Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero & Rock Band Boardsie Meetup

Options
  • 02-10-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Do you guys think it'd be a good idea? Just a day of non stop rhythm games. Just throwing it out there. :D

A good idea? 10 votes

YES! ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!
    0% 0 votes
    Nah, not at all
    60% 6 votes
    It Depends on Where it Is
    10% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar
    30% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes but only if we keep the cocks in , I wouldn't like to embarrass anyone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Yes for sure,the two times Cully had meet-ups were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Yes for sure,the two times Cully had meet-ups were awesome.

Where did you guys have it?

Where did you guys have it?

It was at his house,and now that I think about it,him and I were the only ones from here at it. He was planning to have a boards one but then he decided to move to China :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Damn him and his China! I am of course up for a meet up, if nothing else so that Cedom can kick my arse once and for all! Where are ye all from? I'm in ye olde Clare...

• Advertisement

Dublin.

Dublin of course!

I float around the pale between dublin and drogheda :p

:rolleyes: Bloody Dubliners :D Well, I guess I'll be the one travelling so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm interesting!

be nice to meet y'all and pick up some playing tips!

• Advertisement

I'll be sure to have the guillotine ready for anyone who brings World Tour. :D

I'll hold 'em down for yah. Ah no, I'd love to give the drums a go on it actually. If one of ye wasn't willing to give up the house, we could rent one of the gaming places in Dublin, like the place the fighting forum uses for it's casual meet ups.

once you had some world tour pedal there aint no going back son ;)

So i've heard... I'll be attempting to make my own pedal soon enough anyway so that wont matter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've love to meet up! Not bigging myself up here, but I only know one person who is as good as me at these games, so it'd be nice to see Ced in action (and subsequently see him destroy me), because I've seen his scores... e.g. I think his score on Visions is ~3x mine!! :eek:

But, I live in Limerick, and travelling to Dublin doesn't really float my boat I'm afraid! :(

I'm in Clare, so you can always grab the bus with me of something

If you live far away, hitchhike if you're low on cash. :D

Back to the issue on where it'd be though, I was thinking the Xtreme Gaming Centre on Liffey Street, next to the Ha'Penny Bridge in Dublin. I've been in there before, although it was a good while ago, but they have nice LCD screens and plenty of space so having a good Rock Band session there would probably be more than likely.

If anyone else has any suggestions, do feel free to throw them in, nothing's set in stone here.

How much would it cost and do they have RB instuments there?

i doubt they have instruments there, and you'll have to check price yourself...

No instruments, would you guys have issues bringing an instrument or two with you? I could bring my drums in (stock RB1 kit with modded pedal) and maybe fit an X-Plorer in the box with it.

• Advertisement

I can bring an Xplorer no problem.

stock RB1 kit with modded pedal

Selotape on it ??? :D

better than my pedal, which is taped to a piece of wood! I can bring mic and guitar.

calex71 wrote: »
    Selotape on it ??? :D

After going through 2 pedals and 2 returns to HMV, I just bought a metal plate off of eBay for €15 and used the self drilling screws on it to attach it to the pedal. Haven't had a problem since.

No more interest then I assume. ;-;

Perhaps some headbanging via xb live could be warranted (guess who got a new subscription finally this week) I'm about most evenings and days during the week (bloody recession) :) I don't sing...... well if theres no one at home to hear i do :o and I drum on hard / medium for later teirs ............... for now :D

I'm up for that. I do everything on Expert.

Advertisement