Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping Break the Link: SMOKERS Important For Cutting Edge Research

Options
  • 02-10-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi everyone,

My name is Corinna Stewart and I am conducting research at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth.

If you or anyone you know smokes I would like to invite you to answer a brief 5-item questionnaire at
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=9RFdnjGWX1qy3k8daviNQg_3d_3d
    to see whether you are eligible to take part in the smoking research described below.

Helping Break the Link: SMOKERS Important For Cutting Edge Research in the Kildare and the Greater Dublin Area

Though the majority of smokers would like to stop smoking, it is extremely difficult for them to act on this desire and despite repeated attempts many are unable to break the hold that cigarettes appear to have on them. Groundbreaking research using special computerised procedures has recently found that no matter what the actual circumstances are, automatic thoughts and feelings hidden from the smoker tend to undermine smokers’ confidence in their ability to control their smoking.

Our research is about learning how best to harness these automatic thoughts so as to make it easier for smokers to quit smoking. If you are interested in taking part in this research you can find out more by filling out the questionnaire in the link above. You will then be contacted shortly afterwards to be given more information about the study; and then if you like you can take part anonymously at a time and place that suits you during the coming months.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this research,

Best Regards,

Corinna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hairyhead

i tried filling out the questionaire but there is an erros on the page which wont let me ansewr question 5 and 6.

might just be my laptop acting up though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tijuana_Lady

Sorry about that. Here's the link again:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=9RFdnjGWX1qy3k8daviNQg_3d_3d

Maybe if you copy and paste it into the address bar it might work better this time. If you have any more trouble with it let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Thanks for filling out the questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

if you want the help of the wonderful posters of this forum, you are ment to pm the mod first. Also put a bit of effort into your actualy post and don't just copy and paste from anther site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement