Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yea it doesnt matter how many you have on your team you have to wait for both to fill up. The DLC is impossible to get into a game was on the other night only 64 on each team sat for 10 mins it got up to 68 people on the team when i quit for a game of domination.

Not sure if you agreeing with me or not, but you need to have both teams fill up and as the larger team is not in demand as much they have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure if you agreeing with me or not, but you need to have both teams fill up and as the larger team is not in demand as much they have to wait.

I think i am :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They have kinda ****ed up with the DLC. First off, it was a bit dear for what it is. I didn't mind, they patch it all the time and release free stuff. Now nobody is playing it, either because it's not good or not enough people have it to get regular games, if any games at all. It'll be free with next month's Plus package not doubt :)

Mag has the potential to be (more) incredible. They should release limited-time game types like Faction deathmatches just for a weekend or something. On the inderdiction maps, maybe. They look great.

They missed the boat with the DLC i think it should have been out in March 2 months after when people where stil playing to give it a boost. But a combination of charging for it waiting for so long and making it a hectic game style put people off. I still hear people in domination talking about it so people have bought it but like me they prefer the tactical aspects of domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How is Mag now? I was well into it at launch before BFBC2 came along and seemed to do everything Mag did, only better. Is the community still there? How easy is it to get big games?

• Advertisement

Does BFBC2 have 256 players working within a chain of command and tactical waypoint/objective plotting system?

How is Mag now? I was well into it at launch before BFBC2 came along and seemed to do everything Mag did, only better. Is the community still there? How easy is it to get big games?

What battlefield did you get i got a horrible average chicken head shooter :p

Still has a good lot for the normal game types the DLC is a failure though.

the DLC is a failure though.

Ah, it is like MAG.

Unless you had started talking about MAG, there...

There seems to be Double Xp on Directives. I've been getting loads of games of Interdiction, presumably, as a result. Nothing makes Interdiction better like Double Xp. It's not so bad actually. I'll be rid of this SVER outfit soon and back to Raven with me, this time a Vet twice over ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Actually loving the game, unfortunately can't play it too much (keep having to go back and forth from the house I've got the ps3 in), wishing I'd bought it sooner, it seems rough at first, but it's really superior to the other modern team shooters, in scale if nothing else.

Did randomly get kicked from a team once, had no teamkilled, had a decent ratio, was a bit odd, oh well, I'll murder them next time I see them :pac:

I just turned Veteran for the second time last night. Back to Lvl 26 on Raven. I couldn't face trying out Valor. I want my SVER Battle Rifle back :(

This is such a hugely underrated game, albeit one littered with as many, if not more idiots than other shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

You can now earn Double XP for all Directives matches in MAG, just complete the game you are assigned to and the double XP is awarded in the summary screen.

Checking the MAG blog it says that the Directive double XP bonus will continue until further notice. Great for leveling up and unlocking extra goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I think the new patch is out today for this?

Im currently level 31 on Valor trying to get back to SVER. If anyones on Valor and still playing me, add me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I think the new patch is out today for this?

From MAG.com:
    Head’s up MAG fans! The next in-game update is just hours away, as MAG v1.07 will be available to players all over the globe starting tomorrow, August 12.

If you missed our post about v1.07 a few weeks back, then you should be happy to learn that our latest patch is crammed with sweet new additions that make the game even more fun than it was before, including…

* A new “Happy Hour” Double XP bonus that’s applied to the first hour of any player’s gameplay session in a 24-hour period
    * Suppression will join Sabotage as a “Faction Neutral” gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map!
    * Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way
    * Updated versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps
    * New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments
    * Various fixes to address bugs or glitches to improve MAG’s overall performance
    cdb wrote: »
    You can now earn Double XP for all Directives matches in MAG, just complete the game you are assigned to and the double XP is awarded in the summary screen.

Checking the MAG blog it says that the Directive double XP bonus will continue until further notice. Great for leveling up and unlocking extra goodies.

You get 4x as happy hour and directives bonus are stackable:
    From here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/27/mag-v1-07-available-early-august/#comments
    poodude | July 27th, 2010 at 10:03 am

So if I join a Directive during the “Happy Hour” does that mean I get like 4x the XP I would normally get?

Jeremy Dunham | July 27th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

The Directives bonus and Happy Hour XP bonuses do stack, yes.

Anyone having problems getting the update today?
    Keep getting error "Cannot communicate with server. Please update to latest version."

EDIT: Mentioned on another site that there is server maintenance to update map changes. Will check back in a while so.

I'll have to hit 60 again with Raven this weekend.

I hope they fixed Valor's sniper shotgun.

See this thread for updates with regards to server issues: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/MAG/New-MAG-Patch-Incoming-1-07/td-p/11197456/page/6

Full patch notes:
    Patch v1.07
    Available August 12, 2010 | 38MB (TPPS), 142MB (DLS)

Gameplay

* “Happy Hour” XP Bonus has been added to give players a 100% XP bonus for their first hour of gameplay every 24-hour period
    * All “Suppression” mode maps can now be attacked by all PMCs
    * All “Sabotage” mode maps can now be attacked or defended by all PMCs
    * Added functionality that allows each game mode to have its own unique XP bonuses
    * Fixed bug that would sometimes delay the proper initial spawn times.
    * Repaired bug that sometimes inverted a player’s control scheme following a parachute drop
    * Reduced helicopter settle time and significantly increased health to strengthen their use as a forward spawn point
    * Slight increase to bunker turret damage vs. vehicles

Weapons

* Shotgun overhaul with reduced maximum, effective and headshot ranges; small increase in magazine size, shot spread, and shoot speed following reload (12 Gauge Pump, Boudini 12 Gauge, T-195)
    * Increased initial magazine count for Sub-Machine Guns, Assault Rifles, and Sniper Rifles
    * Slight decrease in reload time for KP5 Sub-Machine gun
    * Updated Light Machine Gun muzzle flash effect and increased reload time by 15% (MK46 Mod0, Apex 100, RTK-74)
    * Increased reload time by 10% for Medium Machine Guns (KP45 MG, MK43 Mod 1, PKP MG)
    * Slight decrease in crouch-fire spread for AK-74U Assault Rifle
    * Minor increase in fire-spread for ATAC 2000 Assault Rifle
    * Pistols are now held closer to the center of the screen (M9, F57, IZ-443)

Map – Alyeska Terminus

* Repaired glitch in which players could walk through the wall on into Vent Station F without destroying the gate
    * Fixed bug that made snipers laying prone on the balcony of the “Great Wrangler Café” immune to damage
    * Various collision and art fixes that prevent players from gaining access to areas that were not intended to be accessible

Map – Flores Basin Transfer

* Remapped all Objectives to more closely match other Domination missions
    * Extended to roof cover for Objective buildings in Platoons 1 and 3
    * Added cover to railing in Platoon 1 building for additional Defender-side protection
    * Added additional roof panels to Objective buildings in Platoons 2 and 4
    * Added roof cover to the Defender spawn exits
    * Removed some cover located on top of the boats in Platoon 2 to improve AAA and bunker sightline
    * Changed the access points leading onto the AAA boats in Platoon 2
    * The flank route on the left side of Platoon 1 has been cut off
    * Partially obstructed segments of the flank route on the right side of Platoon 1
    * Added more sightline obstructions between the Objective building doors and the Defender spawn exits in Platoon 3
    * Blocked the direct sightline at Objective B
    * Added sight-line obstructions at Objective C and G buildings
    * Reduced the number of access points that attackers have in all Objective buildings
    * Repositioned Bravo bunker in Platoon 2 to eliminate long sightlines on multiple Attacker spawns
    * Repositioned Delta bunker in Platoon 2 to improve AAA sightline and give Attackers better spawn protection
    * Pulled back the tank traps in Platoon 1 to the Defender’s side of the bridge
    * Various collision and art fixes that prevent players from gaining access to areas that were not intended to be accessible

Interface

* Added display to all game mode queues that show the current XP bonus attached to that queue
    * Added countdown timer to Bleedout screen to show how many seconds are left before the player’s next PMC spawn wave begins
    * Fixed display issue with “Sabotage” wherein the incorrect number of player dots were shown on the mode side-panel

Audio/ Visual

* Improved lightmapping effects for Alyeska Terminus and Flores Basin Transfer Domination maps
    * Added “surface” sounds when driving vehicles to reflect what kind of terrain is being driven on

Technical

* Updated patching technology to allow for smaller patch sizes when updating maps
    * Repaired crash bugs associated with spending too much time in the CNI or being killed via headshot while using it
    * Fixed display issue that resulted in dead players appearing to “float” above the location in which they died
    * Fixed bug that prevented Squad Leaders from receiving points for destroying enemy vehicles with air strikes
    * Various localization updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Just my luck... finally sit down to play MAG as the new patch is out and the servers are borked!

I'm very happy about this patch, and not just because of the potential quadruple XP :pac:. The fact that you can now see the spawn counter as you're bleeding out will be very helpful. Funny how little things like that can make a game better.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Just my luck... finally sit down to play MAG as the new patch is out and the servers are borked!

I'm very happy about this patch, and not just because of the potential quadruple XP :pac:. The fact that you can now see the spawn counter as you're bleeding out will be very helpful. Funny how little things like that can make a game better.

That was a killer just when you needed to change your gun you got spawned in 3 seconds if you wanted to get straight back into it it was always up around 17 seconds!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How big are the updates? I have a DL limit these days and would rather not go over it!

• Advertisement

How big are the updates? I have a DL limit these days and would rather not go over it!

No idea yet, server is still down.

That's crappy about the servers. Seriously though, fair play to this crowd for constantly tweaking this game based on user suggestions. I can't wait for the 3-way faction gametype and the new guns. Awesome game when you get yourself into a good clan who play regularly.

It's 550MB.

Downloading it now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's 550MB.

Downloading it now. :D

Eek, Bit too large for my liking :P

Will have to wait til i'm home in september :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

The new patch has some great features. The happy hours is a nice addition giving an XP bonus for the first hour's game play in a 24-hour period. The Directives bonus means more players in the queue so you spend less time waiting for directives games to begin. I'm a big fan of MAG so really appreciate the continual improvements the patches bring.

I really got to get back into this game, but its not as much fun without people you know. Used to have some great games at the start not its hit or miss if you get onto a good team or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Well MAG has sucked me back in. This new patch has made the game much better for me. So Grumpy I should be on a lot more than I have been for a while so give me a shout if you want a game. I should be level 60 on Raven soon so I think I'm going to go Valor next.

Well MAG has sucked me back in. This new patch has made the game much better for me. So Grumpy I should be on a lot more than I have been for a while so give me a shout if you want a game. I should be level 60 on Raven soon so I think I'm going to go Valor next.

I'm playing through as Valor now (lvl 30), I know I don't have a mic(broken) but there is very little communication by Valor. Is it always like this?

Flying through the levels with the 4X experience...:D

Also, what's with trying to kick leader at the very start?:confused:

My experience with the factions differs a lot. SVER was the most boring. Despite leveling up really quicky and loving the guns, I found it pretty boring. They seem red-line crazy. Obviously, it's a good tactic to push the enemy back, I just found a lot of the matches I felt pointless being there and I didn't enjoy the wins ;)

• Advertisement

Cool ill be back on when i return from gamescom

Advertisement