Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Yes Campaign Skullduggery

Options
  • 02-10-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Even on polling day the Yes campaigners prove themselves incapable of respecting democracy.
    A member of Politics.ie forum, using the name of *nemesis*, who claims to be working at Scoil Mhuire poling station in Dublin North central, has just conducted his own exit poll.
    He/She claims a landslide for Yes out of a poll of 35 people.
    This is disgraceful behaviour & typifies the conduct of the thuggish Yes campaign in this referendum, especially Generation Yes.
    This individual is being reported to authorities as this behaviour is not just inappropriate but probably illegal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

rebelmind wrote: »
    Even on polling day the Yes campaigners prove themselves incapable of respecting democracy.
    A member of Politics.ie forum, using the name of *nemesis*, who claims to be working at Scoil Mhuire poling station in Dublin North central, has just conducted his own exit poll.
    This is disgraceful behaviour & typifies the conduct of the thuggish Yes campaign in this referendum, especially Generation Yes.
    This individual is being reported to authorities as this behaviour is not just inappropriate but probably illegal.

How did you vote?
    THUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, erm, GY?? Is he in GY? I don't get it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Do they have a complaints forum there? I am just not sure that politics.ie administrators will see it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

if i remember statistics 101 from college

one needs a sample size larger than 40-50 (from a well randomized sample of the population) to come out with a close enough approximation or something like that

anyways i wouldn't believe anything on the p.ie site, who knows it could be a NO campaigner trying to tar the opposition

:D

Also, this particular poster on p.ie, he's the 'yes' campaign is he? I don't remember electing him to represent me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

That individual deserves it too. I read it alright, and the individual said that many of the

35 didn't even respond so one wonders how the individual came to the conclusion of a

landslide yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

ei.sdraob wrote: »

anyways i wouldn't believe anything on the p.ie site, who knows it could be a NO campaigner trying to tar the opposition

:D
    It's all the same madman living in a house with a few computers, his mother and a bunch of cats as far as I'm concerned :)

By the very nature of the original post being on politics.ie, one would presume there was a thread available to discuss it? If so, perhaps it could be used...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

wow
    another new-reg NO supporter. Lads you do realise you are doing the side more harm than good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Also, this particular poster on p.ie, he's the 'yes' campaign is he? I don't remember electing him to represent me...
    Oh, sorry you missed the memo, myself and my cat Mr.K (see here) had a vote on it this morning and elected "nemisis" Yes Campaigner and ruler of the New World Order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Max Power1 wrote: »
    wow
    another new-reg NO supporter. Lads you do realise you are doing the side more harm than good?

+1

The yes side seems to have a total disregard for democratic choice - labelling people on the No side with all sorts of names. It's disgusting!

Regards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Sorry? What does GY have to do with this and why are hey thuggish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tarobot

Hello, I am from Generation Yes. Please tell me what 'thuggish' behaviour we have been up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Boards.ie isn't the place to complain about politics.ie or happenings on politics.ie. The place to complain about politics.ie or happenings on politics.ie is, oddly enough, politics.ie. I'd like to think the reverse also applies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement