Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rent a room declaration in PAYE online system??

• 02-10-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge to share on this.

I rent out a room in my house under the rent a room scheme so have to declare the income but wont be taxed on it as its under the 10k limit for 2008. So I supposed I will have to fill in the revenue Form 11 before the end of october.

However I noticed that on the revenues PAYE online system there's a option to declare "exempt income" for 2008. Could I just declare the rent a room income there instead of having to deal with the rather long and scary looking Form 11??

I'll ring them on Monday to ask but I thought someone here might have some knowledge of this...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

Rent a room relief is not exempt income.
    There are certain incomes that are exempt - Stallion Fees, Artist's exemptions etc.
    You will have to fill in the Form 11.

The Form 11 is not that awful - you can ignore most pages, just make sure that all income is shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I suspected as much but though it was worth checking. Thanks.

Advertisement