Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Been playing the sh1t out of this the past week or so. Still getting my head around the numbers, spot 1 guy aim and get shot by 5 other guys. But am really liking it. Is it me or is the heavy mg waay too good, started using it lately to great sucess. Personally i don't think it should have any accuracy at all if you're standing up holding it.

Yeah its pretty good esp if you have the stock attached, I tried using the SMG the other day and not only does it run out of ammo mighty fast, it can take a full mag to take someone down! Still think its an amazing game. Won my 2nd victory as team lead last night. What a feeling, esp when the squad do what you ask and are somewhat great full for the leadership. Have yet to win a game of domination, always starts off good only to end in chaos. Finding it hard to go back to MW2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Have to headshot to stand any chance with the SMG. Is th shotgun any good, thinking of going for it instead of the last assault rifle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MAG version 1.02 out today. Nice touch.

http://blog.mag.com/blog/2010/02/patch-alert-mag-v1-02/
    Hey folks,

Our latest MAG patch has a consistent theme that goes along with it — Medical Support. Taking your feedback into consideration and playing countless games ourselves, we’ve made a number of adjustments to elements that surround the Field Support class which should help you steer through the battlefield more effectively. These fixes will also clean things up for players of other classes who don’t have a need to see who is hurt and who isn’t.

To be specific, we’ve eliminated the onscreen medic icon from anyone who has a Medical Kit and have instead changed it so that only those who have the Resuscitation Kit sport the cross next to their name. Moreover, we’ve also hidden the “incapacitated” icons for downed players from everyone but those who can help them — cleaning up the screen quite considerably — and have added in some distance counters so that you know how far you have to travel before arriving at the injured.

The patch will automatically download on February 17, 2010 at 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT and weigh in at about 40MB for the initial patch installer, with an additional 55MB for the patch itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Nice indeed, love the distance to a downed ally indicator.

They must be saving the balancing fixes for an uber update in the (near hopefully) future.

Nice indeed, love the distance to a downed ally indicator.

Defiantely nice, nothing worse than rushing around a corner to find its about another hundred yards on in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Update sounds good to me

If only I could get my blasted internet connection up and running:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Hi I'm fairly new to this game (lvl10) and and I'm already getting annoyed by squads separating and doing their own thing. Are there any people on Valour here that I could play with?

I had a mic but it broke so I will have a new one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi alpomb

I'm in an Irish Valor clan (IRL) Irish Elite.
    Now none of us know each other and dont take it too seriously
    Your welcome to join is alpomb your psn name ?
    Johnwayne106 is mine just friend request me saying your from boards abd i'll invite ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

It is fairly annoying alright when your squad does a runner but it happens in every faction. Generally I find that if your squad leader is pretty good and sets FRAGO's and issues verbal commands etc the squad tends to stick together that bit more. That said sometimes your teammates just wanna go Rambo and run off in all directions no matter what and there is not much you can do about it bar leaving the game. These games are becoming less and less frequent though as most people realise that when you stick with your squad it is easier to accomplish your set objectives. Like most online games and not just MAG, there are some good games and some bad ones but when you get a good games and it all comes together it is simply fantastic - for me it outweighs the bad by a longshot. Oh, and get the mic sorted, it makes all the difference especially when you get to leading a squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

cdb wrote: »
    Hi alpomb

I'm in an Irish Valor clan (IRL) Irish Elite.
    Now none of us know each other and dont take it too seriously
    Your welcome to join is alpomb your psn name ?
    Johnwayne106 is mine just friend request me saying your from boards abd i'll invite ya

Ya that's my PSN I should be on later tonight and I'll add you then.

J-W wrote: »
    Like most online games and not just MAG, there are some good games and some bad ones but when you get a good games and it all comes together it is simply fantastic - for me it outweighs the bad by a longshot.

I've played one or two games where the squad stuck together and as people where dying this other guy I was doing the revivin' (and getting the odd kill) and it was so much fun. Moving up the battelfield as a group. We had a really vocal platoon leader then as well so that helped a lot.

I would just like it to happen more often tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Bah stupid Eircom, my connection kept dropping out in the middle of games over the weekend, yet I kept playing. The most frustrating was when I was playing the first game of domination I've enjoyed and was kicking as in, and then internet died with 2 minutes to go, killing my XP along with it.

Still didn't deter me from playing it all weekend! Totally addicted now, despite getting immensely frustrated with it occassionally and losing my headset :P

I think I played for about 10hours yesterday. Had some savage games, platoon leaders coming on over the air giving directions to Squad Leaders people defending bunkers the way they should, others squads helping out when your bunker was being swarmed etc etc. I respeced with Gas grenades shotty and RPG. I'm murder on the dance floor!

The only bad thing is each faction seems to have their niche, Valor on sabotage, Raven on Aqua and Domination belongs to the swines SVER. I love Domination but its so rare that you can win on offense against SVER very frustrating.

What really kills me with S.V.E.R is you call in the heli's and they could'nt be put in a worse position, most of their arc of fire covered by pipes or a placed building. Waay too much cover on the SVEr maps. Finally got an attack on a Raven dominaion and we over ran it in 7 minutes. you'd be doing to well to get 4 of the 8 towers unlocked in the SVER map.

Ya, I know what you mean, but why even on aqua do I either get Defense or attack on SVER? Like I said I played for hours yesterday and Id say we went on offense on Valor maybe twice! Always offense on SVER? Whats that about?

RAIN wrote: »
    Ya, I know what you mean, but why even on aqua do I either get Defense or attack on SVER? Like I said I played for hours yesterday and Id say we went on offense on Valor maybe twice! Always offense on SVER? Whats that about?

That's weird, I was mainly attacking Valor yesterday, well actually was mainly defending ours, but if I was attacking it was usually Valor. Jumped into one of yer games once. Was going to invite you to group, but my connection was dropping it didn't seem worth it. Should be sorted out by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Lost connection on a few games last night, with UPC which is usually reliable enough so maybe the problem was with the MAG servers. Had a few games where the squad leader was useless, wouldn't set objectives and didn't have a mic so couldn't give orders. He was getting plenty of abuse from the team but wouldn't step down.

It would be great to have a vote option to change the SL, instead of having to start a vote to kick him. Kicking him no matter how bad leaves the squad a man down. Even giving the Platoon Leader the option to change a particular Squad Leader based on their effectiveness would be an improvement. Its a pain in the ar$e having a poor leader with no overall objectives, the team gets fragmented and everyone quits leaving you even worse off.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    That's weird, I was mainly attacking Valor yesterday, well actually was mainly defending ours, but if I was attacking it was usually Valor. Jumped into one of yer games once. Was going to invite you to group, but my connection was dropping it didn't seem worth it. Should be sorted out by the end of the week.

Boo. Will get some games in soon enough :cool: I love attacking Valor, their Map is so hard for them to defend :P its great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Filthyevil

playing as Raven, want to join clan. Name: Filthyevil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Worst thing is the noobs who think your doing a bad job as squad learder. Was playing a game of Aqua the other day with a team of about 5 level -10s. Had 2 other level 30s. We defended our bunker, i set waypoints to protect the AA and the gates as well as surrounding bunkers. None of them ever fell throughout the whole game. 5 minutes to go the newbs try to kick me. Wtf?? They also tried to kick one of the level 30s.

Worst thing is the noobs who think your doing a bad job as squad learder. Was playing a game of Aqua the other day with a team of about 5 level -10s. Had 2 other level 30s. We defended our bunker, i set waypoints to protect the AA and the gates as well as surrounding bunkers. None of them ever fell throughout the whole game. 5 minutes to go the newbs try to kick me. Wtf?? They also tried to kick one of the level 30s.

Probably thought they could get the achievement for winning as squad leader by booting the highest ranked dudes. Or maybe they just didn't have a clue :P Love being squad leader on defense. Highlight of the game IMO!

• Advertisement

Filthyevil wrote: »
    playing as Raven, want to join clan. Name: Filthyevil

Sent clan invite to you just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive cleared the back log of games so i should be on for a game or two in the early part of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I shall also be returning to MAG this week as I have now made Demon's Souls my bitch. My internet was kinda dodgy all weekend anyways so I probably wouldn't have been having fun getting disconnected.

I impulse ordered a set of Turtle Beach P21s after playing with my Xbox Turtle Beach headphones on for a while. Have misplaced my headset, and damn does the game sound good through headphones. I'll be incommunicado in games until they arrive though. Should be here by the end of the week. I'm not applying for leadership roles while I don't have the headset either. There was a couple of times last night though that I wanted a headset so bad to berate a few idiots, though probably for the best that I didn't!

Good headset, i'm using them myself at the moment.

Good headset, i'm using them myself at the moment.

Cool, good to hear. Always afraid of buying stuff on impulse without researching them a whole lot! Have the X1s for my Xbox so assumed they'd be pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Sorry if this has been asked before ,but I dont want to have to go through the whole thread as it is a pretty long one.

I was wondering is there much communication in-game via headsets etc? It seems to be a game that requires communication more than other games (from what I have read anyway). In general PS3 multiplayers tend to have little communication outside of active clans (something I actually appreciate a lot ocf the time), so just wondering if MAG is similar in that respect.

Not much really, you ight get 1 or 2, every now and then you'll get into a squad where 3-4 will communicate, or in my case 3-4 talk, you're squad leader and the 3 talking are german with not a word of english.

sarumite wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before ,but I dont want to have to go through the whole thread as it is a pretty long one.

I was wondering is there much communication in-game via headsets etc? It seems to be a game that requires communication more than other games (from what I have read anyway). In general PS3 multiplayers tend to have little communication outside of active clans (something I actually appreciate a lot ocf the time), so just wondering if MAG is similar in that respect.

There's a fair bit of communication. I'm struggling to think of a game I've played where there wasn't at least one person talking over a headset. The handy thing about it though is that while it's definitely an advantage, it's not completely necessary as the squad leader can set objectives and waypoints easily enough which should give a clear enough idea of what he wants done. That's a big help when you consider not every one may speak english too. Pretty much every one who is talking seems mature enough and I have yet to come across someone blaring music or being excessively abusive down the mic or anything. Most people jsut give updates on enemy locations and the like. It is a lot better when a squad leader has a mic though, jsut so he can warn where he's laying down Mortar attacks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

NotorietyH wrote: »
    There's a fair bit of communication. I'm struggling to think of a game I've played where there wasn't at least one person talking over a headset. The handy thing about it though is that while it's definitely an advantage, it's not completely necessary as the squad leader can set objectives and waypoints easily enough which should give a clear enough idea of what he wants done. That's a big help when you consider not every one may speak english too. Pretty much every one who is talking seems mature enough and I have yet to come across someone blaring music or being excessively abusive down the mic or anything. Most people jsut give updates on enemy locations and the like. It is a lot better when a squad leader has a mic though, jsut so he can warn where he's laying down Mortar attacks etc.

When the squad leader sets objectives and waypoints where do I see these?

Advertisement