OOOHH" or "AAAAH" or some such.

thats me for every shot, pass, header, missed shot, bad pass, missed interception, throw in, kick off, ref decision, achievment, dribble and position selection...i really must stop haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Sent a request to join the club, looking forward to getting started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Donallob

Hi Guys,

Finally signing up to xbox live solely because of this thread.

Sounds fantastic.

I was just wondering if I could join?. Im not sure how good I am though, I normally play on World class but if the online level is legendary then I fear I will be handed my Backside and don't wanna bring down the increasing rep of the boards team :)

Cheers

• Advertisement

Donallob wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Finally signing up to xbox live solely because of this thread.

Sounds fantastic.

I was just wondering if I could join?. Im not sure how good I am though, I normally play on World class but if the online level is legendary then I fear I will be handed my Backside and don't wanna bring down the increasing rep of the boards team :)

Cheers

Of course you can join :). The club is open to all members of boards.

I need to bring up the "any" issue again lads.

I know everybody wants to be their pro, as its the most fun.... but its unfair to keep asking the same people to do it over and over with no offer coming in.

I mean, how hard is it to rotate? If we have eight people online, thats only one game in eight that you miss out on your pro. Thats not a big deal surely. I picked any three games in a row last night, and the fourth time I asked somebody else to do it.....and everybody just selected their own players and you could literally hear the crickets and owls hooting :P We should rotate after every game.

I know everybody wants to be their pro, as its the most fun.... but its unfair to keep asking the same people to do it over and over with no offer coming in.

I mean, how hard is it to rotate? If we have eight people online, thats only one game in eight that you miss out on your pro. Thats not a big deal surely. I picked any three games in a row last night, and the fourth time I asked somebody else to do it.....and everybody just selected their own players and you could literally hear the crickets and owls hooting :P We should rotate after every game.

Me, you and tunetunetuner played any last night in the space of 4 games or are you talking about another time? (Great last minute header BTW in the last match. I forget who crossed that lovely ball in :D)

I do admit it would be easier if I used a mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jaysus. Missed a sitter there yesterday lads. Sorry about that. Empty net and I blast it over the bar. Thank fcuk it's only a simulation.

Great last minute header BTW in the last match. I forget who crossed that lovely ball in :D)

yeh you definately put in a lovely floated ball. Into the far post, away from the defender. I kept getting out jumped in that match so I was amazed that it went in. Mostly down to the delivery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

I completely agree with that everyone should rotate the "Any" position while playing the games, although i haven't done it very much. It should be decided upon in the dressing room before we search for games because there's more time to sort it out rather than when we are on the position selection screen.

Some good games last night except that howler the keeper had in one them when I passed it back to him :D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Hi guys, can I join? I'll play 'any'where? :)

Reganovski wrote: »
    Hi guys, can I join? I'll play 'any'where? :)

Of course.

I said it earlier in the thread but this is how you join.

Go to:

Xbox live - Pro club championship - Search clubs - Search for "Boards Ireland" - Send a request to join.

I completely agree with that everyone should rotate the "Any" position while playing the games, although i haven't done it very much. It should be decided upon in the dressing room before we search for games because there's more time to sort it out rather than when we are on the position selection screen.

Some good games last night except that howler the keeper had in one them when I passed it back to him :D!!!

Ye I agree.

Whoever is going any has to be allowed to be captain also because only the captain can tell the keeper to come out.

Also a couple of times we quit out last night because of kits. If your captain you can change the teams kit by pressing X on the screen where everyone has to ready up.

EDIT: I suppose for the any thing to work I'm going to have to start using a mic so Ill start using one tonight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just to add to your point above, it definitely needs to be rotated but also so does positions on the pitch. Its not fair if people spend the whole night in one position up front and dont let others have a go. Also because everyone plays mid-forward positions our defenders ratings are crap so when you play as any you get poorly rated defenders to control which makes it even harder against opposition with rated strikers. When I was any a few nights ago the way our squad was laid out we had a striker playing left back also Kirby played any twice and I played about 4 games and no one else offered to just immediately jumped into their positions in silence until the game started. If people are strikers they should change their pro to midfielders or defenders for a bit aswell to give others a go up front, it will also improve your player stats. In any games ive played the same people have been in every position for all the games.

• Advertisement

Yes, we need defenders. We have none :P. I'm considering changing my guy to CB for tonights games. He is big and strong so it might help.

I still want to take the free kicks though. :D I've worked at them for quite a while in the arena and with my stats like 86 curve etc and have about a 95% success rate offline from 35 yards and in. Little trickier online due to lag, but ive scored a fair few with our team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Everyone should be willing to rotate and play different positions including the defence otherwise the team will never have decent stats. I've played outfield i think once and that was because you took the any for a game, the only slot outfield not in the back 4 was your position you had given up. I dont think anyone owns a position or a role so people should swap around a bit and give others a chance. Also I find people dont track back when there is an any as they are more focused on going forward and trying to score goals. I think people forget or have failed to notice but our back four stat wise are at the default and poor so they need help from players tracking back, we also need people to play as them to increase their stats.
    Its good fun playing club but its frustrating when we conceed because no one has made an effort to come back or because everyone in the midfield is up beside the strikers trying to score and leaving a big gapping hole in the middle of the field and players unmarked who make a quick break at our sluggish defenders. Positions are important when playing club and its hard with everyone controlling players but when it works right its fantastic and teams can be destroyed.

Also at the rate we are going player wise we will nearly be able to play two games at once using the new rooms feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

ill sign up to this later, it sounds good. I am set up as a striker but I don't mind where I play really tag:manufan1611

Axwell wrote: »
    Just to add to your point above, it definitely needs to be rotated but also so does positions on the pitch. Its not fair if people spend the whole night in one position up front and dont let others have a go. Also because everyone plays mid-forward positions our defenders ratings are crap so when you play as any you get poorly rated defenders to control which makes it even harder against opposition with rated strikers. When I was any a few nights ago the way our squad was laid out we had a striker playing left back also Kirby played any twice and I played about 4 games and no one else offered to just immediately jumped into their positions in silence until the game started. If people are strikers they should change their pro to midfielders or defenders for a bit aswell to give others a go up front, it will also improve your player stats. In any games ive played the same people have been in every position for all the games.

To be fair when you came on the other night you picked any straight away so i thought you were happy to play as any.

It has improved the last few nights though in respect to people switching positions rather then just playing as one for the night.

One of the nights I think we had 9 or 10 on we still played as any. I don't think theirs any need because you'll only be controlling probably 2 defenders which is very difficult. I think its grand if 1 or 2 of our players is the computer.

I don't mind playing defence but my lad is too small, best suited to the hole or wing play. could play in front of the back four either if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, I'm gonna be on tonight from about ten and i'm gonna swap my pro to RWB for this evening; if someone else wants to switch their pro to LWB I reckon we could cause some serious damage on the overlap :) see ye online later...

To be fair when you came on the other night you picked any straight away so i thought you were happy to play as any.

I dont mind playing as any as all the other positions were taken anyways apart from the defence. Just people need to make the effort to track back aswell as go forward as our defenders dont have any stats apart from the default.
    If there a lot of people as you said then playing any isnt much use when you have the goalkeeper and maybe 1 player but whoever is captain has to be aware that they control the goalkeeper which is something some people arent aware of. But I think if we have that many people playing we should make use of two rooms and split the team so we get more games in for the club and increase our overall rank.
    V9 wrote: »
    I don't mind playing defence but my lad is too small, best suited to the hole or wing play. could play in front of the back four either if needed.

You can simply edit your players height and build along with his position to be a defender then change him again another time if your playing elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Of course.

I said it earlier in the thread but this is how you join.

Go to:

Xbox live - Pro club championship - Search clubs - Search for "Boards Ireland" - Send a request to join.

Just sent a request there but its saying it has reached the maximum number of join requests :(

Reganovski wrote: »
    Just sent a request there but its saying it has reached the maximum number of join requests :(

No that's grand. Send another one in around half an hour. Ill delete the people who sent requests but failed to leave they're gamertag here like i said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

anyone else coming on for a game?

Advertisement