Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I've decided im getting the game ......

what kind guns can you get? or do you not get to choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I've decided im getting the game ......

what kind guns can you get? or do you not get to choose?

Depends what faction you start with. All 3 factions start with 3 different guns(Standard assault rifle, sniper and machine gun). As you level up you gain skill points which you can use to "buy" new weapons. There are usually 2 other variations of the weapons you start with (so there'll be 2 new assault rifles to unlocks, 2 new snipers etc.). So about 9 weapons per faction if ya look at it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Depends what faction you start with. All 3 factions start with 3 different guns(Standard assault rifle, sniper and machine gun). As you level up you gain skill points which you can use to "buy" new weapons. There are usually 2 other variations of the weapons you start with (so there'll be 2 new assault rifles to unlocks, 2 new snipers etc.). So about 9 weapons per faction if ya look at it that way!

There's also a shotgun and light machine gun. Levelling up the weapons makes a great improvement to them I think, loving my level 2 assault rifle at the moment.

The Metro Herald today said that MAG had 'average gunplay', I've heard that said before, what does that mean? Maybe I'm an average gunplay kind of guy because I love the guns in MAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

**** didn't realise ye were on tonight. I picked up Bioshock 2 anyway and was playing that. Cat sat on my PS3 remote at some stage turning it on, so I wasn't just lurking ignoring ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

NotorietyH wrote: »
    **** didn't realise ye were on tonight. I picked up Bioshock 2 anyway and was playing that. Cat sat on my PS3 remote at some stage turning it on, so I wasn't just lurking ignoring ye!

Excuses excuses....:p

My excuse is that my connection keeps losing its DSL connection but I'm working on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I cant get on till thurs nite but I'm planning a marathon session then.
    I'm in the boards clan, psn: nailhammer.

Raven FTW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Sent a request to Bubs78 for the Roughknecks! Had a few games last night, nearly on level 20. How do you get the extra apparel? Helmets etc? do you get something at level 20?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Excuses excuses....:p

My excuse is that my connection keeps losing its DSL connection but I'm working on it...

Lol, I save that excuse when I am actually lurking and ignoring! :P

I usually wake up to find my PS3 on after my cat's flopped down on top of the blu-ray remote on the bed next to me. I've become an expert at turning off the PS3 with the remote without actually opening my eyes or turning off the tv!
    RAIN wrote: »
    Sent a request to Bubs78 for the Roughknecks! Had a few games last night, nearly on level 20. How do you get the extra apparel? Helmets etc? do you get something at level 20?

When you select your armour there's slots underneath. Like where you select the attachments for yer weapons.

Lol, I save that excuse when I am actually lurking and ignoring! :P

I usually wake up to find my PS3 on after my cat's flopped down on top of the blu-ray remote on the bed next to me. I've become an expert at turning off the PS3 with the remote without actually opening my eyes or turning off the tv!

When you select your armour there's slots underneath. Like where you select the attachments for yer weapons.

Thanks dude, you just blew my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

In the armoury -> loadout profile, its a selection on the armour page. you can scroll through the different gear available to you.

• Advertisement

Thanks dude, you just blew my mind.

No worries, I'm just waiting until I hti level 40 so I can get sunglasses!

Argh just noticed in my earlier post I meant to say 'turn on' the tv, not turn off. Grrr. Damn pre-coffee brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got to Level 60 with Raven, then I left them and joined Valor :D...Really did not like Raven at all...Hope Valor is better, aint played with them yet will play later on...

Got to Level 60 with Raven, then I left them and joined Valor :D...Really did not like Raven at all...Hope Valor is better, aint played with them yet will play later on...

Any time I've played against Valor they seem even less organised and less willing to advance than Raven, so I'm guessing you're going to be even more frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What are the weapons like in Valor? I'm sticking with the light machine gun in Raven and I havnt a clue how the other guns handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I usually wake up to find my PS3 on after my cat's flopped down on top of the blu-ray remote on the bed next to me. .

Thats just your cat trying to rank up while your asleep. ever wonder who keeps changing the sights on your guns !!:D

Jesus dude! Why didn't you go with SVER? I don't think I'v ever lost to Valor. Plus there Aqua map is SO unbalanced against them.

PS TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus dude! Why didn't you go with SVER? I don't think I'v ever lost to Valor. Plus there Aqua map is SO unbalanced against them.

PS TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha I know I should have, but I plan finishing with S.V.E.R getting all gold trophies...Ha I betrayed SVER in the first place :p Was with them both times in beta...

Played Domination last night, was the Company Leader and didnt have a notion what the heck was going on lol...:rolleyes:

Ha I know I should have, but I plan finishing with S.V.E.R getting all gold trophies...Ha I betrayed SVER in the first place :p Was with them both times in beta...

Played Domination last night, was the Company Leader and didnt have a notion what the heck was going on lol...:rolleyes:

I haven't a clue whats going on in Domination. I think thats probably the main problem with that game mode :) I play Aqua but hope to join the big boys in domination once I have a freekin clue whats going on. I wish there was a little more community support going on, I wish there was a dedicated Raven site where tactics are discussed and training videos uploaded etc. Or even an in game training ground(thats better then the one given) or at least objective maps etc that could be made by high ranking members of each faction.Maybe there is sites there but I'm too lazy to look this minute.

I haven't a clue whats going on in Domination. I think thats probably the main problem with that game mode :) I play Aqua but hope to join the big boys in domination once I have a freekin clue whats going on. I wish there was a little more community support going on, I wish there was a dedicated Raven site where tactics are discussed and training videos uploaded etc. Or even an in game training ground(thats better then the one given) or at least objective maps etc that could be made by high ranking members of each faction.Maybe there is sites there but I'm too lazy to look this minute.

Domination is pretty much just an extension of aqua really but your not trying to rob APC's but you have to do the same prtect/capture bunkers, cooling towers burn off towers etc.

As with all the game types if people do there job and nto run off its quite enjoyable, usually though everyone runs off then in 2 mins you have lost all yoru bunkers and are just in the middle spawn point trying to battle your way out for 25 mins until you loose.

this link has some vids that may help some folk.

BTW did you get the clan invite ?, i got the friend invite sent you a clan one so hope you got it.

Anyone else still looking to join let me know, i can only invite you to a clan when you are online playing MAG other wise it doesnt let me send invites for some reason. So if your still missing an invite message me.

Ill be on again tonight if anyone is around for a game.

Any time I've played against Valor they seem even less organised and less willing to advance than Raven, so I'm guessing you're going to be even more frustrated!

Yeah I kinda figured that out after my 1st game on SABO...Idiots held back hole time, was capturing B and one of the lads was near me i was shooting some dude he got me and other lad stood still and got killed...I then put in my mic and told everyone to rush in and stop standing outside doing nothing, some listened the others didnt...We managed to lost but I got 400+ xp without my medic kit..

I do not know why everyone doesn't have medic kit/ ressucitation add on...Like seriously it should be the first thing you buy as it gets you the most XP compared to killing people...

What are the weapons like in Valor? I'm sticking with the light machine gun in Raven and I havnt a clue how the other guns handle.

They aint so bad, I prefer them to the Raven goes as love the M4A1 and the 1st machine gun for Valor...Yet I did love the Raven machine gun which you are using now...It would be the best setup in my opinion..

• Advertisement

Was looking forward to getting online this weekend as it was "fixed" on thursday but unfortunately my internet connection is still cack at the moment.

I'll have a word with the landlord tomorrow to see if he'll reset the router.

Hopefully that should sort out my DSL error...hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Hi, got MAG yesterday, loving it so far. I've joined SVER, is there any boards clan?
    PSN : decnug

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Picked up MAG today for 25.99 used in smiths.
    A good few people have returned this game but its costing 45.99 used in most shops.

Just turned on the ps3 now so johnnyb84 is me.

After reading the whole MAG thread start to finish in work today I have decided to go Raven with you guys.
    I Had wanted to go sver but that would make things easy:D
    Im sening an invite to bubs so i hould be on a bit this week.
    Wont be able to get on in the evenings to much but during the day Ill be about.

Any major starter tips?

skapegoat wrote: »
    Picked up MAG today for 25.99 used in smiths.
    A good few people have returned this game but its costing 45.99 used in most shops.

Just turned on the ps3 now so johnnyb84 is me.

After reading the whole MAG thread start to finish in work today I have decided to go Raven with you guys.
    I Had wanted to go sver but that would make things easy:D
    Im sening an invite to bubs so i hould be on a bit this week.
    Wont be able to get on in the evenings to much but during the day Ill be about.

Any major starter tips?

First off, welcome to Raven.*

The one major starter tip I can give you is that when you first start leveling up, spend your points on resuscitation. That will give you a major EXP boost during matches. Every kill is worth 5 EXP, every resuscitation gives you 10 EXP. You can also heal teammates giving you a further boost.

Another tip is that if you stick to a group of players rather than go Rambo (like we all like and tend to do) you will win more often and get more EXP.

If you have a mic then use it. Most people I've come across don't but tend to listen to you if you tell them to do something. It can also encourage more people to turn their mics on which helps an awful lot.

But beware of them foreigners...they like to have long winded conversations and do their own thing

*I would add you to the boards clan but I'm currently out of action:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Thanks for the tips!
    I played a couple of games on sat evening and got destroyed but I can see the potential.
    I got the madic kit and the resuscitate kit with my first few skill points and that helped a bit.
    I have one more skill point so should I get a flash hider or an aim grip?
    I was barred from the ps3 for valentines day.... Unfortunate!

May get on a bit more later today, think Iay go the medic assault route?
    But the sniper route also interests me, which does the clan need more???

Thanks again.

I was looking forward to getting a few games in this weekend, but our internet died for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get on tonight.

My internet is still kinda dodgey as I get signed out every now and then but I'll be on tonight if anyone is up for a couple of games

I might be, i need to get back into it mass effect took all my time last week 26 hours to finish it ! Bioshock 2 is dissapointing me ill soldier through it but im not getting the same buzz from it.

Same position as you! Im on the last boss of Mass Effect 2, level 22 on MAG and Bioshock ready to go in to my PS3. Plus Flower and the Bad Company Demo just incase I have a chance to breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Been playing the sh1t out of this the past week or so. Still getting my head around the numbers, spot 1 guy aim and get shot by 5 other guys. But am really liking it. Is it me or is the heavy mg waay too good, started using it lately to great sucess. Personally i don't think it should have any accuracy at all if you're standing up holding it.

Advertisement