Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Its a great game, just because theres a big download shouldnt mean its a deterent ! If anything it will be better !

Two questions:
    How do you throw a grenade and how do you heal people.
    They dont seem impressed with me squatting over them while they are bleeding out !

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

eddhorse wrote: »
    Its a great game, just because theres a big download shouldnt mean its a deterent ! If anything it will be better !

lol you could be right there but i think its quelled my curiousity for it more than anything. its a bit irritating that you cant do anything else on the ps3 while games are updating so that is the true deterrant imho lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Two questions:
    They dont seem impressed with me squatting over them while they are bleeding out !

Well to heal people you need to buy the upgrade, not sure what heading the upgrades are under in the main menu, but you should find it fairly easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Two questions:

lol... I had the same problem, crouching over people trying to use my medkit on them and nothing happening. Healed myself while squatting over someone, they probably thought I was rubbing it in, lol.

You select your grenades with L2 then throw them the same way you fire (with R1)

You have to purchase the ability to resuscitate allies in the armory menu (I think). It's a fair amount of investment though, I've been putting my first few skill points (gained when you level up) into making my weapon of choice better.

I'll probably concentrate on my healing upgrades next if the XP bonus is good. The faster I can level the faster I can upgrade.

My only real gripe thus far, and I suppose I am not immune to it yet due to never really playing console FPS's is the Americans... man they aren't half annoying, one guy kept calling everyone with a foreign language a "****** nazi" :confused:, then there was another guy who would detail every minute aspect that led up to him being killed that was unfair every time he died "so I shot him, I swear, like, 20 times in the head, and he didn't die, he's cheating, then he gets me with a headshot, even though I'm a mile away behind 4 buildings."

I think I'm going to connect my headset just to tell them to shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Yea you need to upgrade your medi kits to allow you to heal others then you just pull it out and aim and shoot them same buttons as a gun.

Ill have to have it on screen to show you where to go to upgrade but a little searching around the menus will get it. I remember it being a little bit hidden you had to go into a menu 2 or 3 clicks to the left of deploy then into another tab from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

So what faction is everyone in? I'd be great to get a Boards group going - I don't think we really have the numbers to bother making a clan but by adding each other as friends we can all easily join a group and always be in the same squad.

I'm still in Raven btw. Getting some good use out of my mic. :/

GothPunk wrote: »
    I'm still in Raven btw.

I'm in Raven also. PSN name is: leimrod

Think im SVER i haven't played in a while but i can change to raven since thats what the others are.

Each faction has different weapons and armour too. Gives it one more thing to think about.

Downloading it now... really shouldn't have deleted it after the closed beta ended...

Will be Raven btw.

I think ill have to update it a bit tonight hopfully we can get a few of us on in the next few nights. Its so much better when you dont have to listen to american idiots. Just irish ones instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

What's the deal with the crumby " Miami vice" style music at the start of each round?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I'm in Raven also. PSN name is: leimrod
    You're already on my PSN list and so is Wolfie, the Rev and I think Edd as well, that's over half a squad already. Is anyone level 10 yet so we could have a squad leader?
    Think im SVER i haven't played in a while but i can change to raven since thats what the others are.

Each faction has different weapons and armour too. Gives it one more thing to think about.
    I should have tried some of the other factions, I always just stayed with Raven. Will you have to start back at level one when you join Raven?
    mixednuts wrote: »
    What's the deal with the crumby " Miami vice" style music at the start of each round?
    I like it. :pac:

GothPunk wrote: »
    You're already on my PSN list and so is Wolfie, the Rev and I think Edd as well, that's over half a squad already. Is anyone level 10 yet so we could have a squad leader?

I should have tried some of the other factions, I always just stayed with Raven. Will you have to start back at level one when you join Raven?

Think after the last update i had to start all over again so i dont mind ranking up again i wont loose much, It would be worth it to get on a decent squad. Im on the way home now so i ll start it updating see if it can get it done by tonight. Ill send a few invites to the others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Just joined up there. Raven. No clue whats going on.

I'm close to level 5 at the moment. Shouldn't take you more than a few hours of play to get to level 10. However, I'm saying this now I don't want to be a squad leader, think I'm going to specialize as a medic and acting as support for the grunts.

Plus, I tend to abuse power if I'm given it :o I was once made the temporary leader of some clan in the browser based game Earth: 2025 when the real leader went on holiday in RL, needless to say the whole clan disintegrated within a week and my country was destroyed by everyone else that defected. How exactly this happened I won't go into but at one point someone said "So it was you who destroyed my girlfriends country, why would you do that, she actually cried" :D

Just logged on for the first time in this beta, not a mic to be seen/heard in the squad. This is gonna be a pain in the ass.

So is anyone up for a bit of this tonight? Say 8ish?

I'll play for an hour or so about 8. I'll add you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

gonna check this out due to immense boredom

.. d/l initiated. report back in a few days

Phew that was a difficult first game back, hadnt played in months and had to start at rank 0 again. Had forgotten all the buttons blew myself up with grenades once too often or swaped guns when i wanted to shoot :mad::D

Still an ok night we should get better with a bit more practice together.

anyone know how I can unload the pistol? Stupid that it seems to be mandatory. I want to map my rifle and medkit to R2 and smoke and repair kit to L2 but it won't let me.

Aiming feels spongey, for lack of a better word. Unless I'm prone it really is a pain. Hopefully I'll quickly get 2 more skill points so I can start healing my team.

• Advertisement

I had a great time playing today, yet I'm still finding that every second game squads just don't know how to stick together and stay near the objective. One game the squad leader was camping near the spawn, sniping away, whilst I had to set the objective. :/ Only other problem was when playing Domination (256 players) with Wolfie, leimrod, Bubs78 and another guy on my friends list was that we all got disconnected simultaneously. Maybe they're still having server issues?

At least I wasn't experiencing any lag with so much going on around me, it was very impressive such a large scale battle. We did great holding point H for so long before we got disconnected.

When you've got a good squad leader and platoon leader, the game really excels, it's a great experience. When everyone is running off thinking it's COD doing their own thing, it's not as much fun.

I'm now very close to level 11, resussitation kit really helps rake in the XP. :D Once I'm level 15 it'll be nice to try my hand at being a squad leader.

Yep, quite a good session tonight! However a bug that annoys me is that if for some reason your party get's split into differenty squads in matchmaking, after the game your party stays split, not major, but get's annoying! They need to enable voice chat in the party lobby before you get split into squads, the way it is atm you can't discuss what mode you want to play etc. Have to say, once yo get into it it is quite fun, however if you don't have a decent platoon leader and more importantly a decent squad leader, the game just turns into a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Sounds good lads. Im waiting on PS3 refurb back from Sony, so hopefully il be on in next few days! Was really enjoying the beta before Xmas! Just need to pick up a sony headset and It will be all good!

Everyone playing Raven?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

flynner13 wrote: »
    Sounds good lads. Im waiting on PS3 refurb back from Sony, so hopefully il be on in next few days! Was really enjoying the beta before Xmas! Just need to pick up a sony headset and It will be all good!

Everyone playing Raven?

Unless you get it back today...beta finishes on the 10th..iirc.

Seriously considering getting this on release now.

Wrote my impressions about it on my site:
    I think it sits in that grey area between an RPG and an FPS that I’ve been looking for. It’s actually what I imagined WoW was going to be before it was released, an MMO version of the RTS Warcraft where humans control each unit in a battle and the results from those battles allow you to level your character.

The XP and bonus system is also a good way to give people an incentive to follow their leaders and also to play as a squad. At first I didn’t really like the lack of a killcam but on further thought, a killcam encourages a player to go off and play on his own, hunting down individual enemies that shot you, which really isn’t the point, it’s not a deathmatch game. The distance to the spawn point was also a gripe, but, again, if you are playing in a proper squad with medics and leaders you shouldn’t need to respawn as often as you should get resuscitated. The distance to the spawn also is a deterrent to spawn camping.

I’ve a few gripes still though:
    1) The inability to throw back grenades is a pain. It makes holding a capture point redundant as a few grenades in the door will kill everyone or force everyone to run out into enemy fire.
    2) Group comms need to be enabled outside of the game lobby and in the group menu itself
    3) If I can cancel a reload by switching to my pistol I should be able to cancel a reload by using a melee attack also. The amount of times I’ve died in close quarters because my clip emptied and I’ve been forced to run around bunny hopping waiting for my reload animation to finish.

But overall it’s impressive. Definitely a day one buy for me I think.

Definitly agree with the knife whislt reloading and the grenade throwback. However i don't get how it sits between a FPS and an RPG, surely that's Borderlands? For me it sits very much so in the FPS category. :P

Don't think it'll be a day one buy for me, might wait a week a two and see what everyone's opinions are after the hype has died down.

However i don't get how it sits between a FPS and an RPG

Well a personal upgrade tree and a levelling system, as well as personal character customizations are aspects of the RPG genre.

I was looking for a game with the character development of an RPG but the gameplay of an FPS (or TPS)

Played a few games of this last night. Annoying that you can't switch the controls to use the rear shoulder buttons to fire.

Not sure what to make of it, didn't use the mic though cause i have a cold and didn't wanna be coughing into it every 2 seconds.

No lag at all from what i saw, which is good since i usually get some in MW2. Don't think i'll have enough time to get to level ten to try out the other game modes before the beta ends so i think it'll be a rental for me to try before i buy.

BFBC 2 is still top of my most anticipated list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

haha.. i spent about 12hr downloading only to delete after 4min

Massive Action Game really is bad as the title suggests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Sounds like you didnt give it much of a chance Star Bingo

Advertisement