Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf GTi/iPod integration

• 02-10-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I just changed to a 06 DSG GTi and am amazed that they didn't have the foresight to put an aux input either on the head unit or somewhere else in the car :mad:

Any golf owners out there that have successfully managed to integrate ipod with the standard factory fit stereo?

Don't want to have to use iTrip or similar products!

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brumbrum

I have an 09 Scirocco DSG and I am using a Parrot mki9200 kit. I think the other Parrot kits might work too.

I had a factory fit kit in and there was some feed back noise from the engine so I got it changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

i have a GTI with the VW ipod cable which connects to the back of the standard head unit via the glove box. Its not the best option but I'm happy enough with it as it is all hidden.

I think it was €70 or there abouts when ordering the car, I don't know the the cost as a stand alone part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

great thanks for the replies, least I know it can be physically connected somehow to the back of the headunit. I'll look into the parrot scenario also as I need a hands free kit fitted anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

brumbrum wrote: »
    I have an 09 Scirocco DSG and I am using a Parrot mki9200 kit. I think the other Parrot kits might work too.

I had a factory fit kit in and there was some feed back noise from the engine so I got it changed.

+1 on the MKi9200. I have one and it works very well. Can leave iPod in glovebox and have full control of it drom the Parrot remote control and see everything on the screen

Advertisement