Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ankh98

budgemook wrote: »
    When the squad leader sets objectives and waypoints where do I see these?

There will be an announcement like "protect that bunker" or "get charges on that gate". Also an icon will appear in the top left corner (i think it is) showing what objective has been targeted. I think that's all, i'm sure it'd be shown on the map screen when you hit Select, but i'm rarely in that screen so can't say for sure.

Edit: There's also an icon which appears in the main view, similar to the icon for a downed team mate, showing the direction and distance to the specified target

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Also if your stuck you can hold 'down' on the d-pad and you can move between objective on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Have the developers acknowledged the unbalanced issue yet? Even to say they're aware of it or anything. I thought it was annoying at first, but just played two seperate games of Sabo against Sever there where they were easily able to pin us back at our spawn point for the entire 20 minutes, if yer in Alpha squad attacking A I think it is.

It has gotten even worse now because it's at the stage where about half the team quit when they see what the map is and you're left with a completely depleted force trying to engage in what was already a completely fruitless attack.

They really need to sort it out fast before people just start abandoning entire game modes. Valors Aqua map seems to easy to attack too and I think the Raven Domination map is, not a hundred percent sure on that one.

My worry is that the developer's think it's fine and have no intention of trying to fix it. I'm usually the last person to whine about balance issues as I think a lot of the times they're not necessarily true, but this is pretty blatant.

Still a great game though. A flawed gem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Don't worry dude, the devs have already metioned it a lot in interviews, they have confirmed they have more patches coming. The also referred to MAG as a platform so from that I gather that it'll be supported for quite some time. My guess is we'll see both free and paid DLC soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My mate is having a lot of trouble with MAG connecting to a game after joining. he usually has to quit and try again or just doesnt join. he's on UPC, anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    Don't worry dude, the devs have already metioned it a lot in interviews, they have confirmed they have more patches coming. The also referred to MAG as a platform so from that I gather that it'll be supported for quite some time. My guess is we'll see both free and paid DLC soon enough.

Yeah I was thinking there of what they could do for DLC, it'll have to be pretty extensive whatever it is, even one pack would have to have three maps for each faction. It'll be interesting to see how it develops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »
    My mate is having a lot of trouble with MAG connecting to a game after joining. he usually has to quit and try again or just doesnt join. he's on UPC, anyone else have this problem?

I did last night. Would finish about 1 in 3 games, getting disconnected in the other 2.
    Turned off the firewall in my router today and no disconnections yet...F1ngers (:p, see what I did there) crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

GothPunk wrote: »

They need to hurry it up and they need to look at the SMG's im getting sick of a guy so far away i can just about pick him up with a 4x scope being able to nail me with a head shot from a SMG before i can put him down with a assault rifle or HMG which seems to take 4 or 5 hits to kill them.

They did some work on clearing up the screen alright with medic's etc they do seem to be listening to the community which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Totally gutted with the last Valor heavy machine gun upgrade, ridiculous recoil in it compared to the other. Only effective with the bipod. to be honest i think the heavy mg should be like this anyway.

My worry if they do try to level the playing field is that they'll nuke S.V.E.R all together. seen it done on games before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »
    F1ngers wrote: »
    I did last night. Would finish about 1 in 3 games, getting disconnected in the other 2.
    Turned off the firewall in my router today and no disconnections yet...F1ngers (:p, see what I did there) crossed.

I think I spoke too soon, had a few disconnects late last night.
    With UPC broadband issues, (see here) I think they are trying to fix up their mess.

• Advertisement

Cheers man, I'll pass it on.

Guy I was playing with disco'd a few times and I actually had a little lag last night :O. First time ever in MAG, but I also had trouble with the BC2 demo last night so I think their may have been some PSN probs last night on top of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

i got it the day before yesterday, im only on level 7, its sooo hard to level up at the start! im getting killed straight away most of the time. dunno wether to stick with it or just give up altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Im getting this soon(its in the post) what faction should i start with

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

Raven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ankh98

ianflynn wrote: »
    i got it the day before yesterday, im only on level 7, its sooo hard to level up at the start! im getting killed straight away most of the time. dunno wether to stick with it or just give up altogether!

Any one on here will tell you it's got one hell of a learning curve. If you've come from COD and other FPSs you will have to change your behaviour in game. There's no point legging it from place to place, you will struggle to achieve anything in the game.

When you start getting skill points the best thing to do is move your way up the medic tree. You will be able to resus. team mates, not only will this make you a better team member, but it will give you more XP than killing people (5XP for a kill vs 10XP for resus)

Obviously the game isn't for everyone, but give it a bit of time and you'll at least be able to say whether it's really the game for you or not. Instead of throwing in the towel before even getting the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Just won attacking SEVR's sabotage map for the first time there. Had never even seen their point C before, and i'm level 26 so played a good few games.

Is there many in the boards clan? Can someone fire me an invite?

EGriff wrote: »
    Just won attacking SEVR's sabotage map for the first time there. Had never even seen their point C before, and i'm level 26 so played a good few games.

Is there many in the boards clan? Can someone fire me an invite?

I'll send ya an invite there when I log back in, didn't realise you weren't in the clan already lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

anyone lookin to join a clan for sver, have a look at ps3-leagues.co.uk/forum, all the regs are a bit potty but dont take anythin to heart

i'm a mod there and i'll invite whoever wants to the clan

mods i hope this is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I really didn't get into the BETA , taught it was a load if shi*te to be honest , mind you never played with a organized squad .

So had you a similar experience to me on the BETA only now to find the full release alot better ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

mixednuts wrote: »
    I really didn't get into the BETA , taught it was a load if shi*te to be honest , mind you never played with a organized squad .

So had you a similar experience to me on the BETA only now to find the full release alot better ?
    yeah i only played the beta 3 or 4 times and thought it was crap, sayin that though i only played cod4 at the time

Had a good game with Notoriethy and Gothpunk last night, although I didn't realize we were playing together until the match was half over!

Playing offence against Valor is way to easy :p

RAIN wrote: »
    Had a good game with Notoriethy and Gothpunk last night, although I didn't realize we were playing together until the match was half over!

Playing offence against Valor is way to easy :p

Lol yeah, had a couple of great games last night. Sorry 'bout the group thing, we were in the queue for ages, eventually got into a cracking game of Aqua defending though. We got the 'fun' bunker. The one on the far right of the second platoon I think. The one with the stairs beside it up to a higher level where they constantly attack. Tough to defend but we had it well sewn up last night. We were basically camping Sever's spawn point which was refreshing. Nice to give them a taste of what it feels like!

Got a supressor for my assault rifle. Had to give up my grenades, but I think it's paying off. Makes is much easier to defend when they're not sure where the shots are coming from. Also got an acoustic locator so can see them coming a bit earlier the odd time.

Level 53 now, will hopefully hit 60 before Heavy Rain on Friday. Was going to try and organise a big boards night for the weekend, when I have my new headset and new glasses after losing the former and breaking the latter last weekend! I imagine most will be playing Heavy Rain, me included, so not sure this weekend is the best.

Getting Review copy of Heavy Rain tonight so I'm booked for the weekend. I do feel very fluie though so may play it all day tomorrow, beat it and then go back to MAG for the weekend. I find the Heavy Machine gun with stock the best. My number 3 load out is custom build for defending.
    Shotty, heavy composite, Gas Grenades Rocket launcher and frags moooohahahahah. Spawn, throw 2 Gas grenades then refill in the bunker and repeat. Then my number 4 has resi and repair, Heavy Machine gun and a t shirt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Damn Mass Effect 2!! It's soaking up my time like a sponge! Really wanna get back to MAG :P

Damn Mass Effect 2!! It's soaking up my time like a sponge! Really wanna get back to MAG :P

You won't, not until you literally do everything you possibly can in Mass Effect 2 and start your 2nd playthrough. That's what happened me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

"Jack, come back! Come back! Jack! Come back! *sob sob*"

Yeah get your ass back in the game, I like playing with you. It's not the same without all the negativity! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't worry! I'll be back to judging Raven's performace as below average quicker than the average person can finish Demons Souls!

I played for a couple of hours there. My mate and nephew are decent at this so I added them to the clan if that's ok. Raven are not on form today. No sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 PS3 HERO

:Dthis game is crazy

Advertisement