Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 Grant

Options
  • 02-10-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know anything about 300 euro grant available from a waterford alarm co for the over 65. I was told about it but they forgot the name and i cant get the number ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Does not exist imo. I recokon if the standard price of alarms in 500 euro they charge 800 then give a 300 grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 golfer45

No i thought that too but guy told me that the alarm for this friend of a friend as 1000 for a house and they did it for 700 and they told me that it was only for 6 weeks.
    So i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

golfer45 wrote: »
    No i thought that too but guy told me that the alarm for this friend of a friend as 1000 for a house and they did it for 700 and they told me that it was only for 6 weeks.
    So i dont know

Your not being told correct information. The govt canceled all grants for the elderly and disabled the end of april so this is a private grant venture and I usually find them to be a con job. The best solution is to price around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 golfer45

No it is true just googled " 300 grant for alarm and thw munster express have an article on it on their website but it didn;t name the company on website so if anyone outthere havea copy of this week munster express may they can post their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

golfer45 wrote: »
    No it is true just googled " 300 grant for alarm and thw munster express have an article on it on their website but it didn;t name the company on website so if anyone outthere havea copy of this week munster express may they can post their details.

You should ring munster express and ask them who the article is referring too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

FYI heres the link
    http://www.munster-express.ie/business/waterford-company-re-introduces-intruder-alarm-grant-for-elderly/

I heard of company a few months back advertising an alarm system reduced from 1000 to 700 so it might just be a way of promoting the business for the same deal.

i wont name them just incase.

Advertisement