Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV to MacDonagh?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Healium wrote: »
    No phone number :/ It just said the standard was overwhelmingly high and I wasn't successful

I'd imagine a lot of the former Zavvi people would have been first in line given their relevant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Screw it. Applying again.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Wonder will they take the same location as Zavvi? There seemed to be work going on in the unit that was earmarked for esprit(?) beside the entrance, across the corridor from the bag shop the last time I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Theres a lot of work going on in that old tom tailor was it?? unit there over that no name side of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

People have been unsuccessful already?? I've an interview with them tomorrow in Grafton St for the weekend job...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

andyman wrote: »
    People have been unsuccessful already?? I've an interview with them tomorrow in Grafton St for the weekend job...

Good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

You stole my job! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You stole my job! :P

:D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I'll kill him and take my job back :)

Must be the unit where Espirit was supposed to go in to. Looks to be lots of work fitting out there. Also, "Reserved" is splashed across a few others so hopefully it might be something useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

There's been a lot of those Reserved signs up before and nothing came of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Briandamage

Dammit! Why didn't hear about this before now!!!?? Now there's only part-time temporary left. Grr... I've worked in HMV Grafton St and HMV Galway so I would've been fairly confident. Although, a couple of days before I was due to finish up in the Galway store I went on a serious bender in Kilkenny and missed the bus back to Galway. When I rang to explain I was so drunk I could barely speak. I just applied anyway, now I just have to hope my old Galway manager doesn't hold a grudge :(

I heard nothing back from them,anyway :/

Anyone hear when they are opening, exactly? Can't wait like :D
    Nothing on the MacDonagh website yet.

The Sligo one is opening the first week of November so i would think the Kilkenny branch will be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

HMV are interviewing sometime this week. I'd say they will hire staff next week at some stage, training the following week, and fitting out the store then. I would hazzard a guess at an opening last week of this month or first week of next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

was in HMV blanchardstown at the weekend - oh so many choices, what to buy:D, so whens burger king coming

Got rejected AGAIN! 'sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Maybe you're just destined to draw the dole or (if you're lucky) pump my gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Ah Fabby, that's not very encouraging.
    Although I did work in a petrol station when we had 18% unemployment back in the late eighties.

Keep trying Healium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Are you applying for the full time jobs or weekend/part time ones?

Weekend job

Seen nothing "official" yet as regarding opening dates or such like :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

:(

Still, fingers crossed eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

From what I have heard, official opening is set for November 2nd, but may happen a day or 2 earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

This is great news,
    While i love rollercoaster, Zavi carried so much more stuff particularly DVD's.
    I assume since HMV took over the major franchise's in dublin it was a matter of time until they took over the smaller ones around the country.

Look forward to going back to Macdonagh junction now!
    Haven't being in there since the final sale in zavi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I still haven't been contacted even though I think my interview went very well. Did they ring you to tell you that they weren't taking you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mixman

Bit of inside information from HMV, Its goin were da old Zavvi unit was and will be opening hopfully on the Saturday (31st) or the Sunday.

Sligo HMV opening on November 7th!

• Advertisement

andyman wrote: »
    I still haven't been contacted even though I think my interview went very well. Did they ring you to tell you that they weren't taking you on?

Just got an E-mail :/

Advertisement