Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I made up this little ensemble after playing tonight with the lads.

magq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ankh98

#Daniel wrote: »
    This^^

Game sucks bad when your squad leader is an idiot. Which is alot of the time.

Agree completely... although even worse than a squad leader without a mic, is a squad leader without a mic and a squad composed of french chatting away to each other in french and not even trying to retake the objective we lost about 5 mins into a game of sabo.

Easily the worst game i've had the displeasure to be involved in so far

Even swearing at them in French (the only french i know) was doing nothing to get them in gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I had good fun with this over the weekend. Still getting the hang of leading, need to communicate more and stuff, but not doing too badly. Had my first shot at being Platoon leader last night and actually made an effort to communicate with squad leaders to co-ordinate our defense and for the most part they listened which really opened up a whole new aspect of the game to me. I'm definitely going to start putting a bit more effort into developing tactics for any squad I'm leading and opening up communication a bit more rather than just assigning targets and occassionally saying "Good job!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have to give it to the French. They can talk for the entire duration of a match, to themselves, without a breath or break.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have to give it to the French. They can talk for the entire duration of a match, to themselves, without a breath or break.

Had a game there at lunch time and came across that. Drove me nuts, they weren't even bothering with the objective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I had good fun with this over the weekend. Still getting the hang of leading, need to communicate more and stuff, but not doing too badly. Had my first shot at being Platoon leader last night and actually made an effort to communicate with squad leaders to co-ordinate our defense and for the most part they listened which really opened up a whole new aspect of the game to me. I'm definitely going to start putting a bit more effort into developing tactics for any squad I'm leading and opening up communication a bit more rather than just assigning targets and occassionally saying "Good job!"

Just work on your drunk driving now :P i got knocked down by some lunatic flying around in a APC obviously full of dutch gold the other night....

Just work on your drunk driving now :P i got knocked down by some lunatic flying around in a APC obviously full of dutch gold the other night....

Lol, yeah I always switch out of the driver's seat these days! Don't trust myself. The annoying thing is that even if yer just crawling along it'll still run the person over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Grayditch wrote: »

They were probably just trying to surrender.

They were probably just trying to surrender.

Well, judging from the game i was in. They didn't even join the fight in order to be in a position to surrender.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

what clan are you guys in? just got mag yesterday and had first game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

anyone want to add me, guil07

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ocallaghan12

Hi guys
    Im in Valor
    PSN is ocallaghan12
    and i have made a clan ''Ireland ftw!'' i know its a sad name, but the callsign in [IRL] so not too bad.
    feel free to add me it would make it much more fun to play with some Irish people than some Germans who dont shut the F up and Americans who think everyone eles is crap and they are the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I levelled up past 15 at the weekend and unlocked leadership abilities. Brilliant craic, I have only won one game as leader but my Squad always get their job done :p If people act the bollocks I vote to kick them but for the most part people seem to welcome a bit of direction. Game just gets better and better!!

bryanmurr wrote: »
    what clan are you guys in? just got mag yesterday and had first game today.

Raven : Boardsroughnecks is the clan

Anyone wanting an invite if you add me Bubs78 to your friends list ill be able to send you a clan invite (you may need to remind me)

Dude, can you re-invite me if you get a chance. It erased my clan affiliation when I erased my character, that time.

Cheers, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

guil wrote: »
    anyone want to add me, guil07
    forgot to say i'm SVER

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

forgot to say i'm SVER

Boouurns:D

Add myself (genisis87) if you're a member of Raven. Am part of the Boards clan so I can invite you to join...if you want

forgot to say i'm SVER

GET HIM!!!

RAIN wrote: »
    GET HIM!!!

We could try but we'd never get through his map. :P

Raven obliterated S.V.E.R in a game of Attacking Sabotage I was in yesterday. We planted charges at C and gassed the absolute life out of the room and building until the timer ran out.

Great feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Weird.

Valor here.
    I also had that last night, i was in a good squad, i assume the other squads were good too. We actually took the SVER sabo in about 10 minues (i know not amazing) we had none of the usual idiocy of players throwing themselves at the front line. The attacks were varied and co-ordinated. Shocking stuff. Very sweet its a rare win.

Although i have to say i think the SVER players in that particular match were awful. They seemed to get ahead of themselves and tried to push way up to our spawn, fooled by the fact most of the platoon was flanking i guess, ironically i dont blame them.

SVERS Aqua map is the worse by far, played a game last night where not one squad out of 128 people took one bunker! I was squad leader and we tried EVERYTHING to get the bunker on the far right open. Used the transport as spawn, took the path behind the wall. 4 stood back healing while others tried to plant the C4. Seemed like a solid plan. No, massacre every time.
    Infact its so bad that even coming around the corner of your spawn is a hassle. The turrets from ALL the four turrets can reach that corner if you spawn on the right hand side. Plus SVER dudes are so confident in their win that they rush out past their gate with snipers to pick dudes off at that spawn. ITS A JOKE. I think I'v only won on that map maybe once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Really loving this game so far. The satisfaction when you hold off wave after wave of attacks in sabotage is immense. The game really rewards good team play, communication by the squad leader is key and your medics are invaluable.

The upgrade path seems to be much more satisfying than say unlocking perks and weapons in Call of Duty, even though it takes much longer to gain the points and re-speccing can only be done at set intervals. All in all it is a fantastic game best enjoyed in a team. If you haven't already done so join the boardsroughnecks clan.

The teamwork aspect of this game is the real clincher.

Whilst i enjoyed COD:MW2, for a while, (and have played every COD released to death) the teamwork in MAG eclipses other multiplayer FPSs IMO. The frantic every man for himself, has been replaced by frantically looking around or asking for a medic in a close game, or telling people not to heal you when you know there's a couple of guys waiting round the corner waiting for the medic to heal you. To requesting someone to go along with you to watch your back whilst you repair the AAA gun to prevent the nonstop stream of paratroopers or bombing runs.

There may be a limited number of maps, but you never play the same game twice on the same map. The teamwork, or lack thereof sees to that.

Will we try to get a squad game going sometime this week ? Ill drag myself away from mass effect 2 for a few hours if we can get 4 or 5 people on MAG before bioshock 2 arrives.

All are welcome no matter how good or bad you are dont worry we dont take it too seriously, just dont frag your own spawn point :D.

I need to drag myself away from Mass Effect 1. Haven't even started 2. I need some faceshoot action tonight, I think.

Will we try to get a squad game going sometime this week ? Ill drag myself away from mass effect 2 for a few hours if we can get 4 or 5 people on MAG before bioshock 2 arrives.

All are welcome no matter how good or bad you are dont worry we dont take it too seriously, just dont frag your own spawn point :D.

Sounds like an idea to me... I've had the GOW collection sitting on the shelf since last Monday and it hasn't been out of it's box thanks to this game. I think i might be a little bit hooked, dare i say addicted :eek:

Or knife your squad leader as you leave the spawn point, like some muppet did to me last night!

Right lets say 7:45-8pm ish ? If your coming on later you can just join us. If you need a clan or group invite message me or one of the other guys ( PSN : Bubs78 )

Lets go roughnecks, you wanna to live forever ??? I need to stop watching starshiptroopers :D

I've been roped into a game of Risk, tonight.

Risk trumps all. I might be on later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I has training at 7.45, not sure if i'll be going or not yet though. Mag and the fact that i feel like sh!t combined might be enough to make me stay at home :D

Advertisement