Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling My House With a Special Offer

Options
  • 02-10-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All
    I am selling my house in Donegal. I am leaving for Australia in January and i really need a quick sale. I have offered to pay the mortgage for the potential new buyer for a period of one year. Basically i felt i needed to do something to entice some buyers. Anyone out there want a house in Donegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

do u have a daft/myhome ad, and where in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What if they are high income and pay of €10,000 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

makes absolutly no sense. why not drop the price by the equivelent amount same thing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

D3PO wrote: »
    makes absolutly no sense. why not drop the price by the equivelent amount same thing

Plus it would lower the stamp duty- and given the lowering of lending multiples- bring the property into the affordability brackets of more potential purchasers......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Also, I don't mean to cast aspersions on your character, but not many people would trust someone moving to Australia to continue making payments for a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

iguana wrote: »
    Also, I don't mean to cast aspersions on your character, but not many people would trust someone moving to Australia to continue making payments for a year.
    Well he could lodge one years worth of repayments to an account in the buyers name. Get a legal agreement etc.

There is a difference between lowering the price and giving a little kick back like this. Lets someone who might not quite have a deposit, buy a house. Novel idea.

But where is the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

dny123456 wrote: »
    There is a difference between lowering the price and giving a little kick back like this. Lets someone who might not quite have a deposit, buy a house. Novel idea.

But where is the house?

seriously how do you figure that ? if they dont have a deposit they wont be given a mortgage ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 baz6679

thanks all for the replies. Firstly in reply to trusting someone to make payments, this would be a 100% legal contract so there would be no worries in that score. Secondly I decided trying an offer like this in order to stimulate some interest. We all know what the market is like at the minute and because I am going away soon and have just put my house up i felt i needed to do something to generate interest. As regards high earners paying off 10,000 a month obviously there would be a limit built into the agreement.
    However if someone is interested in the house and would rather a lower price as opposed to me paying the mortgage for a year then it would be no problem. Thanks again everyone i have found your replies most helpful
    :)
    PS The House is in the lovely Inishowen Pennisula in County Donegal. Please PM me for more details

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Barry- I've editted your post- to remove your e-mail details and requested people PM you instead (or even better- put the details up in this thread).

Its a bad idea to put an e-mail address or a phone number in a thread like this- you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of spam.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

Advertisement