Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

GothPunk wrote: »
    My internet was down yesterday as well, I was disappointed as I really wanted to play some more MAG.

I played an awesome Domination game with Snorkledork on Monday, the OIC was using the squad chat to talk to every single squad at the same time to motivate us and tell us to work together. He got very frustrated towards the end of the match when we were loosing badly from people playing as lone wolves but it showed how a good OIC should act. He was saying stuff like 'I wanna see them cry as you take those bunkers' and talking about Raven superiority, typical American army motivational stuff. I know that might sound really lame but when you're actually playing an intense it was excellent, really got me into the game in a way I hadn't before. I hope as time goes by more leaders use their chat functions effectively like that.

See you guys online laters... unless I'm playing with the GAF clan.

I may pop in and out of games as I will probably just play sabotage with other people...I will be online in about less than an hour :D look forward to ''trying'' to defeat S.V.E.R..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah that guy was motivating us well, but it was the headless chickens that wouldn't run down the left with us that got us mauled, probably. I think MAG needs to be given a pretty big chance, this could be something really big. I only got bored of MW2 only because of the awful maps and lag, this has neither.

And if we consolidated those clans imagine.. Irish Raven Amalgamation.. or, for short, 'I.R......

... scratch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah that guy was motivating us well, but it was the headless chickens that wouldn't run down the left with us that got us mauled, probably. I think MAG needs to be given a pretty big chance, this could be something really big. I only got bored of MW2 only because of the awful maps and lag, this has neither.

And if we consolidated those clans imagine.. Irish Raven Amalgamation.. or, for short, 'I.R......

... scratch that.
    Funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Gamespot Video Review

The gamespot video review is up if anyone is interested. Not very detailed tho.

Quick Q, Can you zoom in and out with the sniper rifle? I don't mean just pressing L1, I mean while you have L1 pressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

budgemook wrote: »
    Quick Q, Can you zoom in and out with the sniper rifle? I don't mean just pressing L1, I mean while you have L1 pressed.

You have to buy an upgrade for that. Standard scope on the sniper rifle isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Just had a savage 2 hr session there, people seem to be coming around to how the game should be played. Even on attack we were winning games! Aquisition is defo what I'm sticking with for now, still not sure what I'm doing in domination. Just got my hands on the ressurection kit tonight and it's mad how much it opens the game up.

I re-speced. I was one point away from the Gas Grenades and decided the Battle Rifle was the better option. One point away from that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,328 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Respeced for the second light machine gun.....it's pants :(

The Battle Rifle has a whopping HALF POINT extra damage. It did however, do the business. It's really a case of "Headhshot, Or Go Home" when you get caught out.

I played my fist match as Squad Leader. I kept setting waypoints to areas we were being raped in. I like to think it's why we won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

How do you set waypoints? It's one of those things I keep meaning to find out how to do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How do you set waypoints? It's one of those things I keep meaning to find out how to do. :pac:

As i set objectives? Go to the map and click on an objective to mark it as the squad waypoint.

I was in the one of the last games with you boys. My squad were in control of D building. Massacred, but we did ok.

All you can do is hold your own objective, you really can't do anything about the other squads and their problems. I think I love that about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just bring up the map with select.Go over the point and press X.
    If you press R1 it gives you comand attcking options like run a UAV over the area show up enemies or drop a pay load on a location clear it out before a ground assault.

i was awful at this tonight. learned a bit more about it though so will plug away i guess. i thought i bought the ressusatation pack but cant seem to select it. in barracks it is lit up but i can only arm medical pack. can anyone explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya dont select resuscitation, once the medikit is equipped, just point it at someone thats down and press r1

It also helped me last night to find out that if you hold Down on the D pad and move around, the objectives are easier to see while your in the match. I used to go to the map and try and figure out how to get there from that. Totally agree with who ever said that about sticking with your objectives.
    Unless the AA guns are down and nobody is doing squat I stick with what ever objective we've been given (Usually defend or repair the bunker).

guil wrote: »
    ya dont select resuscitation, once the medikit is equipped, just point it at someone thats down and press r1
    Ah right, I have it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

i was awful at this tonight. learned a bit more about it though so will plug away i guess. i thought i bought the ressusatation pack but cant seem to select it. in barracks it is lit up but i can only arm medical pack. can anyone explain?
    If you've purchased it is it equipped in all your weapons profiles? There is a limit on what you can have in each profile so make sure its selected, you may have to ditch something else in your weapons profile and save any changes. In game you should then be able to point the medi-kit at a downed colleague and revive him.

Some of the games last night were a bit one sided, we were up against some well organised teams but then a few others were excellent, well led and some great team-work. Sticking together and reviving your dudes is the only way to go.

by the way, can someone invite me to the boards clan.

PSN: CDB-Whoop

cdb wrote: »
    If you've purchased it is it equipped in all your weapons profiles? There is a limit on what you can have in each profile so make sure its selected, you may have to ditch something else in your weapons profile and save any changes. In game you should then be able to point the medi-kit at a downed colleague and revive him.

Some of the games last night were a bit one sided, we were up against some well organised teams but then a few others were excellent, well led and some great team-work. Sticking together and reviving your dudes is the only way to go.

by the way, can someone invite me to the boards clan.

PSN: CDB-Whoop
    No, what happened was I bought the first one and then the resuscitation kit but in my weapons profile it still said medi-kit. I thought it should say resuscitation kit. I think it just says medi-kit though as I was able to resuscitate people - Is that right?

By the way, sorry for being so crap last night. I'm determined to get good at this though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

No, what happened was I bought the first one and then the resuscitation kit but in my weapons profile it still said medi-kit. I thought it should say resuscitation kit. I think it just says medi-kit though as I was able to resuscitate people - Is that right?

By the way, sorry for being so crap last night. I'm determined to get good at this though ;)
    I'm not sure off the top of my head but if you're online later we'll get it sorted. And no worries, we'll get there - its early doors... :D

If you look extra close it says something like,'' Medi-kit used to heal and revive squad members. Players must unlock the resurrection ability.''

Its still the medi kit but resurrection is an unlock for that equipment

RAIN wrote: »
    If you look extra close it says something like,'' Medi-kit used to heal and revive squad members. Players must unlock the resurrection ability.''

Its still the medi kit but resurrection is an unlock for that equipment
    Right so, and when resurrection ability is unlocked it's brightened in the place where you unlock stuff right? I'm fairly sure I have it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im thinking he may have just had the self heal medi kit selected in his load out and not the bigger one that lets you heal others.

Im thinking he may have just had the self heal medi kit selected in his load out and not the bigger one that lets you heal others.
    No that's not it. I do have the self heal one but also the heal others. What I thought was that maybe I only have the basic medi kit for others but now I'm pretty sure I have the one that can revive people. It's just when choosing it for one of my loadouts it said "medi kit" where i was expecting "revive tool"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,328 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Everything clicked for me with this game last night. Got into some good groups with full and proper communication, found my stride with the second Raven light machine gun and got a crap load of kills with mortar strikes. It's definately a game that takes some time getting used to and without the assisted aim of Modern Warfare 2 can feer unfair or random at times but once you realise that you have to aim at their heads instead of just shooting their legs and wondering why they didn't die, you're good.

I can defo see this game becoming a staple for PS3 owners within the next few weeks. It really does provide a really unique experience. I know I keep saying it but I'm outlandishly impressed with Acquisition, being a fan of capture and hold game types its just such a well designed game mode. Sure some of the maps may be a little unbalanced but there is something for everyone to do whether your attacking or defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I haven't played since the weekend cos my internet has been down but Aquisition is defiinitely my favorite match type.

The matches I get into though the guys commanding don't actually use their mics which can be annoying, so I start talkng to the guys in my squad, telling them to team up together to get things done.

While one guy plants explosives, the rest of the squad are on look out for enemies.

I could be a squad/platoon leader as I was level 28 before I got cut off, but I don't want the responsiblity of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I can not play acqusition or domination..i never get more than 500 xp in them games whereas in sabotage i get 500-1000 xp most times (usually be medic at the frago points) i think i will join sver next week, as raven can barely win lol and i want to get the trophy:p

• Advertisement

Doesn't it allow you to have another faction character once you hit level 60?

Advertisement