Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episodes

• 02-10-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

This has probably been mentioned before, but I just heard of it now. It's a new 6 part series that's being made by the BBC and Showtime in the US. Here's the blurb from the Daily Mail online (I don't normally read that, but I saw the link from the A-Team article!!!):
    Former Friends actor Matt LeBlanc is returning to TV screens - to star as himself in a send-up of the television industry.

The 42-year-old heart-throb will appear in a six-part series called Episodes next year on BBC2.

Shooting in London and Los Angeles, the programme tells story of an unsuspecting British couple who try to recreate their UK comedy hit in the lion's den of American TV, with disastrous results.

Episodes was penned by Friends co-creator David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik, whose credits include Mad About You.

The new show is a co-production with US broadcaster Showtime and also involves Hat Trick Productions.

LeBlanc joked: "I am also so glad I got the part; seeing someone else playing Matt LeBlanc would have been devastating."

Jimmy Mulville, who is a producer on the show, said: "These are some of the best scripts I've read in a long time by two writers at the top of their game.

"To have the opportunity to make a show with David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik, with Matt LeBlanc playing a hilarious version of himself, and then to make that show for both Showtime and the BBC, whose combined portfolios of comedy are second to none, is both a thrill and a great privilege.

"Episodes promises to be one of the great comedy treats for 2010."
    I'm generally not a big fan of sitcoms, but the premise sounds like it could be fun if done well, especially if you've ever witnessed US remakes of British shows (like Red Dwarf, Coupling or Fawlty Towers).

Then again, it could fall flat on it's face.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Didn't Lisa Kudrow have a similiar type show that tanked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I can only see Matt LeBlanc as Joey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, me too. I remember watching him in the Lost In Space film, and just couldn't take him seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Well he does have hands-on experience of trying to repeat the magic of a previous comedic hit and failing miserably so he is the obvious choice for the part :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It could be good. I'll keep an eye out for it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement