Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options
  • 02-10-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Is anyone on Boards in it? I for one think it is a great game and that's my opinion during the beta stage!

Can't wait for the full game!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Same here im impressed with it. I thought it would end up a massive mess like Resistence 2 but its really well done. I got into a different game type last night it was allways the rob a transport one last night it was protect the intel much harder as its much more directed at one location.

Anyway im on most nigths if you want to add me ( bubs78 ) we badly need to get people together its very hard playing by your self.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Check out the other MAG beta thread for more users and psn ID's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This needs a MAG superdooperthread....please merge with the other MAG superthread,,,,to become a superdooperthread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

How come nobodies talking about the Open Beta of MAG that's out now on PSN???

It's just installing atm :D can't wait to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

L31mr0d wrote: »

I think a lot of people creeped into the other beta test anyway. Plus the fact that MAG isn't actually as good as it was apparently supposed to be (imo)...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was sick of it after 1 night. It's no battlefield.

Depends how and who you play with. If you are with a load of idiots that just run off trying to get kills you wont enjoy it. if you can get 3 or 4 of ye talking and working together its brilliant. I played bucket loads of it while the beta was up and really enjoyed it. Prefered it to the old battlefields (havent played BFBC2 yet) and MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Same with me. It took longer to download, install, download the updates than it did for me to go in, play it and realise it wasn't for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭irishman123

I downloaded the initial 37MB file...:)
    Was told I needed to update...another 37MB file...:cool:
    Was then told I didn't have enough memory on the HDD...(but I did!)...:confused:
    Deleted a couple of other game files...:rolleyes:
    Now told I'm receiving updates of 1829.70MB!!!!!!!!!...:eek:
    WTF?!?!?!?!...:mad:

BTW - Happy New Year fellow gamers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

I've been watching that 1800 mb update download for 2 hours now. Starting to grind my gears I gotta say. Better be worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I've been watching that 1800 mb update download for 2 hours now. Starting to grind my gears I gotta say. Better be worth it!

It's not.

You'll really grind you teeth when you hear the gunfire sound effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

thought as much. much as it appeared to want to be - did'nt know this dropped have not d/l'd anything from the store in a long while often forget to bother checkin it out as of late. they should put MW2 map creator tool app thing out there n get that thing proper rockin cos em maps are stale already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

It's not.

You'll really grind you teeth when you hear the gunfire sound effects.

Yup. Not good at all. Spawning so far from anything is a killer. Way too much going on to survive long enough to get a feel for the game. Jumping is awful, without a COD style vault walls are impossible to get past. Health bar system is flawed because the first aid kit takes too long to be any use. So many problems. I know its only a beta, but if those graphics are indicative of the final product... not good. Parachuting in over the pyramid thing on the sabotage level there was a lot of pop up.

And yes, the sound effects are horrible. Guns just feel... bad. Like pellet guns or something.

Won't be getting that. Ah well, I'll save a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

****... I was just about to preorder this today, I thought it sounded great. Guess I'll wait and look forward to Heavy Rain then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

god dammit , ive got it waited nearly 2 hours for update , still cant get on, keeps saying error 1.1 or something , couldn't get on at all last night, today it will just let me look at options .anytime i try to join a game error . grrr infuriating .

Yeah haven't been able to connect to a server :( will have to try it again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

+1
    ain't played for as long as you , but it feels like Battlefields ugly " cartoony" cousin .

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

seems to work fine up until about 1pm - then issues kick in as lots of folks start to connect :(

Usually disconnect, reconnect and it's fine for a game, then problems again...

Frustrating - but hey - it's still beta, so issues to be expected. Zipper mentioned on MAG forums that they are looking into it. Is probably just overloaded servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I played the beta for a good while before christmas, really enjoyed it! I think the beta will work out all the issues with the game, it will hopefully be class! 128v128 is defo gonna be a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

flynner13 wrote: »
    128v128 is defo gonna be a winner!

Unfortunately you won't actually be 128 vs 128.

They said themselves it will be smaller squads against each other all over the map so it will be more like 32 vs 32

I much prefer Battlefield Bad Company 2, the graphics look much smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Not necessarily, as once certain objectives are met, you start to defend/attack in larger numbers!

Eg. Once targets A,B,C,D are destroyed, new objectives become the target, so all the 32man squads which were attacking A,B,C,D will be attacking E,F!

Will have to wait and see as I havnt played it in a while and missed the last few updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I'd just love to see 128 people shooting at one guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    I'd just love to see 128 people shooting at one guy.

That would be class.

I played for about an hour last night. It got better as I did. I find it difficult not to compare it to MW2 at every opportunity though. I was disappointed by the weapons, I found them weak. I'll definitely give it a few more goes but as it stands I don't think I'll be buying this game when it comes out.

When you start the weapons are pretty poor ( no sights etc ) but as with all games the more you play the more you unlock. Getting a red dot sight on your gun makes all the difference. You can also upgrade armour giving you more or less protection and that allows you to change your loadout too so you can carry more or less weapons.

This game is really good once you get into it. Problem is people start it play for and hour or two dont understand whats gong on and rate it as crap. It took me about a week of playing to properly get into it since then i loved it.

If you want a game where you work as a squad and the battle field actually shifts so you get a feeling like you are actually pushing back the enemy, with multiple squads doing different missions on the one map with 256 people then this is for you.

If you want to run around getting your own kills then COD or battlefield is prob a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Played it last night, was brill, probably because somehow i finshed with the most kills ! Woot !

Played it for a while yesterday and have to agree, it's very good once you get into it. Nobody is healing anyone yet, but I'd say once people upgrade enough they'll start investing in resuscitation kits.

So far all I've got is the tactical sights and stability grip, but already it's made a huge difference.

Is there a way to meet up with people online? Or is it all just random atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Played it for a while yesterday and have to agree, it's very good once you get into it. Nobody is healing anyone yet, but I'd say once people upgrade enough they'll start investing in resuscitation kits.
    Some of us have it already :)
    Healing lots of ppl last night on SVER. Building up some nice XP.
    Is there a way to meet up with people online? Or is it all just random atm?
    Under community you can group up to 8 ppl together, or create a clan (need to be level 4 I think to create one).
    It'll show you which of your friends are online and which faction they are in. If they are in the same faction as you you can join them (if there is space), or send a group invite. You can chat when in the group as you queue up.

Yea healing people and structures gains you far more XP than killing people, Also sticking with your team (squad leader) will earn you more XP. The hardest way to rank up is to go off getting your own kills. If your job is to protect a bunker then thats what you need to do. Securing your mission gets the most XP.

This is when your load out comes in to play you can only carry a certain amount so if you take a medi kit and a structure fixing tool (cant think of the name:D) then you may not be able to carry a second weapon or grenade. Makes it interesting as everyone chooses different options.

Once you get spawn points unlocked you can set advanced spawn points that will parachute you right into the action.

If your job is to protect a bunker then thats what you need to do.

Ah... is that what those symbols mean beside your name when you are assigned to a squad. I thought they referred to my loadout.

Ok so, the crossed wrenches obviously mean I need to repair buildings, and the reticule must mean I have kill the enemies primarily... what does the radio symbol mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

I downloaded the initial 37MB file...:)
    Was told I needed to update...another 37MB file...:cool:
    Was then told I didn't have enough memory on the HDD...(but I did!)...:confused:
    Deleted a couple of other game files...:rolleyes:
    Now told I'm receiving updates of 1829.70MB!!!!!!!!!...:eek:
    WTF?!?!?!?!...:mad:

BTW - Happy New Year fellow gamers! :D

Im so glad i didnt start downloading this, i value my connection too much lol :( now i know why so many ppl on my list were "playing" this through the night lol :)

Advertisement