Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Grayditch wrote: »
    Doesn't it allow you to have another faction character once you hit level 60?

I think you can reset your characters stats and you are able to join another faction. I am not sure about this though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was just reading there, I think you might be right. You can 'prestige' and go with a new faction and you'll have a golds star beside your name, apparently, but be back to level 1.

What a tough platinum this would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

What a tough platinum this would be.

I'd rather lick a goat's netheregions than have to platinum it!

A sick analogy yes, but also an effective one!

Still not as bad as PAIN would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Still not as bad as PAIN would be.

lol ha i managed to get 1% on pain..it is impossible..i really wish, as you said that you could just make new character after you reach lvl 60..i should know what the story is in a few days as im like lvl 51 now.. going back on now after failed attemp to get game of AvP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ok I've just checked this out.....
    ive been playing MW2....
    But from what I've read people are mixed minds.....about it.....

Im not sure what are the wepons and overall controls like? what be great to play that kinda game...

It makes Modern Warfare 2 look like Duck Hunt.

That's... not true, but it definitely separates the tactical shooter from the Arcade Frag-fest. That's grand if you like that, I know I did, but I grew tired of the many, many bad maps and no Local Matchmaking. If you wanted more from MW2, then this you're only man. The game is fun after you wade through the first day or so of confusion and frustration.

The SVER imbalance is really pissing me off. Played sver 5 times tonight and only won once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

On the 256 player games (128 v 128)

What are the game modes like?

Is there any deathmatch-style modes on them?

I'm only on level 6 and can only play 128player games (64 vs 64) but I seem to be playin the 32v32 deathmatch game more though, because...I'm rubbish at the moment lol

No Deathmatches on 256 players.

They should add some hilarious gametypes.

256 players,...on a small map... Elimination - No respawns... with pistols... and S.V.E.R only have half a squad... and their mucky guns jam at random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Mooohaha just won 3 games of aqua in a row, respeced and am now a serious bad ass!! Raven forever!!!

RAIN wrote: »
    Mooohaha just won 3 games of aqua in a row, respeced and am now a serious bad ass!! Raven forever!!!

Yep, raven do seem quite good at aqua, we beat sver in about 5 minutes tonight.

We suck at Sabotage, but that's gonna change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm actually now wondering, the 64 v 64 maps are fair huge.

Are the 128 v 128 maps bigger?? :eek:

Or are they played on the same maps as the 64 v 64 ones?

Massive! The Aqua and domination maps are insanely big. Can't believe iv never had a disconnect or a hint of Lag!!!

It makes Modern Warfare 2 look like Duck Hunt.

That's... not true, but it definitely separates the tactical shooter from the Arcade Frag-fest. That's grand if you like that, I know I did, but I grew tired of the many, many bad maps and no Local Matchmaking. If you wanted more from MW2, then this you're only man. The game is fun after you wade through the first day or so of confusion and frustration.

Oh ok..... so there's less motions sensor/camping/crap/double shotguns etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I am a poor dude so please tell me is this game worth buying? I like fps and I love online+mic!

I played very poorly today..All that coffee seemed to frustrate me...Raven are unbelievably bad in this game...Going to join S.V.E.R tomorrow if i get a few solid hours to finally get to level 60..

Anyone know where you can check your stats on net?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ah SVER dont need any more players :p seriously, especially experienced ones. Join Valor!

I have to give it to Raven, they have improved a hell of a lot the last few days. They have learned how to defend their Sabo map- push! Also theyre using a lot of poison gas, a lot of it effectively so.
    Theyre also getting better attacking Valor.
    Although thats incredibly easy when you know how no matter what anyone says. C is horrible to defend when the attackers know how to get in there.
    You need to push on defence of Valors map at A and B, a pair in the church at A does nicely too but not many catch on to that.

Oh ok..... so there's less motions sensor/camping/crap/double shotguns etc?

There is none of that really, team work is the only way to gain an advantage.

Motion sensors don't bother me in MW2, replace that with Thermal Snipers :mad:

• Advertisement

There is none of that really, team work is the only way to gain an advantage.

Motion sensors don't bother me in MW2, replace that with Thermal Snipers :mad:

telll me abut it :mad:

is it fast paced? mag that is..

Very fast paced. Its tactical so I can promise you now that its as far away from MW2 as you can get. I averaged about 30 kills per game in MW2 I'm lucky to get 15 in a game of MAG, mostly because I stay back defending or healing squad mates.

Watch the Gamespot review to get an idea of whats going on. IGN's review ain't bad but a little too critical.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Ah SVER dont need any more players :p seriously, especially experienced ones. Join Valor!

I have to give it to Raven, they have improved a hell of a lot the last few days. They have learned how to defend their Sabo map- push! Also theyre using a lot of poison gas, a lot of it effectively so.
    Theyre also getting better attacking Valor.
    Although thats incredibly easy when you know how no matter what anyone says. C is horrible to defend when the attackers know how to get in there.
    You need to push on defence of Valors map at A and B, a pair in the church at A does nicely too but not many catch on to that.

Dude are you playing the same game as me lol..They are constantly laying back from securing points then leave it all to me..I secure it, get raped by Sniper and I am the only Raven person for about a hundred feet lol..

Dude are you playing the same game as me lol..They are constantly laying back from securing points then leave it all to me..I secure it, get raped by Sniper and I am the only Raven person for about a hundred feet lol..

Sabo maps ain't my thing but I do find myself getting pwoned a lot in those games. Aqua lads!! All the way. Raven have defo improved, the difference in the game since last week end is phenomenal, we beat the crap out SVER a number of times last night. The Sabo maps kind of breath campers because everyone is running towards a fixed point.

Sabo maps ain't my thing but I do find myself getting pwoned a lot in those games. Aqua lads!! All the way. Raven have defo improved, the difference in the game since last week end is phenomenal, we beat the crap out SVER a number of times last night. The Sabo maps kind of breath campers because everyone is running towards a fixed point.

Ahh but I can't get as much points in Aqua as I can in Sabo...Usually get 500-1000xp in Sabo and would just about get 500 xp in Aqua...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,327 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Man, getting into a bad group can really put you off things. Twice last night I was doing Domination with squad leaders who had no mics, refused to Frago anything and as a result it was 30 minutes of being mown down. They really need to introduce a ban on people without mics becoming leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Man, getting into a bad group can really put you off things. Twice last night I was doing Domination with squad leaders who had no mics, refused to Frago anything and as a result it was 30 minutes of being mown down. They really need to introduce a ban on people without mics becoming leaders.

This^^

Game sucks bad when your squad leader is an idiot. Which is alot of the time.

#Daniel wrote: »
    This^^

Game sucks bad when your squad leader is an idiot. Which is alot of the time.

I agree with the Ban on leaders without mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Must get back in MAG over the weekend. My trigger finger is getting itchy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Sure there are lots of sabo games running at once. Looks like were both unlucky :p I was getting used to winning on Raven sabo map :p hehe..

Advertisement