Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It was chaotic on our end too, which is ho i racked up the 51 kills! I'd be shooting someone, they'd drop down dead and I'd kill the person that was standing behind them too. Was running and gunning like a maniac. I love the optical scope now, I just had to get used to not looking down the sights if I was close to someone, as that was throwing me off. Now I run and gun up close and aim for further away and it's working alright for me.

Optical scope is definitely the way to go for long range. Up close I just shoot at the bastids using the cross hairs. I re-specced my character again so I could try out the third assault rifle and I'm fairly disappointed with it. The only thing it has better than the ATAC 2000 is that it has slightly more damage.

Will re-spec again when I have enough XP. Also thought the third sniper rifle was pretty poor. Great at stopping people but only 5 rounds per mag is very poor. 25 rounds overall left me pegging for the re-supplies fairly often.

Gonna wait til I get to Level 60 and the change over before going for the heavy machine gun. Loving the assault rifle too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

First time back on it since the patch came out last night. To be honest i really did'nt notice any difference with the MG's in the game. altho i did like the ability to take down the bunker turret with the bazooka, came in handy when attacking SVER maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

There's not a huge difference, I've just found more people using assault rifles, don't mind getting picked off by them from a distance! The submachine guns still seem a bit too accurate from a distance. There may be another patch at a later date, they don't want to totally nerf everything, probably take it in small steps just to try and find the right level.

In other news my headset arrived on Monday and the mic is defective so I'm still sans headset. Very frustrating, have to send it back so there goes all the money I saved on postage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I like all the new changes, there more of a refinement then a change but they do help. Sver's maps are still horrible to attack if you don't have a solid team but the single tone beep that goes off before your bunker blows is endlessly useful!

RAIN wrote: »
    I like all the new changes, there more of a refinement then a change but they do help. Sver's maps are still horrible to attack if you don't have a solid team but the single tone beep that goes off before your bunker blows is endlessly useful!

I imagine it's a lot harder to change maps than tweak weapons and stuff. I'm not sure we'll ever see the maps change unfortunately.

I was thinking about DLC last night and I think they only way it will work really is if they release a compeltely new game mode, so that would have one map for each faction. Either that or it's going to be a Zones type situation where it's the same map for everyone and you just fight for control of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I imagine it's a lot harder to change maps than tweak weapons and stuff. I'm not sure we'll ever see the maps change unfortunately.

I was thinking about DLC last night and I think they only way it will work really is if they release a compeltely new game mode, so that would have one map for each faction. Either that or it's going to be a Zones type situation where it's the same map for everyone and you just fight for control of it.

You 100% right I don't know why I mentioned the maps. I think if Zipper wana win the hearts of many many MAG heads they should release 3 new free maps for at least domination and Aqua. I wonder what the implications would be on the servers if they released paid for DLC maps that only some people bought?

What they could do (its very very unlikely) is swap the maps around, use this as a shadow war story arc and have Raven trying to win back their map and the others doing the same!? I just blew your mind, didn't I :p

You 100% right I don't know why I mentioned the maps. I think if Zipper wana win the hearts of many many MAG heads they should release 3 new free maps for at least domination and Aqua. I wonder what the implications would be on the servers if they released paid for DLC maps that only some people bought?

What they could do (its very very unlikely) is swap the maps around, use this as a shadow war story arc and have Raven trying to win back their map and the others doing the same!? I just blew your mind, didn't I :p

Lol, that actually sounds pretty cool. I'll get to experience the other side of it soon enough anyway, I'm at level 58 now, would probably be 59 if I hadn't spent hours trying to get my ehadset working last night. Going to stick around at 60 for a bit though, don't want to go to the darkside alone, so might wait for a boardsie or too to cross over with me! now if you'll excuse me I have tto scrape my brain off the wall behind me after my mind being blown!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Sver's maps are still horrible to attack if you don't have a solid team but the single tone beep that goes off before your bunker blows is endlessly useful!

That being said though, i beat SVER for the first time on their domination map there on monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

That being said though, i beat SVER for the first time on their domination map there on monday night.
    Yeah but that's only because I was there to help you. :rolleyes:

That sucks about your mic NotorietyH :( You never found the other one?

We gaming tonight guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'm sick of the SVER domination map, i've only attacked the Raven domination map once.

• Advertisement

I'm sick of the SVER domination map, i've only attacked the Raven domination map once.

Attacked Raven?! Boooo:pac:

I'd be gaming with you guys but as you are all too aware my internet cuts out during the week, so the weekends are best for me.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Yeah but that's only because I was there to help you. :rolleyes:

That sucks about your mic NotorietyH :( You never found the other one?

We gaming tonight guys?

Lol nope, it went in the general direction of the most cluttered and darkest corner of my room...I think, I've torn the place apart looking for it, so don't have a clue where it is. My joke theory that my cats stole and sold it is now become the most logical theory about where it's gone! I'll have another look late. Definitely up for a few games later. Trying to hit 60 tonight!

Lol nope, it went in the general direction of the most cluttered and darkest corner of my room...I think, I've torn the place apart looking for it, so don't have a clue where it is. My joke theory that my cats stole and sold it is now become the most logical theory about where it's gone! I'll have another look late. Definitely up for a few games later. Trying to hit 60 tonight!
    Good stuff, I'll be on after I've cooked something. I'm trying to hit 60 asap as the OH's little brother has gone veteran and is waiting for my to go veteran too before he starts playing again. He's Jasper-_-Jones if you remember playing with him. I can't remember what faction he went but whichever one it was that's where I'll be going.

Got my 1000 deaths medal on Monday, I wonder how many kills I have, 600 probably, ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate that your little brother sounds at least half my age and is at least ten times better at this game, haha.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I hate that your little brother sounds at least half my age and is at least ten times better at this game, haha.
    He's a complete beast at the game, yeah. He's wracked up hundreds of hours with MGO. I think he's about 15, I'm sure there are plenty of gamers around his age who are much better than us at the game. He's the kind of player that if he's in your squad he can make a team go from failing to winning. :pac: He often gets 1000XP in games and is the highest in a game of Domination. I guess he's gifted. I feel bad for him though waiting for me to get to level 60 as it took him about a week and a half and it's going to take me about 2 or 3 months by the looks of it. Ah it's great being young and having so much free time!

I definitely need to get back into this again. Probably tonight.

I definitely need to get back into this again. Probably tonight.
    It'd be cool if you and I, Wolfie and NotorietyH were all on at the same time, that'd be a half a squad right there.

It'd be cool if you and I, Wolfie and NotorietyH were all on at the same time, that'd be a half a squad right there.

I'll be on for most of the night, defo after 7. Our internet is very dodgy at the mo' so that might be the only thing that could throw a spanner in the works for me. Are any of ye thinking of picking up Bad Company 2? Tempted myself but might just have a bit of a MAG weekend.

I has one problem about tonight, i have a midterm physics exam in the morning, i'm very tempted to wing it and play MAG tonight (and thereby failing tomorrow) as it's only worth 10% of my total marks for the year, then i also feel obligated to study...

Hmm...

I has one problem about tonight, i have a midterm physics exam in the morning, i'm very tempted to wing it and play MAG tonight (and thereby failing tomorrow) as it's only worth 10% of my total marks for the year, then i also feel obligated to study...

Hmm...
    How about we talk physics whilst we play? I only took physics at Leaving Cert level, but wahey, there's a Shadow War to be fought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Should have this by the weekend, I also should have a wired lan connection to my room sorted too so for probably the first time I wont have wireless lag to blame!

Anyone have any tips on how to approach the game first, to be honest I havent read a whole lot about it, in fact I only read bits and pieces from this thread!

I'm trying to drag some people on for tonight. We might even get to hatch a plan or two.

Does this use the Havok engine? Just pretend you were researching that, Wolf.

Should have this by the weekend, I also should have a wired lan connection to my room sorted too so for probably the first time I wont have wireless lag to blame!

Anyone have any tips on how to approach the game first, to be honest I havent read a whole lot about it, in fact I only read bits and pieces from this thread!

I'd start off just sticking to sabotage for a while, gets you used to it fairly quickly. Then progress onto Aquasition, and stick with that for a while, that'll get you used to the set up of games with differing objectives. Try to stick with your squad and follow your squad leaders FRAGO orders as much as possible. That is if they give any. If not the general rule of thumb is bunkers! Either defend yours or attack the closest one to ya! If you want XP fairly quickly, after you get a sight for your gun, upgrade your medical gear so you can heal and revive.

EDIT: On a side note I'm searching frantically for my wireless headset and still have yet to find it. At this rate I'll have spent more on headsets than I did on the console! If you take in Rock Band peripherals I've well spent more than I have on the console!

EDIT again: FOUND IT!!!! Just have to charge it and may not make it one as I have to reorganise all the guitars, drum pedals and general mess that I moved in order to find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im back from my hols but i dont think ill get on tonight unless its quite late. Thursday or Friday ill be on allright.

HELLOOO, ATAC WITH A SCOPE! late-Pass, I know.

Think I might even re-spec again, and give up the Battle Rifle and Grenade Launcher, ... which isn't very good, for better Nurse Betty equipment.

HELLOOO, ATAC WITH A SCOPE! late-Pass, I know.

Think I might even re-spec again, and give up the Battle Rifle and Grenade Launcher, ... which isn't very good, for better Nurse Betty equipment.

I thought the battle rifle was awful compared to the ATAC, but I would keep the grenade launcher. Can come in handy when you're in a tight spot. I can regularly take-out groups of 3-4 with a single grenade.

If you re-spec, go the assault route and get the grenade launcher but pass on the battle rifle. I already have the upgraded health/resus so I might get some sniper upgrades. That's what I plan to do this weekend.

Read that too late, I'm afraid. And for the third time in a row, I unlocked the F90 primary gun instead of the ACTUAL side arm machine gun. I did get the shotgun, improved repair and resuscitation, which I want to try out. I have another Re-spec in about 200 points time, so it's not so bad.

HELLOOO SHOTGUN, too. Probably no use outside suppression and maybe Defending in Sabotage.

How about we talk physics whilst we play? I only took physics at Leaving Cert level, but wahey, there's a Shadow War to be fought!

Seeing as it's an online test, about 50 of us took just got the questions and worked together on it and got the answers. I'll quickly do it after a bit to eat and them i'm ready for some MAG!
    Does this use the Havok engine? Just pretend you were researching that, Wolf.

If only i had thought of that last semester, our lecturer then was only mad for Havok.

• Advertisement

Was out there with family, just back there now, headset charged, trigger finger itching (though that could just be crabs). Will be on MAG anyway if anyone's around.

Advertisement