Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings/Packers not on telly...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

You completely missed the point of what Luckylyod was getting at?

I wasn't referencing Luckylyod's post. I was mostly talking about your posts such as:

You pay for a **** service you know fails and you have not taken affirmitive action well then you have lost your right to moan about it.

This is an American Football forum for everyone to talk about every aspect of the game. Therefore it seems to me fair game to voice our frustration the lack of tv coverage of the NFL. But everytime somebody mentions it, you regurgitate the same line that if you don't like what Sky have done then cancel the subscription. That is not an option for many people as they either subscribe for other sports, have rubbish broadband access so Gamepass is not on option or they are not the only one in their household who watches Sky.

We get it. In an ideal world everyone would cancel their subscription with Sky but that just isn't realistic.

EDIT: It also doesn't seem that gamepass is a particularly attractive option either:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=50360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I wasn't referencing Luckylyod's post. I was mostly talking about your posts such as:

This is an American Football forum for everyone to talk about every aspect of the game. Therefore it seems to me fair game to voice our frustration the lack of tv coverage of the NFL. But everytime somebody mentions it, you regurgitate the same line that if you don't like what Sky have done then cancel the subscription. That is not an option for many people as they either subscribe for other sports, have rubbish broadband access so Gamepass is not on option or they are not the only one in their household who watches Sky.

We get it. In an ideal world everyone would cancel their subscription with Sky but that just isn't realistic.

As the pot says to the kettle.

Simple fact me saying the same thing you and others works in reverse as we all with our own opinions are sprouting the same BS over and over and hence why its getting old. And no sh1t on it being an American Football forum thanks for reminding me :rolleyes:

But my point to the cancelling thing is SKy know damn well they wont lose subscribers over it so why should they care about MNF. See what Im getting at. Yes the NFL fan is losing out but Sky are still making their money. So rattling on about it and not doing anything about it will never change that fact.

I know a bunch of guys in the UK, 20 of them cancelled their Sky. They are Rugby Soccer and football fans also. So now what they do is meet up every weekend when they can and watch the games together. They adapt to the situation so it is a realistic option if you want it to be.

EDIT: It also doesn't seem that gamepass is a particularly attractive option either:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=50360

I never said it was and in fact i cancelled mine. I now just watch streams personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

And no sh1t on it being an American Football forum thanks for reminding me :rolleyes:

But my point to the cancelling thing is SKy know damn well they wont lose subscribers over it so why should they care about MNF. See what Im getting at.

Yes. I do. I really, really do. You've only made the same point a million times before. I'll give you one thing... at least you are consistent!:p thanks for reminding me:rolleyes:
    I never said it was and in fact i cancelled mine.

I never said that you did.

Yes. I do. I really, really do. You've only made the same point a million times before. I'll give you one thing... at least you are consistent!:p thanks for reminding me:rolleyes:

I never said that you did.

Consistancy is key :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Sky Sports has plenty of other sports than NFL and im sure that the NFL isnt there most watched service especially the late games hence them being the ones cancelled. As for the Red button service im annoyed about this but sure if you only have Sky Sports package for the NFL then fair enough cancel it

but shut up moaning about it god you can watch it for free online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Hasn't there been a reduction in live coverage on most of the other Sports shown on Sky?. It seems to me that looking at their listings there are much more highlight shows then before.

So it seems the NFL isn't the only League that has suffered in this regard.

Advertisement