Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC is seriously messing me around.

• 02-10-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I ordered 10mb student broadband 3 weeks ago. Got the confirmation email and installation would take place a week later. Took the day off college, got an email about 7 that evening saying they couldnt install that day and would be back in a week. Did the same thing on tuesday, took the day off college, still they didnt come and there was no email explaining why.

Tried to get in contact with UPC, got through to 4 different people who said it wasnt their responsibility and would transfer me to the right operator (who quoted the same line). This is really annoying me now, we are probably paying for service that we arent getting, and I wan't to get my ps3 online.

What steps can I take to get some word from UPC because this is really annoying me now.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

To be honest, its a busy busy time for UPC with students returning to college etc.

What id do is ring NTL, ask them when their comming out, tell them you will only be there at that time, and to ring you prior to comming out. Go to college, get your call that NTL are on the way out, and meet them. You'll have the technicians number at this stage and if he doesnt arrive 30mins -> an hr after he says he will, defo give him a call and try get him out ASAP.

NTL have a shocking customer service, you'll only frustrate yourself if you start complaining with them. Be stern but fair!

Is it Galway your in? Took my girlfriend about a week to get hers installed, granted some tool parked over the manhole NTL needed to access to connect her broadband so that didnt help.

Ye wont be charged for the service until you are connected, thats just silly! :P

Advertisement