Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web design

• 02-10-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

(Sorry if this is in wrong place, if so mods please move to correct area, i can never figure out where to post on this place)

I'm currently doing an online web design course but having problems with the codes. The example question went fine fro me but when it came to the actual question which was to desifn a simple web page to introduce myself I keep getting it wrong. I used the code below which worked fine in example I just changed header names etc

<HTML>
    <H1 ALIGN="CENTER"> Introduction</H1>
    </HTML>

However every time i go to view the web page it come out like this below

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang6153{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}} {\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1515;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 \par

Introduction

\par \par \par } �

What am I doing wrong?

Also it says in the course manual that it is possible to open with internet explorer then change it by going to view then sthen source. When I do this I cand see the source code but can't edit it. So I have to open with wordpad to edit.

Is there a way to change the souce code without having to re-open as a wordpad document

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Start again, this time use Notepad, not word or wordpad. Save it as a .html file.

Start > Programs > Accessories > Notepad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You may be saving with the .html extension, but the file format is being saved as RTF instead of plain text.

Open your file in Wordpad and click into File > Save As and change the type to Text Document.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Notepad is the best way to go, most other programs will add bit of code automatically (which will ruin your own code).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Notepad2 is a step-up from Notepad.

Syntax highlighting, visual brace matching, advanced search and replace etc.

You can completely replace Notepad with Notepad2 so by default everything that used to open in Notepad will open in Notepad2 if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Neish

Cheers guys all your info was very useful

• Advertisement
Advertisement