Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

patriots eyeing Seau as Mayo cover?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just on the RB issue.
    I just don't for the life of me understand where all this Maroney hate is coming from.

We are four games into a season and this started before preseason.

He was great in 2006 when behind Dillon.

Corey started 13 games and played all 16 for 812 yds and 4.1 ypc
    Maroney started no games but played 14 and had 745 yds at 4.3 ypc
    He wasn't called on much in the postseason that year where he averaged 2.8 ypc.
    Then in 2007 he plays 13 games and starts in 6 to amass 835 yds at 4.5 ypc
    And goes on to the postseason to have 280 yds for 4.6 ypc.

2008 was a bust for him due to injury, which brings us to where we are now. I mean wtf has the guy done wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    2008 was a bust for him due to injury, which brings us to where we are now. I mean wtf has the guy done wrong?

Not be the break out back everyone expected him to be. If he stopped dancing in the backfield those number he did in 2006 and 2007 would be far superior. There is no hate but to be honest whatever it is going through his head he needs to snap out of it becuase that dancing is doing him no favours. 4 games in or not this bouncing around all started last season before he got injured. He went from the confident Maroney to Tigger the bouncing back. And his carries were cut. He then got injured which probably shot his confidence after having a dreadful start to the season.

This season has started the same as last but without injury. If he can go back to the player he was in 2006/2007 the majority of us Pats fans will be happy but right now he cant find lanes, he looks lost and he bounces around. Marshal faulk as much as I hate the chap was talking about it last week and he picked up on it as have many of the pundits.

I loved Maroney coming out of MN and he gave us two solid years but he looks like a lost child on the field right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I don't know if you are aware but he has been getting boo'ed by home fans. Surely its far too early for even the boo boys to be having a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I don't know if you are aware but he has been getting boo'ed by home fans. Surely its far too early for even the boo boys to be having a go.

No doubt MA folk are a tough crowd. :D I will be there in Dec again so im sure I will still hear it if he still dancing around.

Advertisement