Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers -v- Bohemians Match Thread [mod warning post #71]

• 02-10-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭

This match deserves its own thread.

Luckily for those of us unfortunate enough to not have tickets, TG4 are showing the match. Coverage starts at 19:30 (Kick off at 19:45)

Come on Rovers!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Gots me a ticket, this is gonna be electric :)

G'WAN BOHS!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Oh Twigg of Scotland.....

Bohs are looking decent again but missing players, Rovers to win 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

3-1 to Bohs!

Going to be a great occasion. Let's hope the other element of both clubs don't ruin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There'll be a strong Garda presence tonight and they've organised it better for entering and exiting the ground.

Hopefully, nothing will mar the occasion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

There'll be a strong Garda presence tonight and they've organised it better for entering and exiting the ground.

Hopefully, nothing will mar the occasion.
    I hope so too, Danny Dyer and a film crew will over for the next one then to check out all the nawty cahnts in Ireland's huge hooligan problem.

• Advertisement

Ten minutes.

Getting nervous now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Nothing in it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ten minutes.

Getting nervous now.

bulmers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hardly a good advertisement for LOI so far! Hoof hoof hoof !

Atmosphere is great though, it's so loud standin outside my door :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ndo has been poison, can't have his crap in this type of game.

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Hardly a good advertisement for LOI so far! Hoof hoof hoof !

Atmosphere is great though, it's so loud standin outside my door :p

Dont think whoever wins will care how it looks on tv.

Which end do rovers get and miss their penos in ?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont think whoever wins will care how it looks on tv.

Which end do rovers get and miss their penos in ?

The end they were playing into in the first half. So they should be grand if they get any penos in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Not great football on show, but it's amazing how much better a decent sized, full stand makes the game appear.

Rover's losing the midfield battle now

dyl10 wrote: »
    Not great football on show, but it's amazing how much better a decent sized, full stand makes the game appear.

Rover's losing the midfield battle now

gone 451 now

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prolly best i dont post in this thread ever again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No wonder everyone hates Rovers. The fans are absolutely dispicable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The curse does not just apply to Rovers it seems :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Defo peno

Sc**bag who ever thru the bottle
    will have to start doing the "taking the lids off us going in" lark they do in other countries:o:mad:

go on the cousins:rolleyes:

*in fairness, they SHOULD take the lids of bottles off people going into grounds, standard everywhere else as far as i know (not an excuse btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Linesmen hit by a bottle, lovely behaviour.

• Advertisement

I assume Shamrock Rovers will be punished for this, playing a few games in an empty stadium for example (rather then in just a half full one)?

Orizio wrote: »
    I assume Shamrock Rovers will be punished for this, playing a few games in an empty stadium for example (rather then in just a half full one)?

?
    are you for real?
    have you seen the stuff thrown in places like Real Madrid?
    and nothing happens (large parts of scooters etc)

THEY WILL get a fine and a decen size one at that

Whoever threw the bottle is an idiot and hopefully he gets banned for life. Not representational of all the Rovers fans though.

Anyway, we are top of the league, we are top of the league!

:D

elshambo wrote: »
    ?
    are you for real?

have you seen the stuff thrown in places like Real Madrid?
    and nothing happens (large parts of scooters etc)

THEY WILL get a fine and a decen size one at that

My apologies, I was silly enough to think the LOI cared about stomping out scumbag behaviour at soccer matches. ;)

Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Whoever threw the bottle is an idiot and hopefully he gets banned for life. Not representational of all the Rovers fans though.

Anyway, we are top of the league, we are top of the league!

HOOPS !!! HOOPS!!!

:D
    My apologies, I was silly enough to think the LOI cared about stomping out scumbag behaviour at soccer matches. ;)

Carry on.

Oh the bitterness haha

At the end of the day your letting one idiot getting the better of what was a great night for Rover's

Rovers are top of the league and unbeaten in 20 league games

Bohs are going BUST they dont have the money to stay up

Bohs are getting relegated if they dont win the league

Cheeeerio

Carry on.

No, it's just that the punishment you suggested was completely ridiculous

Crowe did well pulling the peno out of the defender, he should have known better.

Anyone know what Pat Sullivan was sent off for?
    I thought only a booking was given out for the penalty decision:confused:

dyl10 wrote: »
    No, it's just that the punishment you suggested was completely ridiculous

Why? As stupid as some harmless fines?

I'm getting the impression people really don't give a **** that a linesman got bottled and Joseph Ndo was subjected to racist chants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

monkey9 wrote: »
    No wonder everyone hates Rovers. The fans are absolutely dispicable!!

I had the unfortunate experience of sharing a Luas home from work with a load of Bohs fans. Next time Bohs are playing in Tallaght I'm driving to work. The behaviour was dispicible, they were intimidating passengers and throwing empty cans all around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'm getting the impression people really don't give a **** that a linesman got bottled and Joseph Ndo was subjected to racist chants.

Didn't hear any racist chants, and I'd actually be suprised if there was too seeing as he played for Rovers for a while.

I think we'd all rather give a **** about the football game itself to be fair. Lets not cream ourselfs over other icidents and let them be sorted by the people who can.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Didn't hear any racist chants, and I'd actually be suprised if there was too seeing as he played for Rovers for a while.

I think we'd all rather give a **** about the football game itself to be fair. Lets not cream ourselfs over other icidents and let them be sorted by the people who can.

I could be mistaken, but watching it on tv i could hear monkey chants when Ndo was on the ball.

Now suffice it to say, I'm not Ndo's biggest fan, but f"cking monkey chants???? FFS

I could be mistaken, but watching it on tv i could hear monkey chants when Ndo was on the ball.

Now suffice it to say, I'm not Ndo's biggest fan, but f"cking monkey chants???? FFS

You sure they weren't just "HOOPS HOOPS" chants?

Onkle wrote: »
    I had the unfortunate experience of sharing a Luas home from work with a load of Bohs fans. Next time Bohs are playing in Tallaght I'm driving to work. The behaviour was dispicible, they were intimidating passengers and throwing empty cans all around the place.

Shams and Bohs fans do have the same nickname for each other

maybe there it a reason:rolleyes:

In fairness, thats what it sounded like to me!

tbh I dont think I ever heard NDO get abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Walking back towards town(waterford) with my 7 year old son after the cup final last weekend,I saw two fights, 1 between bohs fans in fancy dress and another between 3 bohs fans acting the cnut, shouting across the road to a guy with his missus,that his missus was a whore for absolutely no reason.

I was with my 7 year old son ffs!
    I'm not saying that these clowns represent the bohs fans but this was from a small group of travelling fans, there's something that needs to be dealt with.

It was quite appalling tbh at this type of game,if they come near me or my son in future i'll fkin deal with them.

Keep those idiots out of your club, for inevitably they will shame you.

Edit to add, my little lad loves his football, and is lucky enough to have a local team to support(Waterford united)and he can actually go to games.
    Let's not let these clowns ruin it,It's a struggle as it is.Football fans want to go to games, let's not discourage them.

You wanna calm down there, first of all getting "bottled" means getting a glass bottle smashed or stuck into you, it does not involve a plastic half empty coke bottle hittin you on the head, inexcusable as it was the bloke was grand and didn't even need treatment

and secondly I was in the end of the stand with my family and when Ndo got the ball we booed because he used to play for Rover's, absoloutely NO RACIST CHANTS AT ALL...Rover's have a big anti racism thing going on at the minute so wat your saying is TOTAL BALLS, your just an anti Rovers bitter bloke who is resorting to making things up to try and dampen a greatnight for us

take it somewhere else

• Advertisement

Fair enough, it could have been. It sounded like monkey chants when Ndo was on the ball, But as i said, i could have well been wrong

Fair enough, it could have been. It sounded like monkey chants when Ndo was on the ball, But as i said, i could have well been wrong

You were !

It's something you might investigate further next time before posting in an internet forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

if they come near me or my son in future i'll fkin deal with them.
    So to be fair, you're actually just as bad since you're going around acting the hardman talking about fighting with people who haven't come near you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They should've just given it back to Jayo who lost it :pac:

The guy is simply saying that if football hooligans come near him or his son he will defend himself........

He is saying this because he has witnessed first hand the level of which these scumbags have stooped to, to intimidate innocent families

do you really not understand that ???

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    They should've just given it back to Jayo who lost it :pac:

In fairness its not like Jayo to waist a half bottle of coke...he loves the stuff:pac:

plus he's on the dole and its €2 euro a bottle :(

DSB wrote: »
    So to be fair, you're actually just as bad since you're going around acting the hardman talking about fighting with people who haven't come near you?

Yes i'm just as bad to look out for my 7 year old son who wants to go to a game in peace. :pac:

Get a grip ffs.

The Al Lad wrote: »
    The guy is simply saying that if football hooligans come near him or his son he will defend himself........

He is saying this because he has witnessed first hand the level of which these scumbags have stooped to, to intimidate innocent families

do you really not understand that ???
    Yes i'm just as bad to look out for my 7 year old son who wants to go to a game in peace. :pac:

Get a grip ffs.

It gos without saying that any father would defend their son in the blink of an eye, and no1 would criticise you for that.

But writing on an internet forum about what you'd do if something happened you, that has never happened you, just screams of trying to look like a tough guy.

DSB wrote: »
    It gos without saying that any father would defend their son in the blink of an eye, and no1 would criticise you for that.

But writing on an internet forum about what you'd do if something happened you, that has never happened you, just screams of trying to look like a tough guy.

Never happened?
    Did you not read my post? You think I want my son witnessing that type of behaviour after a game he's just been to that was a big deal to him because of a few scumbags?

Never mind the 'tough guy' stuff. I didn't mean it to come across that way.
    What I mean is that it's a crying shame he can't go to a cup final in his home town without this sh!t.
    He's been to Anfield and not once did I feel I had to try and explain other peoples behaviour to him. How can that be?

Never happened?
    Did you not read my post? You think I want my son witnessing that type of behaviour after a game he's just been to that was a big deal to him because of a few scumbags?

What I mean is that it's a crying shame he can't go to a cup final in his home town without this sh!t.
    He's been to Anfield and not once did I feel I had to try and explain other peoples behaviour to him. How can that be?

I wouldn't give my sense to a halfwit if I were you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In fairness, Ndo (or any ethnic player) has never been racially abused in the LoI, it doesn't exist here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ndo was booed a fair bit, but that's not racial abuse. And in fairness, everything attack-wise went through him.

I don't think I can decide which of the two biannual Rovers killers I'd prefer to have missed the pen - Crowe or Byrne. I don't mind now. :)

Des wrote: »
    In fairness, Ndo (or any ethnic player) has never been racially abused in the LoI, it doesn't exist here

Rommy Boco against Bohs by a Bohs player!:eek:
    (although it may have been more ignorant stupidity than actual racism)
    Also your definition of the word ethnic may need working on
    foreign fits better for your meaning and for the small group of players in question!

Never happened?

I hope you're not trying to imply that this kinda thing, doesn't go on in the Premiership and throughout the world, because if so, you couldn't be more wrong.

The behaviour is disgusting but unfortunately its also commonplace in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Des wrote: »

Mark Rutherfurd experienced plenty of racist abuse in his time in the league, more so in the 90s of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement