Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

budgemook wrote: »
    Had my first few proper games of this last night. Turns out I'm terrible at the game. I have some questions.

1: Any tips on how to be better? I got about 4 kills to others 35. I thought I killed more but thinking maybe I was lacing lads with bullets but someone else got the final shot in.

2: Where's the team work? I bought the headset thinking people would be saying where to go and talk about springing traps. All I heard was young American fools talking about how great they are and how they stuck a knife in someones face.

3: Can you get new guns? I know You have a selection of a few but I heard talk of shotguns which I didn't see.

4: What's the best faction? I'm currently with Raven.

5: I managed to get to level 4, any tips how to get my level up quicker. I suppose this will come with tips on how to play better.

I'm thinking maybe this game isn't for me. I never really played many FPS's before so it's probably just an experience thing but it was quite frustrating. I come running out from where I spawn, get shot dead and repeat. Or sometimes I lace a lad with loads of shots, he doesn't die and then bang, I'm dead straight away. Maybe something to do with armour or headshots? Any ways to avoid this sort of thing? I'm I supposed to be hiding or what?

I like the idea of the game but being so crap and getting mowed out of it non stop is very frustrating and makes me want to turn it off, puit on pro evo so I can dish out some whippings at something I'm quite good at.

Cheers.
    dont run and gun it wont work

to get new guns ya need to unlock them usin skill points, ya get 1 skill point for every level ya go up, do the trainin aswell, its worth 1 skill point
    trainin is under deploy

to use the skill points go to barracks, its to the left of deploy, press r1 once to get to skills
    there ya can see how much skill points ya have available

unlock the medikit and resuscitation to heal downed team mates, ya get 10 xp for every one and 2 or 3 for just restorin someones health

i went with SVER because a few of my friends did

if ya dont have a good squad leader it isnt as good either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Seems I have a lot to learn but thanks for the good advice. My first moves will be to see can I unlock the stuff for the medic and try to get playing with some people from here. I'll go on the username thread and add whoever I see there playing MAG. Or if people could PM me their usernames :D

Might get a chance to play this a bit tonight as there aren't any feckin soaps on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Seems I have a lot to learn but thanks for the good advice.

I'd advise deleting your current profile and starting again. It will be a lot faster to get the resuscitation kit early on and then level faster than trying to get enough skill points now for it as you are already lvl 4.

I don't really follow you? Can you explain why? And if I do could you recommend a faction to join if I do delete?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it takes an eternity to get the resuscitation tool after level 4.

I have mine in the first L2 click and I'm pretty fast with it at this stage. It's absolutely vital for holding down an area.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure I've already used this tool now that I think of it. Does it look like a needle? How would I have picked it up without knowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya more than likely have the one to heal urself, the medikit can be used to heal urself and others

I don't really follow you? Can you explain why? And if I do could you recommend a faction to join if I do delete?

The XP required to progress to the next level increases each time you gain a level. So you level pretty fast for the first few.

For example. To get to level 4 on a new profile requires ~280 XP (it's changed since the beta I think), and this will give you 4 skill points to spend, to get from level 4 to level 5 requires another 238 XP and this will only give you 1 skill point.

If you want to get the resuscitation kit faster it would be better to start a new profile, not spend your skill points on other upgrades and spend them on getting the resuscitation kit.

Don't feel bad about restarting, it actually works out a lot quicker.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    If you want to get the resuscitation kit faster it would be better to start a new profile, not spend your skill points on other upgrades and spend them on getting the resuscitation kit.
    Thanks for the explanation. I very much doubt I've spent any skill points though. Doesn't that mean I still have them to spend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

In the amount of time it takes to re-create your character and get back to that level you'll have easily got enough re-spec points to just reset your points without losing your level. Seems a bit extreme to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Love this game, so far on level 43...Will be playing more when I get back home...Will send group invite to those online..Medic is the best job I got 950xp in one game just by resusitating 27 team mates and healing, and only killed a few people..

Glad I came on here. Understand a good bit more about it now. Will be trying to play properly from now on. Cheers everybody. I'll look for some people from here instead of playing with Americans. budgemook is my PSN name, if you see adds, it's me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Starting again is not so bad if you've only played it for a couple of hours and are only at level 3 or so. I restarted as I decided to go down the medic route as recommended on this thread and found it made little or no difference in terms of levelling up or XP as you skill up pretty quickly the second time in.

If anything it felt like starting the game properly as you have a better idea of what you are doing and what route you want to take with the game. There is definitely a steep learning curve initially, especially if you are new to this sort of game but it is well worth sticking with it, for the couple of times that it all comes together and you really get the feeling that you know what its all about - the game is class.

PSN: CDB-Whoop (Raven)

Thanks for the explanation. I very much doubt I've spent any skill points though. Doesn't that mean I still have them to spend?

Well if that's the case then you are lucky. I don't know how you've managed to play this long without a tactical scope, it's an absolute must have first purchase.

After that have a look at the upgrades at the bottom of the list and you'll see the resuscitation kit. You will need to buy the medical kit first though and then change your loadout to equip it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Hi Guys, I played a few games last night and had a blast, managed to level up three times, level 9 to 12. I'm Raven and looking for a clan or people to play with regularly.

sent psn invites to theUbiq

:)

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Well if that's the case then you are lucky. I don't know how you've managed to play this long without a tactical scope, it's an absolute must have first purchase.

After that have a look at the upgrades at the bottom of the list and you'll see the resuscitation kit. You will need to buy the medical kit first though and then change your loadout to equip it.
    What's the tactical scope do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gah, interent has been too buggy to play MAG for the last 2-3 days, by the time i get back on everyone will be level 40+ :P

Gah, interent has been too buggy to play MAG for the last 2-3 days, by the time i get back on everyone will be level 40+ :P
    Don't worry, I certainly wont be :D

You know, it would probabaly make sense for any Irish Raven clans to consolidate. Maybe that's too extreme a tactic, right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm in a similar situation, plus Mass Effect 2 is devouring my time at the moment. Om nom nom nom.

Grayditch wrote: »
    You know, it would probabaly make sense for any Irish Raven clans to consolidate. Maybe that's too extreme a tactic, right there.
    I'm in :D

With the factions splitting things up even more, it just seems like any Irish Raven should be in the same clan. If things get bad, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Grayditch wrote: »
    With the factions splitting things up even more, it just seems like any Irish Raven should be in the same clan. If things get bad, maybe.

Factions splitting up even more.. Please explain..?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,328 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm in. Who do I message or add to get an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Waz the name of the boards clan again? Are people actively using it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Love this game, so far on level 43...Will be playing more when I get back home...Will send group invite to those online..Medic is the best job I got 950xp in one game just by resusitating 27 team mates and healing, and only killed a few people..

Hey I was trying to join ye guys last night but it ended up being a super fail! In case you though I was ignoring ye! :P

I'm in. Who do I message or add to get an invite?
    There is a PSN username thread. I'm going to add a load of people tonight who play MAG.

padair wrote: »
    Factions splitting up even more.. Please explain..?

I mean it's already divided enough as it is. It's not like S.v.e.r players can be in a clan with Raven players. If anyone knows anyone with clans, I guess there's no harm in asking about a consolidation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

My internet was down yesterday as well, I was disappointed as I really wanted to play some more MAG.

I played an awesome Domination game with Snorkledork on Monday, the OIC was using the squad chat to talk to every single squad at the same time to motivate us and tell us to work together. He got very frustrated towards the end of the match when we were loosing badly from people playing as lone wolves but it showed how a good OIC should act. He was saying stuff like 'I wanna see them cry as you take those bunkers' and talking about Raven superiority, typical American army motivational stuff. I know that might sound really lame but when you're actually playing an intense it was excellent, really got me into the game in a way I hadn't before. I hope as time goes by more leaders use their chat functions effectively like that.

See you guys online laters... unless I'm playing with the GAF clan.

Advertisement