Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems connecting to Xbox Live with NTL Broadband

• 02-10-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to set up Xbox Live for someone here following the pinned thread about bridging connections. I can bridge the connections no problem, but when I do the Connection Test on the Xbox it fails at the first part of it (Connecting to the network). Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

could you try a different ethernet cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

i read before that you need a crossover cable rather than an ethernet cable. Don't know how true that is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ella87

Are your firewall settings on low?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

animaX wrote: »
    i read before that you need a crossover cable rather than an ethernet cable. Don't know how true that is though

The old xbox needed crossover, the 360 just needs an ethernet cable. If your bridging connections then it might be a problem with the ip address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I changed the Ethernet Cable and still no joy. Says it can't acquire the IP address...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Plug everything out including power cables! Plug just back in the ethernet cables to your pc, xbox and anything else you need to.. once its all setup plug the power back in.

Thats what I had to do before!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Mgoraf wrote: »
    I changed the Ethernet Cable and still no joy. Says it can't acquire the IP address...

The guide in the stickies is meant for eircom users. Since your with NTL just follow the first half of the guide. Delete the bridge your made and make sure you have ICS enabled in your wireless settings. Hopefully that'll solve it.

mgsrocks wrote: »
    The guide in the stickies is meant for eircom users. Since your with NTL just follow the first half of the guide. Delete the bridge your made and make sure you have ICS enabled in your wireless settings. Hopefully that'll solve it.
    Thanks alot that worked. But the voice chat and stuff isn't working. Any idea how I can fix that?

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Thanks alot that worked. But the voice chat and stuff isn't working. Any idea how I can fix that?
    sounds like your going to need to open ports for the xbox. google the port numbers and go to port forwarding.
    alternatively, put the xbox's IP into DMZ setting, that will allow it to run all the ports it needs.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    sounds like your going to need to open ports for the xbox. google the port numbers and go to port forwarding.
    alternatively, put the xbox's IP into DMZ setting, that will allow it to run all the ports it needs.

When I try to get onto the routers homepage it asks for a username + password. And nothing I've tried has worked - admin/admin, root/root. There's a password on the under side of the router but that didn't work either...Should I just ring up NTL?

• Advertisement

if its the Cisco 2425 then the name and password are both blank.

Advertisement