Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV to MacDonagh?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

problem with zavvi and now hmv is that they take the business from heartbeat city and rollercoaster ( who can order anything in fro you!!!) and could end up shutting down. then like zavvi, they'll end up closed and there will be nowhere to buy music.

I don't work in Rollercoaster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

problem with zavvi and now hmv is that they take the business from heartbeat city and rollercoaster ( who can order anything in fro you!!!) and could end up shutting down. then like zavvi, they'll end up closed and there will be nowhere to buy music.

I disagree, ill pass and pop into hmv when im there, but rollercoaster in particular is the place id make a point of going to when i want something.

You just have to look at dublin, i can think of a good 10 stores that people said will close when Virgin Megastores was at its height of its powers!

I used to work in one of these stores and people came in and talked to the employees about what they were looking for because they knew people would know there stuff. Sure HMV staff will know there stuff but usually there all on till duty!

Does the HMV in Kilkenny have the latest releases on the day of release? The new Star Trek movie was released last Friday on DVD but HMV Sligo didn't have it and the same when i checked on Monday.Surprising really that a major store like HMV wouldn't have the new stuff on the day of release!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

brettmirl wrote: »
    For their autographs is it??? :p

Absolutely, if by "Autographs" you mean "Savagely Violent Demise"

Anyway, they won't have to worry about impending violence and I won't have to worry about where to get my scissors sharpened as it appears the rumours of their visitation are false, from which we can only conclude that keano's children are seated on an exalted throne of lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Does the HMV in Kilkenny have the latest releases on the day of release? The new Star Trek movie was released last Friday on DVD but HMV Sligo didn't have it and the same when i checked on Monday.Surprising really that a major store like HMV wouldn't have the new stuff on the day of release!

On that question, is Star Wars Clone Wars season one in? Usually Tesco and Xtra-Vision would have had it by now.

• Advertisement

On that question, is Star Wars Clone Wars season one in? Usually Tesco and Xtra-Vision would have had it by now.

So should HMV,on the day of release!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

still havent been to hmv in kilkenny yet . wonder if they have a vinyl section ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Sadly not....

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

dont think they will be effected too much . rollercoaster stock alot of stuff that hmv dont . music im into like post rock , electronica and alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Omenplaya

don't worry ya'll, HMV will be gone apres xmas...imo the only here for the xmas shopping, make a quick buck and pop off when it quiet after xmas...

POP up Shops they call them, short term leases to try the market...

• Advertisement

Omenplaya wrote: »
    don't worry ya'll, HMV will be gone apres xmas...imo the only here for the xmas shopping, make a quick buck and pop off when it quiet after xmas...

POP up Shops they call them, short term leases to try the market...

Check post 91 in this thread!

Advertisement